This might be coming to PC

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

OH BOY. I really love Horizon (it was my 2017 GOTY) and I'd love to play through it again on PC with all the bells and whistles and 21:9 support thrown in.

Now, three years later, Horizon will be on another platform for the first time. We expect to see the game on both Steam and the Epic Games Store when it launches (although that may not be finalized yet). It will be the first Guerrilla game on a non-PlayStation platform since Sony purchased the Netherlands-based studio in 2005. It will also be an opportunity for Guerrilla to show off its technical chops—Horizon: Zero Dawn, restrained by the PlayStation 4's hardware, was locked at a framerate of 30 frames per second. We expect the PC version to be more capable.

This will be the first big exclusive game from a Sony-owned developer to come to PC. Death Stranding, which launched for PS4 last November and will also arrive on PC later this year, was funded and published by Sony but developed by an independent studio, Kojima Productions. (In fact, the PC version of Death Stranding is published by a different company, 505 Games.) The French studio Quantic Dream, also independent, had a similar arrangement last year, self-publishing its games Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human on PC without Sony’s involvement.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm just playing through it for the first time on a borrowed PS4 right now. Funny timing. My biggest hope is that this means a sequel would also come to PC.

Love the game so far.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Cool!

...what about Bloodborne?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

PS client confirmed?

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By berfunkle

I always thought no Sony exclusive especially if Sony owned the IP could ever come to PC, but here we are.

Bloodborne anyone?

God of War?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Cool!

...what about Bloodborne?

The only appropriate response.

I mena Horizon was alright. It wasn't amazing and it was clunky in A LOT of ways but considering this is Guerilla finally not making a first person shooter? Amazing first effort.

That Bloodborne on PC though. Ooh mama.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

I just recently replayed this game and every bit of it holds up just as well as it did in 2017 if not even more. I was playing my NG+ file I'd started back when the Frozen Wilds DLC first released, which at the time I thought I'd made a huge mistake by setting at the unchangeable Ultra Hard setting only to find myself unable to beat the very first new enemy encounter of the DLC.

Taking over a year to recharge and conquering other hard games like Bloodborne, God of War, Dead Cells, then bouncing hard off the meanness of Sekiro and clunkiness of Fallen Order's hard mode, I got the urge to give that save file another shot. And after a brief adjustment period, this game blew me away all over again. I didn't platinum the DLC (some of those tower control challenges are just aggravating) nor did I do much of the side content in the story but I had a super fun time speeding through everything again with the shielded armor (which, to Guerilla's credit, is still somewhat fallible on Ultra Hard so you still need to keep in mind alternative armor sets) and experiencing the story one more time.

It has its mistakes, primarily its extreeeeeeeme reliance on audio logs, which makes sense for the world and lore but makes for a weird sense of momentum because the chunkiest audio logs tend to be the primary catalyst for the biggest story beats. But Zero Dawn was easily my game of the year, and maybe the stupidest thing I can say about this news is it makes me so excited to replay this game, again, on a PS5 and (hopefully) a long due upgrade from a 720p medium latency relic of a TV to something more modern and worthy of games like this.

I suppose it's cool that non-Playstation owners (should this rumor prove true) will get to experience this absolute banger of a game as well!

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually in the middle of replaying HZD right now. Story is whatever, but in my book still has the best combat of any of the modern open world action adventure games.

This is crazy news. I would have bet almost any amount of money that you'd never see a PC port of a Sony first-party game.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10 fisk0  Moderator

I'll chime in that I'm really excited about the possibility of a Bloodborne port ... maybe even Demon's Souls?!

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I adored this game. I enjoyed the story for the most part, save for a slight lull in the middle, but I was hooked throughout.

I loved just wandering around that world, often avoiding combat (playing at a high difficulty tended to make me question using my time and resources). It was incredibly relaxing, to the point that my wife and I would treat it almost like a relaxation aid. It was great for somebody like myself who tends to explore every nook and cranny, every corner, of a game.

There were a number of little touches, too. Just how grim some of those first audio logs turned out to be as the full story was revealed was nice to see. Sounds in the distance. Parts that felt like a lived in world.

Most of all, Aloy was just generally likeable. She wasn't all gritted teeth and snarling throught the entire game, even if she had every reason to be (though there was some of that from time to time, of course). Curiosity without seeking wealth was also nice to see. It was very easy to get behind the basic notion of wanting to learn about the world, while also achieving some goals. I liked her, my wife liked her, the kids thought that she was cool (that... may have been the red hair since they also have red hair), so we all had a good time watching Daddy traipse thought the world and root for her.

I may need to replay this.

goosemunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day.

But my cynical brain says this is nothing but a marketing ploy for HZD2 and for next gen Playstation. If the cost of porting to PC is small (because they already did most of the legwork for Death Stranding), why not release it on completing platforms to maximize HZD fanbase, then when HZD2 eventually comes out as a PS5 exclusive, more people might convert to their platform.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the surface it's pretty surprising to see a Sony-owned studio doing this, but I think once the consoles switched over to x86 it was pretty much inevitable. Porting to PC should be fairly inexpensive. It's almost free money for them to put these games out there well after the console sales window has closed.

Now if we start seeing Sony studios doing day-and-date on PC, that would surprise me.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Horizon kind of sucked, but this is AWESOME news if it means that more previously exclusive games find their way to PC. I just want to play Bloodborne at a stable 60fps.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm joining the Bloodborne sentiment. But I would also very much play HZD.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are things that put me off Horizon, but i love open world games like it, and i'm all for supporting PC.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be very cool indeed. I love the idea of PC getting every console exclusive. The game itself wasn't all that great to me. I really enjoyed the story and the world, but the combat sucked. I honestly don't think I could get myself to replay that whole thing again.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Buzz seems to be this is deffo happening, more games are coming, and that sony are looking to be more of a service provider

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is awesome news to hear, at least the possibility of it.

I own Horizon on PS4, but being mainly a PC player I just couldn't get into the game running at 30 fps. I hope the PC port is good.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Hopefully this means that going forward Sony will let up on their deathlike grip over exclusives.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Awesome! I loved this game and more people should get to play it!

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Sony published Playstation exclusive on PC. What crazy times we live in!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NTM

Cool. Not that I'd get to play it any time soon. I hope, however, that this means that PS5 will work some magic with its back compat. Maybe a native (non-checkerboard) 4k res, and 60fps. Horizon is a great, beautiful (both visually and aurally) game. It's one of those games that I can go back to from time to time just to walk around the game's environments to relax. It also has one of the best uses of HDR in games.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mellotronrules

i just completed HZD for the first time in feb. and this is easily my favorite game of this gen.

stoked to see it coming to steam, will be picking it up for sure.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awesome. This game was an absolute blast to play (that also came out in a year full of absolute killers). Definitely worth a run if you've never experienced it.