Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Are you importing your save?

• 91 results
    RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RoxasXIII

Now I'm absolutely sure that this is already a topic but I just finished Origins today so that I can play Dragon Age 2. Even though it seems I screwed the dwarves over it will still be cool to see my decisions have repercussions in this game. Also, I know it's weird but I kinda wish I had my character died.. It would have seemed way more heroic.. 

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By jorbear

I will. I mean, why wouldn't you?

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sumbog

Ummm I'm not sure I can because I plan on getting DA2 on steam, while I bought the first one at retail.... damn that cloth map.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Indeed I shall. Got two Origins+Awakening+Golems+Witch Hunt overall saves I can import, as well as another couple I just stuck with through Origins only.

RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RoxasXIII
    @jorbear: Believe me I feel the same, but Bioware said that you can just start a new game for a "fresh start" in case you left things the way you didn't really want to.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By endaround
    @Sumbog: I doubt that will matter.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By kingzetta
    @jorbear said:
    " I will. I mean, why wouldn't you? "
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Chris2KLee

I'm working on a "perfect" save file now. Almost finished Awakenings, then it's just a quick run through Golems and Witch DLC and I'm ready for DA2! I did not like how my first play through went, but I might boot  it up later just to see the outcome DA2.

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Hashbrowns

No, but only because it isn't feasible.  I'm still playing through DA:O on my PC, but I've already pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 for the X360. 

Come to think of it, since I already have an EA account, why couldn't they use an end-game state from my PC to that account and then use that world-state data to import into the console sequel?  If it's just a list of decisions, it can't be all that difficult, right?
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By CenturionCajun

Why can't most developers seem to follow through with promises of cross platform play between consoles and PC? For some reason it must be incredibly difficult. 

Personally I'll be importing my save and I see no real reason not to if you have one.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Skald

I certainly will. Now it's just a question of completing Witch Hunt and Golems. 

I also want to try making an Orlesian Warden in Awakening to see what will happen.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Cornman89

Yep. Working on a human mage right now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee
    @Cornman89 said:
    " Yep. Working on a human mage right now. "
    I've read that the 'Human Mage origin' Warden is actually related to Hawke, as like a cousin or something, so could definitely make for the most interesting Origin story to import.
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By SlightConfuse

yes i do i want to see the world ands character (especially Anders) 

to those that played golems how important is it to the story 

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bravetoaster
    @jorbear said:
    " I will. I mean, why wouldn't you? "
    Word
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince

I lost my save when my system died. I have to play through it all over again. So maybe?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ryanwho

Uninstalled ages ago. Not sure if I kept the save around. The directory was still there after the uninstall. But damn, this game is gonna be easy enough without me bringing over loot and shit. Not for nothing, I kinda feel like your choices in the first game will amount to an NPC dwarf in a bar mentioning *insert leader you supported* and that's about it. I'd love to be wrong about that. I'd love for a quest to stop a crazed Golem army to appear based on me not destroying the forge. I just don't see that happening though. And I kind of feel like an early game conversation would allow me to emulate my save choices anyhow.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yummylee
    @slightconfuse said:

" yes i do i want to see the world ands character (especially Anders)  to those that played golems how important is it to the story  "

It's not related to anything to do with Origins, minus the setting in the Deep Roads (and as if we haven't already spent enough time in there??). It's a really terrible piece of DLC anyway, with a dull story, forgettable party members and your character barely ever gets to speak. It is difficult, as they pegged to be, but it's mostly from being cheap; such as areas were you'll literally enter a room with around 6 golems, all hurling boulders at you non-stop. The end boss takes forever too. 

