Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

It's over: Demons souls Platinum -Toughest Soul-

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Catolf

About how I felt when I got done.. XD

Yeah, I said it.

After much headache and hair pulling I managed to get through with the help of a person from playfire and the skill that is 'duping with Thomas'. lol It took about 50-55 hours (not bad) but the damn thing is done. That was just play time, study time that went into this could safely push my time to 70+ hours. With all the frequent browsing of the DS wiki and youtube not to mention making notes of events and where to go was insane. Much of my issue was finding the stones and the elusive colorless demons souls. Thanks to me jumping into this game again when Atlus was doing it's PWWT and BPWT events and my tendency being PWCT I had less of a headache trying to get those events done, though i was on a time limit.

I've tried to play this game at least 3 times with a few hours going on each attempt but I never had to will to sit down and beat it, but once I did, I knew I had to polish it off, the desire too great, think what you will, cause I did not do it all fairly. I did dupe stones and a few demons souls to get the spells and miracles I needed. I had a friend from Playfire come over and he let me borrow his foe's ring (i really didn't want to murder all the NPC's..XP)  and the weapons I missed.

My soul level however was not toyed with until the game was finished, not that it mattered due to the fact the last boss was kinda a joke... XP

All in all I ended up really enjoying myself and the game, which surprised me, considering how dead set against It I was until the announcement of Dark Souls, to which I figured I'd play an hour and give up, but, that didn't happen this time. That's rather amazing in itself. At least for me.

I did have my issues and I did think some points of the game were just overall dick moves, but then again, this was demons souls, I couldn't sit and think it was going to be easy. Case and point: Flamelurker.

I ended the game with: Executioner Miralda's 'armor', Kite shield The Magic Sword Makoto, Ring of Herculean Strength, Regenerator's Ring, Talisman of Beasts, Long Compound Bow with arrows of various number.

Yes I know the Makoto sword sucks your life, thus why I have the regenerators ring to counter it so it wouldn't happen as fast. I found the sword nice and fast and light enough so I could roll without flopping like an idiot after I leveled accordingly. And... that sword is bad ass. lol.

In closing, I'd like to say I had fun, I'm proud of myself to have beaten the game, even more so that I was dedicated enough to plat it with some help.

No Caption Provided
    Oh...

And I just got Dark Souls... O.O!!
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Catolf

Yeah, I said it.

After much headache and hair pulling I managed to get through with the help of a person from playfire and the skill that is 'duping with Thomas'. lol It took about 50-55 hours (not bad) but the damn thing is done. That was just play time, study time that went into this could safely push my time to 70+ hours. With all the frequent browsing of the DS wiki and youtube not to mention making notes of events and where to go was insane. Much of my issue was finding the stones and the elusive colorless demons souls. Thanks to me jumping into this game again when Atlus was doing it's PWWT and BPWT events and my tendency being PWCT I had less of a headache trying to get those events done, though i was on a time limit.

I've tried to play this game at least 3 times with a few hours going on each attempt but I never had to will to sit down and beat it, but once I did, I knew I had to polish it off, the desire too great, think what you will, cause I did not do it all fairly. I did dupe stones and a few demons souls to get the spells and miracles I needed. I had a friend from Playfire come over and he let me borrow his foe's ring (i really didn't want to murder all the NPC's..XP)  and the weapons I missed.

My soul level however was not toyed with until the game was finished, not that it mattered due to the fact the last boss was kinda a joke... XP

All in all I ended up really enjoying myself and the game, which surprised me, considering how dead set against It I was until the announcement of Dark Souls, to which I figured I'd play an hour and give up, but, that didn't happen this time. That's rather amazing in itself. At least for me.

I did have my issues and I did think some points of the game were just overall dick moves, but then again, this was demons souls, I couldn't sit and think it was going to be easy. Case and point: Flamelurker.

I ended the game with: Executioner Miralda's 'armor', Kite shield The Magic Sword Makoto, Ring of Herculean Strength, Regenerator's Ring, Talisman of Beasts, Long Compound Bow with arrows of various number.

Yes I know the Makoto sword sucks your life, thus why I have the regenerators ring to counter it so it wouldn't happen as fast. I found the sword nice and fast and light enough so I could roll without flopping like an idiot after I leveled accordingly. And... that sword is bad ass. lol.

In closing, I'd like to say I had fun, I'm proud of myself to have beaten the game, even more so that I was dedicated enough to plat it with some help.

No Caption Provided
    Oh...

And I just got Dark Souls... O.O!!
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer

Wooo! Congrats on finishing it off finally! You should trade me all the armor, weapons, and accessories I am missing so I can get an easy platinum! =P

Go start Dark Souls right now, its so amazing! My Game of the Year even!

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Catolf
    @Xeiphyer: What are you missing? I'm pretty sure I have all the armor, but I don't know about the weapons, about 15 was traded to me and I had to give them back. I do have all the rings but the foe's ring and I have all stones.
    MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Xeiphyer said:

Wooo! Congrats on finishing it off finally! You should trade me all the armor, weapons, and accessories I am missing so I can get an easy platinum! =P  Go start Dark Souls right now, its so amazing! My Game of the Year even!

