Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 10, 2010

An RPG developed by Monolith Soft, for Wii and New Nintendo 3DS. Two great civilizations that live on the vast bodies of slain deities have been at war for aeons, and now with the development of a dangerous superweapon, things are finally coming to a head.

What are your preferred party line-ups?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

Despite being over thirty hours in, I'm still relatively early in the Xenoblade. I haven't even met all of the party members in the game, yet. But I've slowly seen more characters pop up, and have had more opportunities to tinker with my line-up. So far, I've rolled the most with Shulk/Dunban/Sharla, though there have been times in retrospect that might have been easier had I kept Reyn in the active line-up. Anyone else here have a preferred party that they've gone with?

Mattxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Mattxx

Shulk/Dunban/Melia with Melia as the party leader.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

I mix it up, constantly. Combat/sidequests is the fastest way to increase affinity without experimenting with collectibles so I change things around often. For example my Shulk/Sharla/Reyn all currently have max affinity with one another, so I never use them together anymore. I've learned some neat things from experimenting though, such as Shulk/Riki/Dunban party (with you in control of Riki) can spend entire fights inside of chain attacks if you play it correctly. Trivializes almost everything but it's hilarious either way.

45 hour story spoilers: don't click, warning, warning, warning, seriously:

I just got Fiora back and have never been happier in my life honestly, best fucking scene in the entire game. I am using her currently because my waifu etc.
    Avatar image for hershelgeorgelives
    hershelgeorgelives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Melia, Dunban, and Shulk because some guy on the internet told me this is the best party.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By jacksukeru

I still haven't got back to this game (sigh), I played up to the part where you met that other girl, she might be this "Melia". The last time I played the game I had her as the party leader, she's really interesting and fun to play as so I might keep her in. Before that I rolled with Shulk, Reyn and Sharla with Reyn as the traditional tank and me playing Shulk backstabbingslashing fools.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By rubberluffy

A lot of new players rely on the DPS/Tank/Healer team of Shulk/Reyn or Dunban/Sharla, but you can make almost any combination work for you, outside of some parts where a certain character is the best option.  I've been rocking a Melia/Sharla/Riki party, which can almost make you unkillable.

Also, a lot of people don't realize that when you use a chain attack and use a DoT attack with a high multiplier, the multiplier actually affects the tick damage.  For example, I used Riki's Lurgy in a chain, and instead of doing 500 or so poison a tick, it did 1.5k.  Also, never let the AI control Melia.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@rubberluffy said:

Also, never let the AI control Melia.

Melia is a beast when player-controlled.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I use Shulk/Riki/Dunban, not for any particular reason, though.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadyPingu

I went with good ol' Shulk-Reyn-Sharla. Not particularly adventurous, but I found it to be the best party for tough mobs and bosses. I switched Shulk for Dunban sometimes against trash mobs, though. Dunban is rad.

modedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By modedude

Pretty much went for the standard Shulk-Reyn-Sharla. Tried to use other party members at times, but got so used to my old ones I pretty much just stuck to what I already knew.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Nux

I try to swich it up when I can. As of now I'm using Shulk/Riki/Sharla but I might go back to either Shulk/Reyn/Sharla or Shulk/Dunban/Sharla. I would like to have a party without Sharla in it but I don't see a way to have a party without a healer.

beerczar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By beerczar

When I am doing main quest stuff I tend to stick with Shulk / Dunban / Sharla. I find this combo can do a great amount of damage while still having good survivability.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Zenogiasu

Shulk, Dunban, Sharla, all the way. Shulk as dedicated DPS, Dunban as an evade tank, and Sharla as a dedicated healer. Great survivability and pretty decent damage output.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Alkaiser

I usually go with Riki, Reyn, and then I switch out the 3rd slot with whoever I feel like.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King

Right now, I'm rocking Shulk/Dunban/Fiora (terrible idea, since that turns Shulk into the main healer), but I do like me some Shulk/Sharla/Melia. However, I am considering putting Sharla back into my party at Dunban's expense once I max out all those potential affinities.

piyakhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By piyakhan

hello guys,

Melia is a beast when player-controlled.`

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.