Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

What happened to this game?

• 125 results
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By CL60

Anybody who says the writing in Origins, is better than the writing in DA2, and the writing in DA2 is bad is just simply wrong. Also anybody who says DA2 has no character development is wrong again. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @CL60 said:
    " Anybody who says the writing in Origins, is better than the writing in DA2, and the writing in DA2 is bad is just simply wrong. Also anybody who says DA2 has no character development is wrong again.  "
    Anybody who makes blanket statements about anybody and anything is simply simple.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's a great game, that's what happened. Reused environments is the only thing that you got right, and that's not even a big issue.  

Play the game and enjoy, otherwise STFU and GTFO.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CL60
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Anybody who says the writing in Origins, is better than the writing in DA2, and the writing in DA2 is bad is just simply wrong. Also anybody who says DA2 has no character development is wrong again.  "
    Anybody who makes blanket statements about anybody and anything is simply simple. "
    Okay? The fact remains that anybody who says the writing in DA2 is bad, is wrong.
    Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#105  Edited By Metric_Outlaw
    @Gap said:
    • Red-neck Americans complaining about British accents and then saying how it was payback by the Brits for the war of independence 

Lol what?
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By IBurningStar
    @CL60 said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @CL60 said:
    Anybody who makes blanket statements about anybody and anything is simply simple. "
    Okay? The fact remains that anybody who says the writing in DA2 is bad, is wrong. "
    This man has a point. No matter how you feel about it, I don't think you can honestly say that Bioware's writing in any of there games has been bad. Same goes for the voice acting. Do you want to hear some bad writing delivered by some bad voice acting? Here ya' go.

http://audioatrocities.com/games/castleshikigami2/index.html

I think clip number 9 may be my personal favorite, but 22 is a close second.
    Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Mike76x
    The talkative man in the Hanged Man says the world is simpler now.
    The truth is out there
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#108  Edited By Vinny_Says

60 hours in I'm still having a blast....when nerds are affected by change they rage for some reason I guess?

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@CL60 said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @CL60 said:
    Okay? The fact remains that anybody who says the writing in DA2 is bad, is wrong. "
    Look, I like DA2 and Bioware games in general just fine. But I think the writing in their games ranges from good to goddamn cringeworthy.

You may not agree with me, and that's fine.

Saying that someone who doesn't share your opinion on an entirely subjective matter is wrong is such a childish thing to do.
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I started with a rogue and hated it.  Waited a week and came back with a mage and enjoying it.  I'm annoyed with the limited land and really can't understand why they would do that.  I play on the Xbox 360 so I've not seen any visual errors like in that picture.

I honestly think people who are QQing either need to STFU and play the damn game or just piss off and go play something else.

xXwindoverXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By xXwindoverXx

User score... 

Welcome to /v/

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By Kazona

I really don't understand how some can say that the combat has been dumbed down when, far as I can tell, its mechanics are even deeper than before thanks to cross-class combos. I do agree that on normal, the game is easier than DA:O was, but once you up the difficulty, it's easy to see that the game's combat system still has a lot of depth to it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By CL60
    @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @CL60 said:
    Look, I like DA2 and Bioware games in general just fine. But I think the writing in their games ranges from good to goddamn cringeworthy.   You may not agree with me, and that's fine. Saying that someone who doesn't share your opinion on an entirely subjective matter is wrong is such a childish thing to do. "
    That's not an opinion..you may not like the story, but the writing is FAR from bad.
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:
    " @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @CL60 said:
    Look, I like DA2 and Bioware games in general just fine. But I think the writing in their games ranges from good to goddamn cringeworthy.   You may not agree with me, and that's fine. Saying that someone who doesn't share your opinion on an entirely subjective matter is wrong is such a childish thing to do. "
    That's not an opinion..you may not like the story, but the writing is FAR from bad. "
    Of course it's an opinion. Stating your opinion as fact and calling others wrong just makes you look like an asshole.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By CL60
    @TheSeductiveMoose said:

" @CL60 said:

" @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @CL60 said:
    That's not an opinion..you may not like the story, but the writing is FAR from bad. "
    Of course it's an opinion. Stating your opinion as fact and calling others wrong just makes you look like an asshole. "
    No it really isn't an opinion. The writing being bad is not an opinion. It's false. An opinion would be saying you did not like the story. Not the writing sucks, because it doesn't. 

