Hopes for E3.

• 59 results
The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering what people are hoping to see at E3. Any new announcements or news on games we know are coming?

Personally, I want to see more on Cyberpunk 2077 and maybe something about these two 'huge' games that Bathesda are working on.

Now we know Ubisoft are doing a Division 2, I'm curious to see what they're doing with that. The first game wasn't amazing but it was a decent foundation for something good.

Thoughts?

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nicksmi56

I know it probably won't measure up to last year's E3, considering Nintendo came out and announced new entries in pretty much every franchise I love.

So I guess new info on Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem Switch and Pokemon Switch. And at least one pleasant/awesome surprise annouuncement, though I have no idea what it would be. Arkham Knight or Witcher 3 port (trilogy so I can actually play 2)? I guess I'd play a Shadow of Mordor port? A big new entry in a franchise that's escaping me at the moment?

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A trailer for whatever it is From Software are working on (current rumours suggest a spiritual sequel to Kuon). Other than that I guess some new IP surprises would be fun in general. I'd like to see more of Anthem and Ghost of Tsushima for sure.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By elmorales94

Obviously Nintendo is bringing Smash, but I'm really anxious to see what their other big game is. I can only see there being one bomb they could drop without cluttering their Direct and holiday season too much. We've been hearing about Fire Emblem for ages and it seems like now is the time, but rumors are also suggesting that Pokemon is just about done.

Personally, I'm really hoping for Fire Emblem. I haven't played one in a while, but this mostly stems from Pokemon concerns. I hope it gets more time in the oven so that they can really nail their first real console game. Plus, Pokemon would be a huge time-sink, so getting it at around the same time I get Smash may be disastrous.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skate 4 or a HD version of any of Skate 1 - 3.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mellotronrules

i would love some more switch action- it's my only nintendo console since n64, so i'm pretty eager to see what all the hub-bub is about for some of the more-lauded series like Fire Emblem, Rhythm Heaven, Animal Crossing.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I’m really curious about Microsoft’s first party lineup given how insubstantial last year was for them.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Skate 4 or a HD version of any of Skate 1 - 3.

Definitely this, and a new Halo announcement I guess.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to know what Rocksteady is working on. It’s been a few years since Arkham Knight (which I loved) so hopefully they have something to announce. I don’t care about Bethesda or CD Projekt’s games but hopefully people who like them get to see what they are actually shaping up to be.

There’s also Ghost of Tsushima. I really like the Infamous and Sly Cooper games so I’ll always be interested in what they’re working on. I watched Spider-Man: Homecoming yesterday and now I want to know more about this Spider-Man game that I hope comes out soon.

This as well as what in the hell WB Montreal has been doing since Origins. I know they were working on a Suicide Squad game but scraped it, but outside of the Batgirl DLC for Arkham Knight, they haven't been heard from..

As for me, a Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch would be nice. Release date & some more gameplay of Spider-Man would be nice. I'm expecting a lot from Sony this year... They've been teasing the same games since E3 2016..

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I've pretty much lost all interest in the franchise at this point - given they've completely squanderer every opportunity to do something innovative, fresh, or just plain different since they took over - I guess I want to see what 343 does with Halo 6. I'd like them to just wrap this bullshit up and then put Halo on an extended (10 years, minimum) hiatus or just fucking retire the series already.

I'd really like to see some Ghost of Tsushima gameplay. I'd dying to see exactly what the hell that game is. We're seriously overdue for a samurai resurgence, though, I'm not sure Sucker Punch is the company to give me the experience I want. But I'm perfectly willing to have them prove me wrong, and I'd love for them to knock this out of the park.

Gearbox has to show off some Borderlands 3, right? I'm ready. I just hope they make some major improvements over Borderlands 2, while taking notes on what not to do based on consumer reaction to all the bullshit trends in games over the last few years - and especially last year's Winner of the Trifecta of Feculence, EA.

And what the fuck happened to Michel Ancel's WiLD? They had that crazy-ass trailer for the game a couple years back and then I feel like the game just vanished off the face of the earth. Be nice to see an updated on that game - but only if it's expected to release before E3 2019.

Speaking of shit with unknown release dates, Microsoft needs to show Crackdown 3 with a definitive release date or run a bloopers reel showing how fucking busted and craptastic it is, apologize to everyone who was foolishly excited for the game, admit they'll be slipping it onto store shelves with no fanfare and recommend people don't buy it. Enough already. They've been working on it for how long now? If the damn thing isn't good enough to release at this point, more time and money isn't going to fix it; just drop that turd and move on.