What? Are you insane? Let the girl breathe or something. Let her relax playing... I dunno, Super Mario Bros or some shit. 

Quick edit: Also, Congratulations! That's a pretty amazing achievement.
    PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PixelPrinny

Girl, you so craaaazy. But grats, nonetheless!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Catolf: Also, weren't you the girl that made a video for a Catherine trailer?
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Catolf
    @PixelPrinny: XD

@MikeGosot: Yeah, it didn't make it, but it was worth the shot lol
    MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Catolf: I was going to make a video too, but i'm Brazilian, so, i couldn't make it. I remember that i watched EVERY possible entry in that contest. I was pretty hyped for Catherine, it was actually the reason i decided to make an account in Giant Bomb. 

But on-topic, if you're going to start Dark Souls now... Try to beat the first boss the first time you encounter it. It's a pretty cool challenge with an awesome reward.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Catolf
    @MikeGosot: I'll keep that in mind, though I doubt i'll be able too lol
    OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By OroJackson

I wonder if Demon Souls a harder or easier S-rank than Dark Souls?

either way Dark Souls took me forever to s-rank

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Catolf: Yeah, it's a pretty tense battle, and since you can skip this "challenge", it's temptating to just run away. I got into the fight saying "I'm going to kill with my BARE HANDS, bitch. You're big, but i'm the Samuel L. Jackson of Dark Souls."... Ten senconds later, and i'm running for my life.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Catolf
    @OroJackson: I've been hearing that demons souls is harder than dark souls, but I won't know until I play for myself.

@MikeGosot: XD nice, unno, I could try and see what happens, the worst he can do is kill me, which isn't a big deal lol
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By mordukai

congrats man. I remember how happy, relived, amazed, and horrified i was when that little notification came up on my upper right side of screen telling me that I just unlocked the plat for Demon's Souls.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By mordukai

@Catolf said:

@OroJackson: I've been hearing that demons souls is harder than dark souls, but I won't know until I play for myself.

Hrm. I wouldn't know about how hard Dark Souls is compared ( Dark Souls game completely disappointed me so to the trade it went) but I know getting all the stones to make the weapons were a BITCH to get. Hours and hours of endless grinding the game over and over. I think by the end of it I was at Game +25 or so.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Brendan

*Salute

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Congrats! I'm currently participating in the onerous task of just staying alive long enough to catch a fleeting glimpse of a boss before getting eviscerated. I know that I should be paying earnest attention to a guide, but I can't help but feel that the arcane aura of the game is a substantial component of its allurement. But, it is mighty discouraging every time I'm pummelled by a boss or a cadre of nefarious no-good-doers. I also have no idea if I'm levelling my character in the right direction or not, but, hell if I'm going to quit!

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Catolf
    @Mordukai: thank you, first off.

And I thought getting stones in DS was a bitch in itself, especially a bladestone that was pure, or chunks of cloudstone. unno, we'll see how into it I get before I make any vow to try and plat it.

@mylifeforAiur: haha, where are you at in game?

@Brendan: Indeed. XD
    mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@Catolf: I've defeated all the 'first' bosses (Armoured Spider, Adjudicator, etc.) bar the boss in the asylum-like place. So, yeah, not very far at all.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By Timing

@OroJackson said:

I wonder if Demon Souls a harder or easier S-rank than Dark Souls?

either way Dark Souls took me forever to s-rank

To get the Platinum Trophy 'legitimately' (no duping or borrowing items) in Demon's Souls takes a lot longer than in Dark Souls. It did for me at least. You're dependant on very rare ore drops some of which you only have a few shots at per playthrough, since the crystal lizards disappear after killing them a few times. That and the elusive yet required Pure Bladestone has an incredibly low drop rate, and took me about ten hours of farming to find. As you know in Dark Souls, the only weapon drops you require for the Trophy can not only be farmed as many times as you want, but also have a much greater chance of dropping altogether (especially since Patch 1.05). Also, Demon's Souls requires you to play through the game at least three-and-a-half times, since a certain soul that can only be obtained and used once per playthrough has 4 different uses, all of which are necessary to get all the Trophies. Sif's soul in Dark Souls is similar, but has only 3 uses and thus requires only two-and-a-half playthroughs. Oh, and Dark Souls doesn't require you to tamper with Tendencies either.

Also, why the heck is there a Giant Bomb page for every ring in Demon's Souls?

Oh and congrats to the OP of course.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By OroJackson

@Timing: Yea, at least in Dark Souls the slabs can be found once per play through at a static place, but to be fair farming some of the weapons needed for Knights Honor took me several hours...

But I wish I had a PS3, I would totally love to play Demon's Souls

TYUI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TYUI

Very late to comment on this, but I wasn't expecting you to aim for the platinum trophy on this game after all.

Kudos to you and best of luck trying the same with Dark Souls! ^^

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Catolf
    @Sinclose said:

Very late to comment on this, but I wasn't expecting you to aim for the platinum trophy on this game after all.

Kudos to you and best of luck trying the same with Dark Souls! ^^

haha.. I wasn't expecting to go for it either, but once I started i couldn't stop. I might wait a bit longer to try Dark souls until the Wiki is all finished and a few guides hit the nett hat aren't missing pieces.. no way I'm going in blind XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.