Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2016

Concept »

The twenty-second annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 14-16, 2016 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

The Official BETHESDA Thread

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Congrats to @gundogan on winning this year's Bethesda banner! mjhwwbg's classy animated logo took 2nd place while mrplatitude's "demonic invasion" took a very close 3rd.

The Official E3 2016 Bethesda Press Conference Discussion

Well, are you?
    Well, are you?

It's officially E3 time, duders! If you haven't experienced the insanity of E3 before, the show starts off with press conferences from each of the three console makers as well as a few of the largest publishers in the industry. These presentations are prime real estate for game announcements, debut trailers, live gameplay demonstrations, and meme origins.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Bethesda press conference. Only discussion of the Bethesda press conference is allowed. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted). And don't even think about going off-topic or derailing the thread with your thoughts on who will win the next Mario Party Party.

Specific Announcements

Emily's here and she ain't happy.
    Emily's here and she ain't happy.

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2016 and You! thread.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a jerk. If you need a refresher on how to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

Sunday, June 12 @ 7:00 PM PDT - Dolby Theatre (Local Time)

If you know of any others, let me know!

Buttbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Buttbear

I, for one, am fucking stoked for anything Bethesda rocks this E3. Quake? Disohnored 2? A less-shitty Evil Within? Skyrim 6? More Fallout 4 DLC? Doom DLC?

Fuck. Yeah. Got me going far more than the EA chuff, that's for sure!

beanswater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's to hoping they tease a Skyrim upgrade / remake then pull the rug out from under it and Surprise, it's TES VI: Black Marsh (Or Hammerfell or HighRock etc.).

Doom DLC seems a given but I'm not so sure about quake. I've been replaying that off and on for a while and I'm just not sure what the "core" of it would be. How do you take a sloppy mess of conflicting levels and next to no story and modernize it? Unless they would pick up after Q2 / Q4 and make it a Stroggos thing. Never played Q4 so I'm not even sure where that story ended up.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why is this starting so late on a Sunday?

scottp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wish they would do an Oblivion upres, that would be amazing. Some of the best missions in any ES game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@beanswater: It's way too soon for a new big open-world Bethesda game, or at least one in the Fallout/ES universes. I just don't see it happening. Maybe if they had a new IP in that genre to help fill the gaps between their releases, sure. But with higher powered consoles on the horizon, i doubt even that. I just don't see them making a move until the power of the new consoles is an established thing and they know what they can work with.

I think we're more likely to see a year or two of remasters and updated collections from them, along with whatever they have currently announced. I'm curious if Prey 2 is a thing or not, because I don't even know what I want that to be. The first just wasn't memorable enough for me to have specific wants out of a sequel, so I'd like to see what they've cooked up.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give me The Evil Within 2 or another Shinji Mikami project, and Dishonored 2 gameplay today Bethesda. Prey 2 looked pretty neat before it unceremoniously killed, so it would be nice to see that come back to life.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

I could really use another Fallout Tactics right about now.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they announce Doom single player DLC. I think it would be a great way to keep the buzz going for the game. I'm not as negative about the MP as I was initially, it grew on me a bit. But I think even people that dig the MP would rather have single player DLC than the MP stuff they are selling.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Let us all remember the day that The Evil Within 2 was announced and rejoice.

niflhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wet 2 or we riot.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I'm excited for Dishonored 2.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

So, Commander Keen reboot, yeah?

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea sure, make my banner relevant.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#15  Edited By BeachThunder

Let's take some guesses as to when this will come to console...

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had such bad flashbacks to the PS3 experience of Skyrim that my first thought on seeing the PS4 version was "FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME", even though Fallout 4 works fine on consoles.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the Dishonored pre order deal?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The banner was a prophecy. GB users confirmed for seers.

Outside of the Prey reboot and the Dishonored 2 gameplay, the entire conference was just boring to me. I don't have much love for TES or Fallout anymore. The Doom demo is neat as someone that is still sitting on the fence about the game. I'll give that a whirl.

