Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One will function WITHOUT Kinect plugged in.

• 182 results
    Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hailinel said:

@darji: Oculus Rift has restrictions in that it's only really a feasible option for games meant to be experienced in first-person.

but they do not restrict gameplay . IT is for a certain view but other than that it does not restrict in any other way. Kinect or motion controlled games have various gameplay and movement restrictions

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#102  Edited By Hailinel

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

@darji: Oculus Rift has restrictions in that it's only really a feasible option for games meant to be experienced in first-person.

but they do not restrict gameplay . IT is for a certain view but other than that it does not restrict in any other way. Kinect or motion controlled games have various gameplay and movement restrictions

No, those input devices are just meant for certain types of gameplay, just as Oculus is. You can make a game poorly suited to Oculus just as easily as you can one poorly suited to Kinect or the Wii Remote.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@iamjohn said:

@alexglass: So, uh, what's your point exactly? That it's hyperbole that I don't understand what the philosophy of the console is anymore now that they've almost completely reversed direction on almost every policy they announced and it's starting to go in the opposite direction of now I don't know why it differentiates itself from the PS4? At a point it starts to affect my interest in PS4 too, because the more similar they become the less I want either and would rather upgrade my PC. But sure, try to shame me to some nonsensical end over a pretty innocuous comment. Hooray for you.

How does allowing people to unplug Kinect without bricking the console change the philosophy of the Xbox One? Or any of the other features I listed other than the DRM change.

Please explain. Also please explain "every other policy" they changed that changed the philosophy of the Xbox One.

Up until now, the stated policy that Microsoft had put in place was that the Kinect was a mandatory device and was required to be connected in order to function properly. But as they have changed their minds and are now not making the device mandatory, they are invoking a massive policy shift.

Kinect is stil bundled, it still comes mandatory, it's still going to play the same exact role it played before this. They've already stated very clearly there's absolutely no plans of coming out with an Xbox One without Kinect, and Kinect is at the very center of the Xbox One, from the moment you power it on. All this did is allowed you to unplug it without bricking your X1 and gave people an option. How does this "massive policy shift" actually change the function of the console or its philosophy?

The only thing they've done is removed a reason to complain by some people, without actually changing anything in their product.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Darji

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

No, those input devices are just meant for certain types of gameplay, just as Oculus is. You can make a game poorly suited to Oculus just as easily as you can one poorly suited to Kinect or the Wii Remote.

name a good game for kinect with great mechanics that are better than normal games without kinect. . And I said game not a dance thing.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By AlexGlass

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

@darji said:

@hailinel said:

name a good game for kinect with great mechanics that are better than normal games without kinect. . And I said game not a dance thing.

Dance Central is a game just as much as Guitar Hero, DDR, or Rockband or any other type of musical game and they all required additional input methods to make possible. So is Kinect Sports. Both very fun and lots of people enjoy them.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@iamjohn said:

@alexglass: So, uh, what's your point exactly? That it's hyperbole that I don't understand what the philosophy of the console is anymore now that they've almost completely reversed direction on almost every policy they announced and it's starting to go in the opposite direction of now I don't know why it differentiates itself from the PS4? At a point it starts to affect my interest in PS4 too, because the more similar they become the less I want either and would rather upgrade my PC. But sure, try to shame me to some nonsensical end over a pretty innocuous comment. Hooray for you.

How does allowing people to unplug Kinect without bricking the console change the philosophy of the Xbox One? Or any of the other features I listed other than the DRM change.

Please explain. Also please explain "every other policy" they changed that changed the philosophy of the Xbox One.

Up until now, the stated policy that Microsoft had put in place was that the Kinect was a mandatory device and was required to be connected in order to function properly. But as they have changed their minds and are now not making the device mandatory, they are invoking a massive policy shift.

Kinect is stil bundled, it still comes mandatory, it's still going to play the same exact role it played before this. They've already stated very clearly there's absolutely no plans of coming out with an Xbox One without Kinect, and Kinect is at the very center of the Xbox One, from the moment you power it on. All this did is allowed you to unplug it without bricking your X1 and gave people an option. How does this "massive policy shift" actually change the function of the console or its philosophy?

