Fighter Destiny 2 (known in Japan as Kakutou Denshou: F-Cup Maniax, loosely translated to "Fighting Tradition: F-Cup Maniax") is a 3D fighting game developed by Genki (in conjunction with Opus) and published by SouthPeak (Imagineer in Japan) for the Nintendo 64 on August 27, 1999 (in Japan) and July 14, 2000 (in the U.S.).
Along with enhanced graphics and audio, this sequel to Fighters Destiny replaces most of its roster with a new cast of fighters while adding a new single-player game mode (inspired by board games).
The unique scoring system from Fighters Destiny returns, replacing the traditional round-based system (in which players gain one victory point for either depleting the opponent's life bar or having the most health when the timer depletes) with a unique scoring system in which players must score a total number of points (seven by default) by doing the following:
- JUDGE (1 pt.) - Dealing the most damage when the time counter reaches the limit (defaulted to thirty seconds).
- THROW DOWN (2 pts.) - Successfully knocking down the opponent (or knocking them off the arena) with a throw.
- KNOCK DOWN (3 pts.) - Successfully knocking down the opponent with a unique knockdown attack.
- COUNTER (3 pts.) - Successfully knocking down the opponent with a unique counter-attack (knockdown attacks that can be used to parry non-throw attack).
- SPECIAL (4 pts.) - Successfully knocking down the opponent with a unique Special Attack (knockdown attacks that can only be used while the opponent is dizzied).
When any of the above qualifiers are met, the game resets both fighters back to the middle of the stage and resets the timer back to zero.
- Adriana (Brazilian flamenco dancer)
- Federico (Italian scientist)
- D-Dog (American street fighter)
- Kate (British fashion model)
- Zeige (German professional wrestler)
- Dixon (British punk rocker)
- Fabien (French prince, and the final opponent of Vs. Com mode, unlocked by completing that mode)
- Mou (Hong Kong fighting cow and opponent of Rodeo Record Attack mode, unlocked by beating Vs. Com with Adriana and then lasting one minute in Rodeo Record Attack)
- Samurai (Japanese robotic samurai and opponent of Training mode, unlocked by beating Vs. Com with Ninja and then completing Fastest Record Attack in under one minute)
- Cherry (American crossdressing fighter and opponent of Fighter's Arena mode, unlocked by beating Vs. Com with Pierre and then defeating all 100 opponents in Survival Record Attack)
- Saeki (Japanese karate master, known as Ryuji in the previous game)
- Abdul (Mongolian fighter)
- Ninja (Japanese ninja)
- Pierre (French clown)
- Meiling (Chinese kung fu expert)
- Master (Japanese fighting master and opponent of Fighter's Arena mode, unlocked by beating Vs. Com with Sakei and then playing through Fighter's Arena with at least an A for all grades)