Do you still play your Xbox?

#1 Posted by AriekeN (15 posts) -

I do, thats because i do not have a next-gen console .

#2 Posted by NeoTheta (223 posts) -

I had mine up until October of last year. I sold it for 25 bucks with all my games to my friend Coleman. GameStop wouldn't take it because the barcode on the bottom was scratched.

#3 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

You need to buy a new console pronto, cmon cmon u doin it or what.

#4 Posted by Beaudman (66 posts) -

I still play my xbox alot. I got Thief: Deadly Shadows for $5 not too long ago, and I'm gonna be playing through that.

#5 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Yeah, MVP baseball 2005.

#6 Edited by Recongoddess (23 posts) -

Yes! Though, I have to admit I don't play it as much as I use to because of the next-gen consoles.. but I love all my consoles.. And I'll probably be put on the cross for this, but my original xbox (from launch) plays just as good if not better than my 4th x360.. yes, I'm on my 4th now because of the red ring of death syndrome
#7 Posted by Beaudman (66 posts) -
Recongoddess said:
"
Yes! Though, I have to admit I don't play it as much as I use to because of the next-gen consoles.. but I love all my consoles.. And I'll probably be put on the cross for this, but my original xbox (from launch) plays just as good if not better than my 4th x360.. yes, I'm on my 4th now because of the red ring of death syndrome
"
 Yep, I still have my launch day Xbox, and it still works just fine. I'm still on my fist 360 though, but it's starting to act up. It runs really slow.
#8 Posted by Bob_Toeback (308 posts) -

yeah I still play my XBOX, Im sure I could play most of my games on the 360, but I like my saves.

#9 Posted by Tordah (2484 posts) -
AriekeN said:
"I do, thats because i do not have a next-gen console ."
Same here. And also because Xbox games are very cheap now and there are still tons of games I want to check out.
#10 Posted by KillerFly (396 posts) -

Nope. If I want to play an Xbox game, I use my 360.

#11 Posted by craze7 (5 posts) -

I dont play games on me xbox anymore but i do use it, xbmc is handy to have!!!

#12 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Nope, my Xbox is sitting in some corner collecting dust... I still play a some of the Xbox games though with BC on the 360 (KoTOR 1 and 2).

#13 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

no, but i play ps2... guitar hero mainly.

#14 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

If I want to play Burnout Revenge I play it on my Xbox, but that's it. All my other Xbox games are BC

#15 Edited by Major (506 posts) -

I sold my Xbox when I got a 360..
Kind of regret it because I had issues when I went to replay threw both Kotors.. FPS and Audio were terrible. Damn you, software emulation!

#16 Posted by KingHippp0 (118 posts) -

Beyond Good and Evil and other games that are not backwards compat keep me coming back to this box.

Also, my buddy with Halo 2 doesn't have a 360 yet, so I get online to play with him every once in a while.

Midship, Ascension, Ivory Tower, Relic, Gemeni, Coagulation, Burial Mounds.... there's still some amazing maps on H2 that keep me coming back.

#17 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

No. I actually would except both of my original controllers on my Xbox died. They kept getting these errors that would say they're disconnected when they weren't. I did all I could to try to fix the problem, but ultimately, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Nothing worked and I wasn't going to buy new controllers nor settle for third party ones, so I stopped playing my Xbox for probably about six months before I upgraded to next gen.

#18 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

Yup, I actually think I use it more than my Wii.

#19 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -
AriekeN said:
"I do, thats because i do not have a next-gen console ."
I don't...sold mine. Get a 360 for Christmas or Hannakuh or whatever you celebrate in December lol...
#20 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

Yeah, I have around 70 Xbox games! It's easily my biggest collection for any console. There were some great games nobody got to play. Right now I'm into Outrun 2006, Rallisport Challenge 2, Wakeboarding Unleashed, SSX 3, and Sonic Mega Collection.

I am definitely gaming some games on my Xbox.

#21 Posted by muthsera666 (71 posts) -

I love my Xbox. I'm almost up to 500 games for it. I don't have any current-gen, but there are plenty of great games that are on the Xbox.

#22 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

yeah i still do, i play jade empire on it.

#23 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

Not really, currently occupied by the ps2, but I still have it hooked up, I have quite a few games I haven't finished, I might get back to it sometime.

#24 Posted by JJOR64 (19048 posts) -

I never bought an original Xbox before.  I thought about getting one if I can get one for like $50.

#25 Posted by Psykhophear (941 posts) -
#26 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Never had an original Xbox, although a while ago I tried to play Jet Set Radio Future on my 360. Didn't care much for it.

#27 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@SSbabel said:
"

You need to buy a new console pronto, cmon cmon u doin it or what.

"
I like the way you think 
and speak 
<3
#28 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

Nope. I never had an Xbox. 

I still play my PS2 though. I want to beat Silent Hill 2 so badly, but it's too scary!!!!!!!!

#29 Edited by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

I set up a dvd player the other week and after a while thought what the fuck am I doing  and put my xbox in its place.  Then is started playing Fahrenheit with "The Duke".  I always loved the Duke more than the controller-S but after the 360 pad it's a bit... wow.  Anyway, yeah, I'm doing Fahrenheit and planning on giving PopSot another run and I've got Psi-Ops which I think has got at least one more run on it and it's not 360 compatible, WHY!?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.