The only thing they've done is removed a reason to complain by some people, without actually changing anything in their product.

It comes with the system, but it no longer a mandatory piece of hardware that must be connected to the Xbox One in order to use the console.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass: there's just no point.

I know you're trying to fight the good fight. I'm excited about the new consoles and I do appreciate your posts even when are extremely technical and beyond what I know about programming. Even if none of that stuff will ever be apparent to someone not in that field, it is still interesting to read.

I shudder to think what the psychology of so many of these people is. They literally can't accept that someone might be excited about something. It's just not possible. So they feel the need to try and tear it down at every step. It happens in every single thread on this forum. The same people over and over. Crying and bitching about a product that they've already decided to hate. Not sure how many times someone needs to express how much they hate Microsoft and the xbox one. If they are this miserable on an Internet forum, I can't imagine what their real lives are like.

I spent a generation thinking that the Sony community might be a little more civil because of the reputation of xbox live, but it's the complete opposite. Th Sony fans are bitter and hateful to a degree I didn't think possible. The proof is in how many of them come here just to be negative compared to how many Microsoft fans invade the sony forum on a regular basis.

I will gladly take the community full of frat boys and 12 year olds over these guys any day. At least the frat boys and 12 year olds only exist on Live and they can be muted.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By AlexGlass

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@iamjohn said:

It comes with the system, but it no longer a mandatory piece of hardware that must be connected to the Xbox One in order to use the console.

Which is a good thing. And doesn't remove any of the functionality the device had prior to this news. How does adding an option that has no bearing whatsoever on prior functionality of Kinect change what the Xbox One is?

How about you save your hyperbole, exaggerations and overreactions for a day when MS actually does what you are trying to spin this into, and comes out with a different SKU without Kinect, cancels Kinect Sports Rivals, stops supporting voice recognition control, or decides not to do cloud gaming anymore.

Then you might actually have a point.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass: I totally give you dancing games but this is also fun with mats from back then. However Sport games restrict your movements by alot. Take the football game for example. It is just some dumb minigame which has not even much to do with the real game. It has been done this way because of the restrictions kinect has. People who like football and football games are rather not playing the kinect thing if they can get the real deal.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Now they've got my attention.

But being that I'll have a PS4 and a PC, they are going to need to have some exclusives that I want to play. Pretty disappointed with Xbox and 360's exclusives. But here's hoping.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By clumsyninja1

The customer is ALWAYS right!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@hailinel said:

Which is a good thing. And doesn't remove any of the functionality the device had prior to this news. How does adding an option that has no bearing whatsoever on prior functionality of Kinect change what the Xbox One is?

Simple. Before the policy shift, every developer on Xbox One could create their games knowing full-well that every player would have their Kinect plugged in. Now any third-party developer that wants to make Kinect a key part of their game experience is forced to sell to a split user-base, and the number of people that are extremely Kinect averse was apparently large enough to make Microsoft perform these PR gymnastics. Just like the current generation, it's going to be incredibly difficult to get a publisher to fork over significant development dollars for Kinect-heavy games, meaning we're going to see token implementation at best outside of Microsoft's studios.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Now all yous can stfu about big brother MS for now.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By bigjeffrey

Stated by Albert Penello, Product Management and Planning at Microsoft Corporation

We still believe in Kinect. We aren’t interested in splitting the development base. The more demos I’ve seen, the more I’ve used it – the more impressed I am. The team feels strongly about Kinect, and I hope we’re able to prove that when you use it.

We also have a ton of privacy settings to allow people to turn off the camera, or microphones, or put it in a state just for “Xbox On” and IR blasting – there will be a lot of user control for that.

The thing we all understood, and hence this change, is that there are some scenarios where people just may not be comfortable. We wanted people to be 100% comfortable, so we allow the sensor to be unplugged. And clearly the “it dropped” scenario is possible.

The most obvious thing is watching a DVD/BD, or streaming a movie, or HDMI pass-through, your experience isn’t impacted (except you miss voice and IR blasting)

There is no “gotcha”, but obviously, if there is a game that REQUIRES Kinect (like Rivals), or something where Kinect IS the experience (like Skype), those won’t work.