There are classic books that I don't like, but I'm not going to say the writing sucks when it doesn't.
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60:  An opinion could also be: "I thought the writing was bad"
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117  Edited By Animasta
    @CL60:  do you have to fucking qualify everything? does everyone have to say "the writing was bad, IN MY OPINION?" or is that false too.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Agent47
    @DelroyLindo: Your avatar is almost as funny as your comment.Which is to say too true.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Agent47
    @Bennyishere: Yeah it would be cool if people realized that and stop being so butt hurt, but does it really matter?I mean yeah DAII turned out to be a mixed bag of opinions but hey look on the bright side Skyrim is on the horizon then everybody will forget about DA again.....
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @onimonkii said:

" what happened is dragon age origins seemed to be a special case, a throwback, a "love letter" to fans, and then for 2 it seems they made it just like the rest of their (awesome) games and everyone goes batshit it's not just origins again. "

Except it's kind of insulting to say that the genre is only worth a fucking throwback. And the original did pretty well for them. If it was just supposed to be a special case, there should not have been a sequel. Because they made a sequel, they should have ACTUALLY made a sequel. Improve upon and advance the formula, but don't mess it up for the people who made a sequel possible by purchasing the original. Granted, they didn't take it as far with DA2 as they did with "Mass Effect" 2, but come on. Sequels are good, they are how you find the sweet spot of a formula. It isn't a road to generic carbon copy, it's a way to improve upon the flaws of the original. You can still change the formula without removing the feeling of the game. The original game maybe was a bit too slow, but as they tend to lately, when Bioware sees a flaw, they swing the wheel to the absolute opposite. The fucking Rogue in DA2 attacks faster than you do most of the time in Ninja Gaiden. It can be a fucking fantastic game, but the purpose of a sequel is to extend the experience of the original, unless it's a reboot, and then it isn't really a sequel, even if it is a sequel in terms of continuity. 
    @Gap:
     And fuck you for that little masculinity bit. Gay =/= fem. If you have an issue with the characters not being manly enough for you, say that. If you think that just because everyone swings both ways, they aren't masculine enough to be a warrior, I'd love to introduce you to a couple soldiers I know :D 
    But hey, I bet all that lesbian shit is cool, amiright? Yeah, I know you probably meant well, and you weren't trying to be insulting, but you might want to think about what your saying when it come to things like that. People might get a little pissed off at you. 

And how is that derp model not a glitch? God I hope it is lol. I couldn't sleep at night if I knew that someone with the manpower of bioware would let a monster like that exist in ANY world.
    01wilsonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By 01wilsonj

I regret buying this game and if giant bomb had bothered to review it like every one else i wouldnt have bought it new and picked it up second hand in a year or so. I loved Origins and i rember completing it and thinking "i just want to do that all over again" i have no desire to play thought DA 2 again, Its just Boring. I think its completly reasonable to not buy a game based on negative feed back from other users, thats basically what game reviews are.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122  Edited By Rohok

It's okay.

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By MrWakka

EA happened, consoles happened, the DA:O lead quit...  

That covers most of it I think.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Getz
    @DelroyLindo said:
    " I never played the first one, but i get the impression this is all just a bunch of fat nerds over-reacting "
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ryanwho
    @Getz said:

" @DelroyLindo said:

" I never played the first one, but i get the impression this is all just a bunch of fat nerds over-reacting "
    "
    Its good to see that having no point of reference to actually enter the conversation doesn't stop your verbal diarrhea, person I'll assume is an anemic virgin with a cum blanket; using the same deductive reasoning you have to determine the weight of people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about.
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Getz
    @ryanwho said: 

@Getz said: 

@DelroyLindo said: 

"
    Its good to see that having no point of reference to actually enter the conversation doesn't stop your verbal diarrhea, person I'll assume is an anemic virgin with a cum blanket; using the same deductive reasoning you have to determine the weight of people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about. "
    Why so angry? Maybe I should have been more clear in my quoting, because I DID play the first game as well as the second. The part I wanted to throw in with was the "fat nerds over-reacting" bit. Huh, that sort of describes what you just wrote doesn't it? An over-reaction, brought on by a total lack of a substantive life; a life filled instead with obsessing over video games and the opinions of others on the internet.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.