Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Feb 04, 2022

Dying Light 2 takes place fifteen years after the first game.

Dying Light 2 delayed until...?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dying Light 2 only ever had "spring 2020" set as it's launch window, but now that's been changed to, well, unknown date.

Shame with how impressed some folks like Brad and Vinny seemed to be with it. Guess that impressiveness comes with a cost, so let's hope they can work it into a good shape. I wasn't the biggest fan of Dying Light, but still enjoyed some of it's elements and would like to see them improved in a sequel.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm really looking forward to this, but I guess I've got a bit more time to go back and play The Following.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we believe even a quarter of their claims, there is going to be a LOT of game in this. Even if all paths converge within a "chapter" or so of each other you still need, bare minimum:

1. Pre-decision city sector
    2. Flooded city sector
    3. Hydrated city sector run by bad people?
    4. Quests to go with 2 and 3

Assuming even two or three major decision points and I could easily see how they could do an amazing vertical slice for E3 last year and still have no meaningful release date less than a year later.

That being said: I assume this is more to do with next gen consoles and selling Sony/MS the rights to announce it later this year.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I was actually looking forward to this one. Then again I wasn't even aware of the initial release date but as long as it will be better for it then sure? Another game pushed back, 2020 already has a theme going for it.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm really looking forward to this, but I guess I've got a bit more time to go back and play The Following.

It's really good! By that point in the game you're basically a god, so it's fun to drive around and kill stuff. Man I should go back and play DL again.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

There's no point in even paying attention to release dates anymore

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

I haven't been on the internet in a few days, but the first Dying Light is a game I just went back to because I decided to check into the last footage of Dying Light 2 from E3. It got me excited about two and now it's one of the main games I'm playing, so this bums me out. Hopefully, it means summer 2020, ha ha. I wonder if the developers of some of these games are pushing the release date out due to next-gen? Lastly, I was thinking about making a thread asking what everyone's top five zombie games of this generation were; Dying Light would be my number two.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone taking bets on whether Dying Light 2 releases before Dead Island 2?

Is Dead Island 2 actually going to come out?

Dead Island released in 2011 and while there was Riptide (and Escape Dead Island), we are looking at an enormous time gap between the first game and its numerical sequel, not to mention the fact that Dead Island 2 was, itself, announced like 6 years ago.

Is the Dead Island IP still valuable in any way? Duke Nukem might have taken longer but at least Duke 3D was a foundational game for a lot of people and an IP that will always provoke interest (just like Doom and Wolfenstein.) Dead Island feels like a footnote at this point.

As for Dying Light...I think that game is much more relevant and DL2 is obviously going to come out at some point so I think it will come out first. Given that they never gave a firm date I feel like a delay was inevitable here, and it's fine, whatever. 2020 is looking like it's going to have a few huge heavy hitters (Doom, Last of Us) and then the new console launches and whatever they bring. I'm happy to have a year to dig into my backlog, though, and I'm sick of unfinished games launching so I'd rather all these delays than the alternative.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.