If you haven't already bought it, you should just leave it be. 
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aetheldod

Yes I will , but my character died on the fight vs the archdemon , so how would I be able to import my character + the Orlesian Warden from awakenings?  Or that doesnt work? :(

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yummylee
    @Aetheldod said:
    " Yes I will , but my character died on the fight vs the archdemon , so how would I be able to import my character + the Orlesian Warden from awakenings?  Or that doesnt work? :( "
    You don't import characters, just the decisions he/she made throughout the story. So doesn't matter what the outcome of your character was at the end.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ryanwho
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @slightconfuse said:

" yes i do i want to see the world ands character (especially Anders)  to those that played golems how important is it to the story  "

It's not related to anything to do with Origins, minus the setting in the Deep Roads. It's a really terrible piece of DLC anyway, with a dull story, forgettable party members and your character barely ever gets to speak. It is difficult, as they pegged to be, but it's mostly from being cheap; such as areas were you'll literally enter a room with around 6 golems, all hurling boulders at you non-stop. The end boss takes forever too.  If you haven't already bought it, you should just leave it be.  "
    I thought the idea was interesting. Self aware darkspawn. And their first inclination with self awareness is to wage war on each other. They could do a lot with that. That is kind of more interesting, in theory, than the main game's story. But man, the execution. It needed work. And so many bugs. And zero character development, other than the undead dude sorta.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yummylee
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @slightconfuse said:

It's not related to anything to do with Origins, minus the setting in the Deep Roads. It's a really terrible piece of DLC anyway, with a dull story, forgettable party members and your character barely ever gets to speak. It is difficult, as they pegged to be, but it's mostly from being cheap; such as areas were you'll literally enter a room with around 6 golems, all hurling boulders at you non-stop. The end boss takes forever too.  If you haven't already bought it, you should just leave it be.  "
    I thought the idea was interesting. Self aware darkspawn. And their first inclination with self awareness is to wage war on each other. They could do a lot with that. That is kind of more interesting, in theory, than the main game's story. But man, the execution. It needed work. And so many bugs. And zero character development, other than the undead dude sorta. "
    You're talking about Awakening aren't you? My lil rant was towards the Golems of Amgarrak DLC :P 

I do agree with your sentiments concerning Awakening, though.
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlightConfuse
    @Abyssfull: cool im happy with orgins, awakenings, witch hunt   

@Aetheldod:
     you are not importing character but the world itself so decison like who is king/queen, anvil destroyed, etc is whah matters
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aetheldod
    @slightconfuse:  What I meant was the decisions , not the character , I like they way she went :) also loved how the story with my sweet Leliana ended ..... just hope we can hear the song she makes ... that would be awesome. But as far as you know you cant import 2 different decisions sets? Oh well I guess I can live without what the Orlesian Warden does :|
    RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RoxasXIII
    @ryanwho: I actually destroyed the anvil and it still ended up causing some kind of crazy stuff with the dwarves in my epilogue haha.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee
    @RoxasXIII said:
    " @ryanwho: I actually destroyed the anvil and it still ended up causing some kind of crazy stuff with the dwarves in my epilogue haha. "
    I got that epilogue for one of my characters. Something about them trying to salvage the wreckage, building a single golem, to which then murders everyone?
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Enigma777
    @Aetheldod said:
    " Yes I will , but my character died on the fight vs the archdemon , so how would I be able to import my character + the Orlesian Warden from awakenings?  Or that doesnt work? :( "
    Sadly it doesn't. Apparently you had to import your character into Awakening even if he was dead and they would have fixed it in when you imported it in DA2 so it would have shown that your character was dead and all the decisions you made with him were done by the Orlesian Warden instead. Or at least that's what someone at the Bioware forums said....
    Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Dustpan
    @Enigma777 said:
    " @Aetheldod said:
    Sadly it doesn't. Apparently you had to import your character into Awakening even if he was dead and they would have fixed it in when you imported it in DA2 so it would have shown that your character was dead and all the decisions you made with him were done by the Orlesian Warden instead. Or at least that's what someone at the Bioware forums said.... "
    That was Mike Laidlaw if I remember correctly.
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By fugie7

Yeah i would, I would want to see how choices that i made in the first game effect the second game story wise.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By RobotHamster

If you can download your data off your ea account then yes because I'm probably playing it on a different system.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DrPockets000

I unfortunately never had the time to finish DA:O.  Sad day.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

They Mass Effect-ed Dragon Age 2...

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By koolaid

I didn't even know I could import it.  

