Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 76

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A spin-off of the post-apocalyptic Fallout series, bringing the series' traditional role-playing shooter mechanics to an always-online multiplayer world in 22nd-century Appalachia.

"Communication Going Forward"

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sounds like Bethesda is well aware that this game didn't have the smoothest launch but at least they're trying to get people the patch notes for upcoming releases. It sounds like 21:9 support is being implemented in December (I'll be super curious as to how well they put this together) and hopefully the push-to-talk option is toggled on as the default, although I imagine it probably won't be:

We know you’re frustrated and angry at the state of things right now, whether it’s the issues you’re running into in the game, or the lack of communication about fixes, updates, or news. To be clear, this account is run by us, Bethesda Game Studios community team. Yesterday we posted to let you know that we’re still here gathering your feedback and, more importantly, working to get info from the team we can share. We didn’t want you to think the silence meant nothing was happening. We're sorry and understand this was not the right approach, and we’ll work to make a better bridge between you and the dev team at BGS.

We’re posting an article today that has further information about the upcoming updates that were mentioned a few weeks ago. In addition, we’re aiming to get you the patch notes for these updates quicker and will have them available for December 4th’s update later this week. Probably Thursday or Friday. We’d like to make these articles weekly to make sure you know what the studio is working on as it relates to issues you may be experiencing, quality of life requests you have, or new features they’re excited to share.

Please take a look at the below to see what we’re posting today on Fallout.com, and as always, let us know if you have any thoughts or feedback. This article covers high-level issues being worked on as the patch notes will go at length into what’s being fixed with each update.

December 4, 2018 – Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:

• Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
    • Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
    • Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
    • Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
    • Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.

December 11, 2018 – The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.

• PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
    • SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
    • C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
    • Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also use the Bulldozer to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!

Thank you, and please don’t stop letting us know how we can improve our communication and what else needs to be addressed in the game. Once we finalize the patch notes for the December 4 update, we’ll be sure to post them here and all patch notes and weekly updates going forward.

Avatar image for securityguruguy
    SecurityGuruGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@rorie: I'm glad they are communicating. The internet runs rampant when they don't have constant attention, and it generates bad press.

I'm having a great time with Fallout 76 despite the many annoying, but not game-breaking bugs I have encountered. These sound like good fixes and changes, I just hope the devs stick with it ala No Man's Sky and continue to work on this game because when it works it is an awesome time!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

These seems like no-brainer stuff that could have been implemented with a real beta rather than a demo before shoving this thing out the door in time for the holidays. Good grief, what a massive rake to the forehead this whole game has been. Good on them for fixing stuff, I guess?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Seems like they should have communicated what state the game was shipping in before the first rush of people went out and paid $60 for it, not after. Glad they’re listening and all but there should be some minimum of quality that they ship their games in and 76 marks an all time low even for Bethesda.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pweidman

Well at least they are showing some sense of urgency if the post is to be trusted. This game needs so much fixing, let alone the very unstable servers. At its core the concept is solid and the game is fun when it works, but holy cow did it launch in a very messy state. I hope they're serious and committed because there is so much work to do. In the meantime a pretty well known law firm has been hired to investigate Bethesda Games because of the state this game launched in on pc, and the fact that many people were denied refunds. Saw a link in Cohh's stream, maybe Rorie can track that down.

EDIT: Found it again:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-under-investigation-over-fallout-76-refun/1100-6463528/

I think this whole debacle just might cause Bethesda to rethink their policies and habits in both developing and releasing games that aren't ready. It makes for some terrible PR and it's proving quite bad for business as well. I don't think they can get away with it any more.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

• Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.

Two HOURS? LOL, what were they thinking with that?

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

wait hang on the PC version didn't have push to talk?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This has to be a mis-type by Bethesda PR, right? Right?! Like, it couldn't actually have been the case that this status effect maintained for two entire hours, right? Someone tell me this wasn't the case.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic said:

This has to be a mis-type by Bethesda PR, right? Right?! Like, it couldn't actually have been the case that this status effect maintained for two entire hours, right? Someone tell me this wasn't the case.

It was ridiculously long, but I would assume that as with many things in this game it wasn't intended design.

sod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sod

If you have trouble waiting on the stash limit increase, you can currently spam-equip a piece of armor modified to be 'pocketed' (grant carry weight) and it will lower your carry weight as you go and once it goes negative the encumbrance status is no longer in effect. It lasts until you log out. I've definitely used it a couple of times where I didn't just want to go everywhere in my damn excavator armor for the extra 100 carry capacity or wanted to drop goods off in front of the vault for newbies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.