That said, for people who have privacy concerns there are user control settings, which we believe are great._

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

Simple. Before the policy shift, every developer on Xbox One could create their games knowing full-well that every player would have their Kinect plugged in. Now any third-party developer that wants to make Kinect a key part of their game experience is forced to sell to a split user-base, and the number of people that are extremely Kinect averse was apparently large enough to make Microsoft perform these PR gymnastics. Just like the current generation, it's going to be incredibly difficult to get a publisher to fork over significant development dollars for Kinect-heavy games, meaning we're going to see token implementation at best outside of Microsoft's studios.

I think you're trying to make an argument about a split user base, which there isn't since the Kinect comes standard.

Instead your gibberish is about as post-worthy as me saying developers don't know if every gamer have their controllers plugged in, therefore they're less likely to support the controller.

No, the ability to unplug Kinect is not going to have any impact whatsoever on developer support and I am now 10 IQ points dumber for being stupid enough and actually taking time to respond to this nonsense and straw reaching.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By gogosox82

@iamjohn said:

They are totally changing how the console will operate and that's not a big policy change in your eyes? It wouldn't even work without kinect and now it will. Honestly, I think that is bigger than getting rid of the 24 hour check in.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

I think you're trying to make an argument about a split user base, which there isn't since the Kinect comes standard.

Instead your gibberish is about as post-worthy as me saying developers don't know if every gamer have their controllers plugged in, therefore they're less likely to support the controller.

No, the ability to unplug Kinect is not going to have any impact whatsoever on developer support and I am now 10 IQ points dumber for being stupid enough and actually taking time to respond to this nonsense and straw reaching.

Kinect comes standard, but not everyone is going to plug it in and use it. Thus, a split userbase. Surely that's easy enough for you to understand.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By AlexGlass

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@starvinggamer said:

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

Kinect comes standard, but not everyone is going to plug it in and use it. Thus, a split userbase. Surely that's easy enough for you to understand.

Maybe if I lived in your own twisted reality of how the video game industry works, I would.

I chose to remain here, on Planet Earth, in this dimension.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass: Being belligerent and rude isn't helping your case.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Reaching for straws isn't helping yours either. You're digging a whole so big no shovel on planet Earth can help dig you out of.

I am particularly thrilled by this news and I feel I should add something to the level of discussion being displayed in this thread. Personally, I was seriously concerned with the requirement due to the possibility that if the X1 bricked it may have made my Kinect useless.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I get games from Redbox yet? No? Is that announcement coming in 2 weeks?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Reaching for straws isn't helping yours either. You're digging a whole so big no shovel on planet Earth can help dig you out of.

I am particularly thrilled by this news and I feel I should add something to the level of discussion being displayed in this thread. Personally, I was seriously concerned with the requirement due to the possibility that if the X1 bricked it may have made my Kinect useless.

Again, belligerence and rudeness are not helping you. Continue these unprovoked attacks, and you only demonstrate that your opinion is not worth being taken seriously by me or anyone else on these forums.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By rebgav

@starvinggamer said:

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

Wow, you're an embarrassingly shriveled cock.

What @starvinggamer was clearly saying was that, given that the Kinect has been unplugged in favor of appeasing the consumer, it is clear that some portion of the prospective userbase doesn't like the peripheral. That being the case, a developer who may want deep Kinect integration in their game is going to have a hard time selling it to those users. If those users represent a large percentage of the eventual install base it's going to be difficult to convince a publisher that a game should limit its appeal by requiring use of the Kinect.

Simply putting a Kinect in the box is not enough coercion to make people use it. How many people used the Kinect features in ME3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier or Skyrim?

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

Again, belligerence and rudeness are not helping you. Continue these unprovoked attacks, and you only demonstrate that your opinion is not worth being taken seriously by me or anyone else on these forums.

I'm sorry if you get your feelings hurt when someone calls out an irrational, unrealistic, and completely baseless argument. And if you take it so personally then you should know your initial argument proved the worth of your opinion to begin with. The bad part is you presented it as if it was a fact without actually thinking it through.