Too bad about The Evil Within 2. Maybe the rumours about that being a TGS thing are also true.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The banner was a prophecy. GB users confirmed for seers.

Outside of the Prey reboot and the Dishonored 2 gameplay, the entire conference was just boring to me. I don't have much love for TES or Fallout anymore. The Doom demo is neat as someone that is still sitting on the fence about the game. I'll give that a whirl.

Too bad about The Evil Within 2. Maybe the rumours about that being a TGS thing are also true.

I'd agree with the TGS thing. The Evil Within 2 is definitely coming, but perhaps this wasn't the right venue to show it off.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I went from completely nonplussed on the Skyrim remaster to mildly please

Thanks to the dude in the chat who pointed this out

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: Oh man I totally have that

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

No The Evil Within 2 then... It will take time for my heart to heal, but in the meantime I shall drown out my sorrows with a couple of cans of pepsi max.

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By deathfromace

@brad I was talking to a Bethesda dev and she mentioned that there was a hidden game in the boot screen at the start of the conference did anyone find it?

..I was told it was an unannounced game.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Bezerker85

Pre-ordered my Dishonored 2 CE. $80 w/ prime and a free copy of D1 seemed like a no brainer.

No Caption Provided

Brad's uncomfortable face is always a highlight.

I really wish they could have had a camera on the lady who was just hamming it up with the reactions.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By monetarydread

@deathfromace said:

I was talking to a Bethesda dev and she mentioned that there was a hidden game in the boot screen at the start of the conference did anyone find it?

I read on Kotaku that the hidden game is called, "New_Collosus." It looks like it is a new Wolfenstein game?

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By deathfromace

@monetarydread said:
    @deathfromace said:

I was talking to a Bethesda dev and she mentioned that there was a hidden game in the boot screen at the start of the conference did anyone find it?

I read on Kotaku that the hidden game is called, "New_Collosus." It looks like it is a new Wolfenstein game?

Just found the video and that looks correct. I should have asked more when talking to her but doubt I would have been told anything.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

That was a rock solid conference. Very interested in a new Quake and Prey, and everything else looked good to great. Very much looking forward to a pretty Skyrim.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

disappointed at the lack of machinegames, but otherwise a pretty solid conference. there was no way there was going to be a new elder scrolls or id game so soon, so i went in to it with low expectations. the quake and prey reveals were really exciting and dishonored looks like an interesting sequel

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lost_Remnant

Managed to catch an archive of the conference due to unforeseen events and missing the Giantbomb stream and it was overall a pretty decent conference with a couple of downers for me.

It doesn't even have to be an Evil Within 2 (though I would certainly welcome it, maybe the sequel would give us a story worth a damn, my only real issue with the game), but I want to know what Shinji and co. at Tango Softworks are working on. Next to Machine Games, is high on my list of developers I really like under the Bethesda umbrella. Hopefully we hear something out of both of those studios soon.

The Fallout 4 DLC looks to be a bit of a bummer. Look, I get that a lot of people really, really lost their shit over the settlement stuff and that's totally fine. As someone who was hot on Minecraft for a year or so and then just suddenly lost that "spark" the whole build stuff thing isn't as interesting to me as it once was. So Bethesda going even heavier on that stuff in the absence of proper new story content is super underwhelming. Nuka World looks interesting and I want to see more about that but otherwise I felt Bethesda went too heavy on DLC this go around that teeters on the realm of mods. Especially now that consoles are getting access to that world, it makes it even more redundant.

Other than that, I have no real complaints. Dishonored 2 looks pretty good, and I'm interested to see more proper gameplay details on the new Quake and Prey 2. I was also impressed with the level of detail they went in on that new Skyrim remaster. I was expecting low high rezzing efforts with mod support added in, we got the mods but the game looks pretty damn nice. There is a lot of stuff I never did in Skyrim and never played any of the DLC so once it reaches an agreeable price for me I might get it again. I still have lots of stuff to do in Fallout 4 and haven't even touched Far Harbor so I'll try to get to that first.

