Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Andrew Ryan is in the trailer...

• 71 results
    KingDaniel97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By KingDaniel97
    @MiniPato said: 
    It's set in 1912 to take advantage of the "feel" of that time not because it's a prequel. And personally I would prefer it that they craft their own new world and new story instead of trying to find some cheap way to tie it into an existing one.   http://www.joystiq.com/video/9bffbc43  About half way in Ken Levine says how Bioshock Infinite is like Bioshock, but not. He says that "there are no Bioshock sacred cows" and that there are no big daddies and that the robot guy was not what it looked like. He states clearly that Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game in terms of gameplay motif and and the philosophy involved. "Bioshock is a lot more than Rapture. It's a first person shooter set in an amazing place with a story wrought with ideas that are tied to human history. Everything else for us is up for grabs." Meaning he doesn't have to stay in the same universe of Rapture. He sees the Bioshock name containing more of the gameplay style rather than the universe of Rapture. They called it Bioshock Infinite cause it looks and plays like Bioshock and not putting the Bioshock name in it would have been a cheat. He even compares it to Final Fantasy. "

Ah, but this was also said. "The setting for BioShock Infinite may seem even more fantastic and technologically advanced than rapture, but it's set in 1912, years before the events of the first game." So that means they're establishing it within the same timeline. And in reference to your quote, he was talking in terms of style and feel of the world. Not in reference to the universe. Comparing it to Final Fantasy was based around the fact that the location changes. He went on to talk about the changed assets and gameplay elements, in elation to Final Fantasy. Not the universal swaps. The rest of your post just seemed to be inconsequential fluff... Him talking about the Sacred Cows was in relation to things from Rapture transferring over.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By fjordson
    @KingDaniel97: I think his post makes sense. Levine has been constantly saying that they said everything they wanted to about Rapture and about those characters within the first BioShock. I won't surprised if there aren't any shared characters.
    KingDaniel97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By KingDaniel97
    @Fjordson said:
    " @KingDaniel97: I think his post makes sense. Levine has been constantly saying that they said everything they wanted to about Rapture and about those characters within the first BioShock. I won't surprised if there aren't any shared characters. "
    Well I'm not saying that there will be Shared characters, I'm just saying it's likely within the same universe.
    Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sanious
    @Mr_Skeleton: He doesn't get enough credit for this!
    Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Sanious said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton: He doesn't get enough credit for this! "
    so i see you like bumping old threads.
    caseylakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By caseylakes
    @RobotHamster said:
    " Probably not, I think its just a look alike, or maybe is FATHER!!! "
    YES! My god, it has to be... Doesn't it?
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @caseylakes said:

" @RobotHamster said:

" Probably not, I think its just a look alike, or maybe is FATHER!!! "
    YES! My god, it has to be... Doesn't it? "
    I am pretty sure they said this is a different universe then the first Bioshock game.  

Or 

They could pull a fast one. And have the guy you play as turn out to be Ryan.
    Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sanious
    @hedfone: Not really, it's not like this wasn't on the first page or anything. Way to go champ.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By valrog

That can't be Ryan. Although it does appear like it is.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vitor
    @Sanious:  

My thread... it lives! IT LIVES!    
    regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By regmcfly

I don't know about this. I know that Bioshock isn't a 'sacred cow' and that its world is absolutely right for the picking. It's such a grand concept that I'd take 3-4 in the series. However, the character of Andrew Ryan seems so tied to Rapture, so rooted to the architecture of that place, that I'm not sure I'd like to see him in another environment. In terms of the concepts of underwater; fear, enclosure, restriction, suffocation - all of these embody Ryan's character so much that to see him enlivened in the sky would somehow be to destroy the insular, petty nature of what has been one of videogaming's best characters of the past 10 years.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By striderno9

Maybe it's Andrew's Dad?

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#63  Edited By donutfever
    @StriderNo9 said:
    Maybe it's Andrew's Dad?
    It`s wrong to disturb the dead.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Yanngc33

Andrew Ryan or maybe some dude with a mustache

lancerharris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By lancerharris

infinite takes place in 2012 so there is no way that andrew Ryan would be twenty because he was like ten when he fled russia and for the obvious reason that would make him 68 in 1960 when he died....duh

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @lancerharris said:

infinite takes place in 2012 so there is no way that andrew Ryan would be twenty because he was like ten when he fled russia and for the obvious reason that would make him 68 in 1960 when he died....duh

Infinite takes place in 1912, though it will be released in 2012.  Also, this thread is really old...duh.
    HaddiEtana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I've been doing some math on Ryan's age for a while, and when he dies he'd be around 61 - 60 at youngest age, making him at least 13ish when Bioshock Infinite takes place, since when he leaves Russian he's at least 20, so in my point of view it just doesn't seem possible. On top of that, from what I've observed in the game, I'm pretty sure that it's not the same universe as Rapture.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@haddietana: Welcome to the forums. Thanks for bumping this 2 year old thread speculating about a game that is already out.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haddietana: You should probably play Bioshock Infinite instead of bumping ridiculously old threads.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@likeassur said:

@haddietana: You should probably play Bioshock Infinite instead of bumping ridiculously old threads.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RazielCuts

I love these time capsules in forum form, when everyone's speculating what'll be in the game and what it's about. We should do this more often for newly released and finished games, go back to the original teaser trailer threads and see what wild ideas were floating around at the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.