I don't think there's anything wrong in attacking and exposing a nonsense argument for what it is. I've already spent more time responding to it then it deserved.

Good day to you sir.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#126  Edited By Humanity
    Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These kind of constant 180s are not the moves of a company that is confident in their position. Hilarious.

Still, it's good news for everyone. Giving people the option of having it plugged in or not is impossible to argue against, and moves like this are what people wanted from them in the first place. Choice. Give us choices.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh snap!

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Ninja_Welshman
    @m1k3 said:

Does microsoft even know what the XboxOne is anymore? seems to be changing every week since e3.

This. Been a PR disaster from the start.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@m1k3 said:

Does microsoft even know what the XboxOne is anymore? seems to be changing every week since e3.

This. Been a PR disaster from the start.

You've come to the right place, as this is a video game forum, so as a person who is really into this stuff and has been following it in detail I can tell you that it is a video game console that has a controller pad and takes discs to play games

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#131  Edited By BoOzak

For those saying they wont release a Kinectless bundle think logically. All these reversals that everyone said would never happen happend. If XB1 doesnt meet expectations Microsoft will, and have done everything in their power to appease the masses.

As someone who's only experience with the original Kinect has been frustration and rage this is good news. The only people who have gotten to use Kinect 2.0 claim it still has pretty severe latency problems meaning it still isnt viable for gaming. And I have no interest in Skype via The One nor facial recognition and voice commands so for me it's pretty useless. And for those that want all those party games i'm sure Microsoft will rope Rare and Harmonix into making more. So who loses? The 'Hardcore' gamer who thinks Kinect will revolutionise gaming? Okay then...

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@starvinggamer: Yeah, let's talk about how all the possibilities for the Wiimote were fulfilled...

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If they make a fable 4 some day and its not a kinect game i might buy one a few years later.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

For those saying they wont release a Kinectless bundle think logically. All these reversals that everyone said would never happen happend. If XB1 doesnt meet expectations Microsoft will, and have done everything in their power to appease the masses.

As someone who's only experience with the original Kinect has been frustration and rage this is good news. The only people who have gotten to use Kinect 2.0 claim it still has pretty severe latency problems meaning it still isnt viable for gaming. And I have no interest in Skype via The One nor facial recognition and voice commands so for me it's pretty useless. And for those that want all those party games i'm sure Microsoft will rope Rare and Harmonix into making more. So who loses? The 'Hardcore' gamer who thinks Kinect will revolutionise gaming? Okay then...

Funny, everything I've read says quite the opposite. In fact we were just discussing IGN's hands-on from a couple of days ago...

And work it does. The response time on Kinect 2.0 is very obviously much faster than the first Kinect, which Majesco made obvious by switching back and forth on-the-fly between Xbox 360 and Xbox One builds of the game (because certain sections they wanted to show me didn’t work properly on the One yet).Seeing the two Kinects work at the same time in the exact same space was telling. Input lag is no longer noticeable – that’s not to say it isn’t there because, well, of course it is – but it no longer feels like you’re fighting the Kinect to get it to read what you’re doing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/ive-seen-a-real-xbox-one-kinect-game-in-action-and

What sources are you reading?

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yet another wise 180 from Microsoft. One less point of failure.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

I'm sorry if you get your feelings hurt when someone calls out an irrational, unrealistic, and completely baseless argument. And if you take it so personally then you should know your initial argument proved the worth of your opinion to begin with. The bad part is you presented it as if it was a fact without actually thinking it through.

I don't think there's anything wrong in attacking and exposing a nonsense argument for what it is. I've already spent more time responding to it then it deserved.

Good day to you sir.

You're not attacking and exposing the argument, you're attacking the person making the argument. And the truth of the matter is that everything you're accusing me of, making nonsense arguments and refusing to listen to reason, you're actually committing yourself.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137  Edited By hockeymask27

Great now i can wait for the Kinectless SKU. I was going to buy it at launch but fuck that now.

yes fuck kinect.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would hopefully push Sony to do something more outrageous. I love this competition!

