Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Moments that made you feel awesome (assume spoilers)

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I love games like this because there are those moments where you figure something out on your own and you just feel like a badass, even those your sitting on your couch playing a video game. I want to hear some of those moments from you guys. My first one was when I figured out the controller vibration puzzle in the sewer. I felt so boss when I completed it. (and yeah I realize that's one of the easy ones but I still felt awesome)

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By egg

I always enjoy overcoming a flaw in a game.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zidane_24

@JeanLuc: Was that one of the tuning-fork looking things? Because yeah, I felt like a boss when I figured out that one as well. I was holding my controller close to my face, staring at the screen, wondering what I was looking at. Then, I realized the vibrations were making different sounds. Didn't take long after that, but felt damn good.

The best one for me was figuring out that I was looking at a pangram and puzzling out the whole written language.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Zidane_24: Yes it was the tuning-fork thing.

pochunki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pochunki

I have to agree that the best moment so far was probably figuring out the language and the order in which it's written, specifically when I saw the two "the"s in the sentence lining up.

Although, it was also pretty great doing a New Game+ and translating the speech that the hypercube gives you at the beginning. If you haven't done that yet, you should, it's really amusing.

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By washablemarkers

The moment when I stood on one of the white obelisks, looked down and there was the code. That was when I realized that I could probably finish the game (I'm two cubes away, and they're both on the clock).

Finding and talking to all of the owls.

The "first" anti-cube puzzle where you have to have the Tetris pieces matching on all sides - I actually solved that using Chex Mix.

Finally, "I'm trapped in a Fez factory, please send help!"

Lustreplush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Lustreplush

@washablemarkers said:

"I'm trapped in a Fez factory, please send help!"

For me, that was near the beginning of my deciphering phase, after I'd figured out the code. When I was transcribing that particular plinth, I started on the "Please send help" side. As I wrote out the words, I got more and more unsettled: "Please send help - I'm trapped..."

Then I got the next words: "Please send help - I'm trapped IN A FEZ..."

I was completely freaking out - Is wearing the fez a prelude to Gomez's doom? Was it the fez talking to me through this pillar? Is this actually a multi-player game now and someone's leaving messages in their blood stains like Demon's Souls? IS THIS GAME HAUNTED?

"Please send help - I'm trapped in a fez factory."

I laughed SO. HARD.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bravestar

I felt so awesome, when I figured out that the platforms in a room were actually instructions for controller inputs.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By efman

Beware, some SPOILERS (just in case.) There is so much I've missed out on in this game. Where is the "trapped in the factory" part you guys are talking about? I've seen the fox and the dog and at first I thought there would be actual letter displayed on the pillars for a brief moment, but that wasn't the case. I took this to mean that I would have to overlay that one sentence in such a way that lines up with the amount of codified letters each word corresponds to. So I assume there are no actual letters in this game, literally spelling out the code, right? What if there are people who aren't familiar with the phrase "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" ? Is the internet their only source of information in getting to the bottom of unveiling the alphabet?

victorviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By victorviper

My brother and I came up with METATRON as the security answer. We looked at all the possible letters in the puzzle and presumed the second half of the hint was the word "TRON" (half of what made it, being "POLYTRON," and "POLY" couldn't be spelled.) Judging by the letters on the remaining cubes, I assumed there would be at least one A and one E. My brother came up with all the possible vowel arrangements and we put our Boggle skills to work and started seeing what words we could spell with the two remaining cubes. I came upon the word "META" and it made too much sense for it not to be the answer (something being the thing that it is, the very definition of meta.)

Unfortunately, we were stumped on how to actually arrange the letters. Found the solution online. That was silly.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@efman said:

Beware, some SPOILERS (just in case.) There is so much I've missed out on in this game. Where is the "trapped in the factory" part you guys are talking about? I've seen the fox and the dog and at first I thought there would be actual letter displayed on the pillars for a brief moment, but that wasn't the case. I took this to mean that I would have to overlay that one sentence in such a way that lines up with the amount of codified letters each word corresponds to. So I assume there are no actual letters in this game, literally spelling out the code, right? What if there are people who aren't familiar with the phrase "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" ? Is the internet their only source of information in getting to the bottom of unveiling the alphabet?

I was unfamiliar with the phrase so I was stuck with the alphabet and ended up looking online. At first I felt really bad about it because up to that point I'd figured everything out without the internet's help. I stopped feeling bad when I learned the answer though because there was no way I'd have every figured that out on my own.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By efman

@JeanLuc: That is exactly what adds to the mystery of this game. It's just beyond me that a game like this integrates a pangram that is a vernacular, of sorts, to the English language and couldn't give a damn about people who aren't familiar with the phrase -- I certainly wasn't until now. So, along those terms, this is a game I'm just mentally perplexed by and one that I've learned a few things from as I've trudged along, every now and then, taking to the community, who've done an outstanding job of laying out all the pieces of this whole into written form.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By efman

@pochunki: I received a notification saying that you had replied in this thread, but your message hasn't appeared on here? I was wondering if you had hidden anything under your spoilers tag, because, when clicking on it, nothing is shown?

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mnzy

The owls. I guess because I found all the clues and all the levels all by myself and it worked. And those owls were pretty dope.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By onan

@mnzy said:

The owls. I guess because I found all the clues and all the levels all by myself and it worked. And those owls were pretty dope.

Not really something I figured out, but in one of the lightning flashing areas, there's a little shadow dude hanging out on a ledge, and he says something like "Don't trust the owls" or something. Freaky.

One of my first translations was in the cemetery, with a tombstone reading "Dots to dots." Fucking adorable.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By kerse

I was watching the blinking red stars in the telescope for like 3 mins trying to get the pattern down instead of trying to write it down, it turned day again and I just started hitting the triggers randomly (or so I thought) cause I was frustrated and got it after 10 button presses or so. All those years of band in school didn't go to waste I guess.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Romination

I felt awesome figuring out how to break up the patterns on the monolith, then I felt even more awesome to immediately remember and go to the room where it tells you which button does which input. That just put a billion pieces in place, especially since I solved it without help.

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By flufflogic

Figuring out the input code for myself, and then realising the "matrix obelisk" was the cipher by which you're supposed to solve it, felt weirdly great. Like, I should have solved this through the clue, and instead I just... solved it.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Lokno

I solved the substitution cipher on my own. The great moment was when I realized the spaces only made sense when you rotated 90 degrees CC, and I immediately translated the Rosetta. Only thing that spoiled it is that I was not immediately rewarded for the discovery outside of a lot of flavor text. It's interesting there's an achievement for cracking out the standing stone code but you get a shrug for solving the real mysteries. More disappointingly, I solved the standing stones without finding the stone that directly demonstrates the mapping, so once I did find that key I realized it was an easier puzzle than I thought it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.