That Dishonored 2 showing makes me want to play the first game again, I bought the Xbox One version a couple of months ago on sale, with the release of the sequel so close this summer might be the time to return.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I liked Dishonored and I was kind of hoping for an October date but that month is already crowding up. Not that November is any better.. The financial quarters in the world of gaming create completely ridiculous gaming bottlenecks followed by vast stretches of nothing. Of course you don't have to buy everything especially since there is ample free time to catch up later, but you do have to make the choice of which zeitgeist do you want to participate in.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot stop thinking about Dishonored 2.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By glots
    @bezerker285 said:

Pre-ordered my Dishonored 2 CE. $80 w/ prime and a free copy of D1 seemed like a no brainer.

I kinda recall hearing bad things about the Definitive Edition on both PS4/Xbone, at least in technical sense. Not that I really mind since I played the original on PC, but I hope they fixed it up. Well, guess it wasn't something that they can fix, since the game had 30 FPS cap. I'm no graphics snob, but having that limit on a game original released almost three years before is a real bummer.

Dishonored 2 looked very good in contrast, though! Can't recall if an FPS trailer has had that big of an impact since Half-Life 2. I'm very tempted to play through the Witches DLC now.

A bit bummed with the lack of Wolfenstein, but at least there was that New Colossus tease. Maybe that gets shown at Quakecon.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dishonored 2 reminded me that I still need to play the first one. Prey looked interesting. Weird how it went from a 'Quake' killer to a pretty standard but solid Tech4 engine game, to an open worldish bounty hunter sequel to this.... horror System Shock like reboot? I don't care about Elder Scrolls and Fallout 4, so everything about that was kinda meh to me. But Elder Scrolls Online hyped lady for best new character 2016.

AND FUCK YEA QUAKE, BRING ON THE ARENA KING! (pc only too) (and sneaky new Wolfenstein content, yay!)

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations @gundogan!

Thanks to the mods for the voting me second though. It sounds corny but it really is an honour to pick up a place at all with the crazy amount of talent in that thread.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I remember Dishonored coming out of nowhere when it was released. I never got in to it and so the Bethesda Press Conference was very 'meh' to me. (to be honest though, I can't think of anything I really want from Bethesda right at the moment - Quake is not my thing, I haven't gotten around to Doom yet but I will, Fallout 4 was a miss for me, and I really love Fallout 3 and NV, Elder Scrolls Online bleh, too soon for a new Scrolls game).

Nothing great but nothing terrible from Bethesda (again, just my tastes)

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have til November to finish Dishonoured, then.

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I really liked Dishonored 2. I know that's a real controversial opinion, but hear me out. Emily has cool abilities, Corvo could be cool too. All the elder scrolls stuff, and the Fallout 4 DLC stuff is not very compelling. I hope that more story focused stuff comes out. I have no experience with Quake, but whatever. Dishonored was the only game that I found compelling that is coming out soon, everything else didn't do it for me, but it still looked fine and something that will be cool for other people and that'll be nice for them.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Prey and only Prey looked interesting to me. Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are too broken to care about.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doom demo is welcome. I look forward to trying that out.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@bezerker285: Did you actually get the free copy yet? If so how was it given?

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Bezerker85

@fredchuckdave said:

@bezerker285: Did you actually get the free copy yet? If so how was it given?

Havent received anything yet. I'm really not sure how they plan on doing these as the only game to put out fine print regarding "free 1st game with preorder" it is South Park and even theirs doesn't actually say when you get the free game.

I'm wondering if it'll be like Fallout 4 XB1 where you had to wait til launch to get Fallout 3. The way both Bethesda & Ubisoft are describing it, it sounds like you'd get the old games before the launch of the new one.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.