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@alexglass: Well I was going off of peoples impressions from e3, granted that isnt the place to test such a thing.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@darji said:

@alexglass: I totally give you dancing games but this is also fun with mats from back then. However Sport games restrict your movements by alot. Take the football game for example. It is just some dumb minigame which has not even much to do with the real game. It has been done this way because of the restrictions kinect has. People who like football and football games are rather not playing the kinect thing if they can get the real deal.

I hear The Gunstringer was pretty good.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

@alexglass said:

@hailinel said:

Good day to you sir.

You're not attacking and exposing the argument, you're attacking the person making the argument. And the truth of the matter is that everything you're accusing me of, making nonsense arguments and refusing to listen to reason, you're actually committing yourself.

What reason? You are actually making a serious argument about the ability to unplug Kinect having an effect on developer support and causing a split user base.

There is nothing reasonable about that. It totally lacks common sense or understanding of what causes developer to drop support. And if you are missing that kind of common sense, then go and find some proof to back up such nonsense.

And that's not an attack on you, but it is an attack on what you are claiming. It's just nonsense.

It must be a miracle that online gaming made it with MS and Sony giving us the option of unplugging our ethernet chords!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By EXTomar

Are you making a serious argument that Kinect being optional is going to make developers embrace it? Did that work for any number of things from 32X or ROB all the way to DDR pads and plastic instruments and Wii Fit boards? It must be glorious in alexglass' world where all devices are accepted flaws and all just because a vendor releases it.

Here is an example for our "the resident expert": There are a number of HDTV, blu-ray players, and consoles that support 3D out of the box. Why isn't everything (games, movies, broadcasts) 3D supported right now? Maybe the problems and technical issues are bigger than "it comes with it, out of the box" can solve.

If our resident expert needs a more direct hint re-read this again and think about Kinect again: Maybe the problems and technical issues are bigger than "it comes with it, out of the box" can solve.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By spraynardtatum

@hailinel: Not really. I'd be more than happy playing a puzzle game or a third person game using the Oculus Rift.

First person will definitely be the creme of the crop though.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass: Whoa, pull back on the reigns there. I agree, people are being a bit irrational about the policy changes Microsoft has done in the past month, but calling people stupid, based on their opinions is just as idiotic and irrational. I think what most people are trying to say is this is a confirmation that force bundling in an accessory (and yes this is still an accessory) is just a money grab from Microsoft and that it will still have no bearing on the development of hardcore games. I doubt cross platform games (which will consist of 90% of game releases) will institute a real meaningful use for the Kinect (or that weird touchpad on the PS4). But hey, that is just my opinion, and I hope I am wrong and some developer comes up with some incredible way to make the Kinect a key part of future gaming, but it hasn't happened the last three years, and I don't see that happening in the future. It doesn't mean the Kinect is some crappy POS accessory, because in my opinion (see what I did there), it is a fantastic device and for SOME people well worth the $100 price tag. But shouldn't it be an option for all users?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

@alexglass: there's just no point.

I know you're trying to fight the good fight. I'm excited about the new consoles and I do appreciate your posts even when are extremely technical and beyond what I know about programming. Even if none of that stuff will ever be apparent to someone not in that field, it is still interesting to read.

I shudder to think what the psychology of so many of these people is. They literally can't accept that someone might be excited about something. It's just not possible. So they feel the need to try and tear it down at every step. It happens in every single thread on this forum. The same people over and over. Crying and bitching about a product that they've already decided to hate. Not sure how many times someone needs to express how much they hate Microsoft and the xbox one. If they are this miserable on an Internet forum, I can't imagine what their real lives are like.

I spent a generation thinking that the Sony community might be a little more civil because of the reputation of xbox live, but it's the complete opposite. Th Sony fans are bitter and hateful to a degree I didn't think possible. The proof is in how many of them come here just to be negative compared to how many Microsoft fans invade the sony forum on a regular basis.

I will gladly take the community full of frat boys and 12 year olds over these guys any day. At least the frat boys and 12 year olds only exist on Live and they can be muted.