At this point... it looks like a totally different world anyways... so what's it matter?   *emo tear*

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#34  Edited By Dimsey

Nay. Played the first game on the PC and will be switching to 360 this time around. Not terribly fussed.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Clonedzero

i would, but i have the 360 version of DA:O and i'm getting DA2 on steam. so unless they do a steam sale where i can get DA:O for like 5 bucks ill just have to use the default stuff.
    i did the same thing for mass effect and mass effect 2. ME1 on 360 and ME2 on PC.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Dingofighter

I'll be importing my first DA:O save on PC. I don't remember many of the choices I made in that playthrough, though, since it was quite a while ago, so it will be nice to see what I did.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By c1337us

I've completely gone off the game. I doubt I'm going to buy it anymore.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nottle

Last night I just finished Origins with my dwarf and can not be happier with the decisions i've made in the game. When i was saying congrats and godbye to my party (i did the ritual) I actually felt a little sad and the epilouge text made me really think about what happened. My guy may never actually get to hang out with Allistair again since we don't know what happens in Dragon Age 2. If any of these party members are in DA 2 they better mention my guy. I wanted to find Morrigan too. It'd be nice to know how that turned ou but thats why theres witch hunt. I love this game.

RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RoxasXIII
    @Abyssfull: Yeah they build a golem using a soul from the fade instead of a dwarven soul and it goes on a rampage. Not to mention Harrowmont died shortly after I elected him. Needless to say my dwarves were kinda screwed haha 

@Nottle: Dude I just finished last night and I feel the exact same way. I made my guy go off with the Wardens instead of serving Alistair which kinda sucked cause I imagined them still being good friends after the battle. But since I was a city elf I'm glad I had Alistair take the elves out of poverty and give them a government official. I hope stuff like that carries on in DA2
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By melcene

I definitely will be importing my world.  I've been really curious how the decisions about the Father/Mother in Awakening will play out.  That's the one decision that I made that I'm really not sure about.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Yep, interesting to see how much your DAO choices really affect the storyline.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#42  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I will, even though I know that, in the end, my choices are going to get the Mass Effect 2 treatment of some name dropping or maybe a cameo appearance. "Hey, I hear Queen Anora/King Alistair in Ferelden is doing a great/horrible job fixing everything over there."

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#43  Edited By AndrewB

Kind of like in Mass Effect 2, it feels like you have to go out of your way to get your character to end up dead by the end of the game (had to ditch Morrigan and beg Loghain to let me take the last blow). 

I'll be importing not one, not two, but three different saves, assuming the second game draws me in enough to want to play through multiple times (and I'm sure it will). Though I also have a feeling not many of those choices will have much or any impact on stuff in DA2. I'd love to be surprised, though. 

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sameeeeam

I lost all my progress in Origins a while back so no, probably not.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Marz

I really don't remember my dragon age playthrough much,   I just know Morrigan had my love child and i want her back!

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By valrog

Of course. I'm very interested in the minor changes that it will make.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#47  Edited By KillyDarko

Well, sure. I mean, I have the save on my PC, so why wouldn't I?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm really excited to import my Dalish Elf story since Hawke gets to meet my Warden's Clan. I'm sure it will be only a sentence or two about my character but its sill cool.

RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RoxasXIII

You know, maybe I should've changed the topic to "what would you like to see from your Origins save in DA2?" I think that's what I was going for but ending up coming out the complete wrong way haha. Cause it's pretty obvious that people would want to import their save, so I don't know why I asked that...

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Nottle
    @RoxasXIII: I want to see my Warden hanging out with either Alistair or Morrigan like i promised them. I want to see someone be like hey Ozzamar is a pretty cool place thanks to king Brehlin. Those are the two big thing i can think of. If Dragon Age 2 has a part where it's like "oh hey King Alistair needs your help, you can fight beside him," the game that will be worth it. Or if it let's you do something for Morrigan and my Warden is just chilling in the Background that would be great... and kinda like GTA San Adreas... thats weird. "I have to race that mute fucka?" 
    I'm holding out for returning party members being in my party again, I feel like thats impossible though since the only characters your required to get to finish the game with are Morrigan and Alistair, right? Anders is cool but i have not played Awakening. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.