I'll give it to you that there has been a lot of unnecessary hate of the Xbox One going around (I have been a part of it) but your comment is equally negative and it's towards actual human beings rather than a product. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just think you're doing exactly what you're complaining about.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By AlexGlass

@extomar said:

Are you making a serious argument that Kinect being optional is going to make developers embrace it? Did that work for any number of things from 32X or ROB all the way to DDR pads and plastic instruments and Wii Fit boards? It must be glorious in alexglass' world where all devices are accepted flaws and all just because a vendor releases it.

Here is an example for our "the resident expert": There are a number of HDTV, blu-ray players, and consoles that support 3D out of the box. Why isn't everything (games, movies, broadcasts) 3D supported right now? Maybe the problems and technical issues are bigger than "it comes with it, out of the box" can solve.

If our resident expert needs a more direct hint re-read this again and think about Kinect again: Maybe the problems and technical issues are bigger than "it comes with it, out of the box" can solve.

No.

Good God! You seriously have an issue comprehending my posts, you know that? Dude, every single time you reply to one of my posts you come out with some twisted freaking understanding that is completely different and totally misses the mark. It's fascinating how poor of a reader you are and how bad your attention to detail is. Not to mention it doesn't help your boastful claims of being a programmer and coding expert with knowledge of technical talk from personal expertise.

Seriously man, is English your second language or something? Well this is both genuine advice and a request: Please learn to slow down and understand what you are actually reading before you hit reply.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#147  Edited By ArtisanBreads

It's funny to see some of these responses. Xbox is fucked due to their previous stances (many vocal critics said) now many of those critics see the issues reversed and it's "What is their vision? it has no vision!"

Uhhh... games? Isn't that what you wanted? They are giving you what you wanted and you're still bitching. And Sony isn't some white knight (was was evidenced by the RAM issues that came out, many acting as if the Sony OS wouldn't have RAM dedicated to it, as if it was magic before that).

Kinect will have an audience, but now we just get a Microsoft console more than anything, which is a good thing as in the last generation they did a lot of things better than Sony did. Good competition to come in game consoles.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@iburningstar said:

Wow, so this is now pretty much a completely different system from when it was unveiled. As shitty as their initial vision was, I would have respected them more if they had stuck to it. At least partially so. All the changes they have made are most likely smarter business decisions, but it gives me the impression that they are radically redesigning everything in a relatively small time frame so they can be competitive with Sony during the holiday season. Hopefully all of this isn't as complicated and rushed as I'm imagining because this paints a picture where we could have another disastrous launch for a Microsoft console.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Microsoft having a Kinectless SKU at all seems to go against their plans for it. No developer in their right mind would even give two shits about it if wasn't standard with EVERY Xbox One. The only way to get some potentially interesting games out of it (keyword: potentially) is by forcing it into the homes of everyone who buys one, whether they want it or not.

They wouldn't develop exclusively for Kinect anyway. Just like how you said "no developer in their right mind" would limit their userbase (to those with just Kinects), they similarly wouldn't wall themselves into just releasing on one platform when they could easily release on two or three. The existence of the PS4 makes compelling Kinect games something that will likely never happen, or that will be incredibly rare.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's awesome. I would suggest for them to have a cheaper no kinect box but then that would defeat the purpose that MS has for that camera

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@the_laughing_man said:

Yes it does warrent it's own thread. No more tin foil hat speeches.

Sad that it does. Anyone that wasn't going to buy an Xbox One because of the inability to unplug the Kinect, should probably seriously consider buying a different console.

I don't know why you'd say that given the amount of PR-spin you do on these forums. I'd think you'd be happy for more people to buy the Xbox One knowing they don't need to have the Kinect plugged in.

It's not just conspiracy theorist, but people with actual reasons for not wanting to have to plug it in. The depth of field has been improved so it might work in my living room now, if I didn't have furniture in the way and had a place to actually put it. I have no interest in Kinect games, so why would I simply want to have this plugged in and crammed somewhere out of the way, as opposed to simply leaving it in the box?

Ideally I would prefer a Kinect-less SKU, but this is still beneficial to me down the road when there are eventually enough exclusives I'd be interested in that would compel me to pick up an Xbox One.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.