From Software's new game?
The Last of Us 2 gameplay?
Obligatory appear of Death Stranding?

Could be one hell of an E3.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For E3 to not become a shambling corpse as all the big names leave to do their own thing. Mostly because I want those Giant Bomb live streams, the announcements are give or take.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ares42

I said I was hoping for Borderlands 3 last year, and I'm sticking with that. I also hope Ubisoft noticed the reactions to Skull and Bones and has turned that game around into something less "online service"-y. I'm curious what will come out of the Bethesda conference this year though. Are we looking at a Doom 2 ? There's gotta be something worthwhile for them have a conference, and I don't believe there's anything noteworthy either announced or obviously in the pipeline.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

As a Switch owner, I'm hoping to see some footage on what the new Smash Bros will look like. Also I'd like to see what other games Nintendo has in store for the Switch. There are talks about a new Pokemon game coming out so I'd be interested in seeing what that is all about. As far as Nintendo games that I'm hoping for, I'd love either a brand new F-Zero or a remaster of F-Zero GX with an easy story mode and online play included. Don't know if it will happen, but GX is one of my all time favorite racing games and I'm still hungry for some new F-Zero action!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By soulcake

Hmmm a new Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 ? And maybe a teaser for that new pokemon game on switch. And a gameplay demo of the new from software project. O yeah and some FF7 Remake and Cyberpunk.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curious about what is next from Bethesda as they apparently have 2 big projects before the next Elders Scrolls game. Maybe they will reveal what their "Starfield" project is.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

From Software's "Shadows Die Twice" (Are we even certain that's what the name is?)

Cyberpunk 2077 (Finally going to see what that game looks like)

Bethesda's "Starfield" (Assuming the rumors are true. I need more space games in my life.)

Pokemon for Switch (I'll probably be disappointed in the game, but I'd like to have a hint as to what it may be. Assuming it shows up at all this E3.)

Sucker Punch's Ghost of Tsushima (Perhaps a more action oriented Nioh? Sign me up!)

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gameplay for RDR2, Cyberpunk 2077, and something else entirely new.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like a big RPG/JRPG to get excited for in 2018. I'd like this years Skyrim, Witcher 3, Persona 5..heck I would be satifyed with this years Mass Effect: Andromeda. I'd even be happy with just a big story-driven experience ala Danganronpa V3 etc.

There are such games coming up. The FF7 remake, Kingdom Hearts 3 (which I am not excited for but would count). For sure we will one day see a Persona 6, a FF15 sequel, Cyberpunk 2077 is a thing, big anime-inspired 30+ hour story driven games are still being made. We are getting another Elder scrolls at some point, they are gonna make another dragon age, etc etc.

But...is anything like that coming out in 2018? Typically the kind of games I really look forward too are few and far between (given the weird criteria and personal pref I have Re:nino kuni is too cutesy for me) but there is, at least, 1 each year. 2018 is the first year there is absolutely nothing AAA releasing I have any strong desire for.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima and whatever that Pokemon on the switch is (please deliver on what I've been hoping for over a decade Nintendo).

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

It's March! We can't make E3 hopes and predictionsuntil May. I think that's a law. Maybe. Probably.

...except here are a few of mine:

A big new Bethesda RPG IP - Seems like a gimme. I'm hoping the Skyrim-in-space rumors from last year are true.

Borderlands 3

Fable Reboot

And my stupid "it's not gonna happen but...." hope is for a new Final Fantasy Tactics.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

• A solid date for Valkyria Chronicle 4 State-side
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake reveal
  • Devil May Cry 5 reveal
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake cancelled

Out of the 4 things I want, just realized 2 of them are from Capcom...fuck.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nothing in particular that's a realistic possibility I guess. More games is always good. I like when we get deeper into the life cycle of a console gen how the library can really spill out. More niche titles to balance out the big name series getting their usual releases. There are probably a number of games that were previewed last year or at the PS Experience that I'm forgetting.

What about that new Age of Empires? A name it probably won't be able to live up to I guess. Unless its some new crazy good/realistic looking medieval RTS game then meh. I want something that focuses more on building/base design and civilization and 25% combat. While we're at it, how about a new Command & Conquer? Same principles.

Pokemon RPG, the only reason I'd buy a Switch at this point. On the fence about the game. They'll probably fail and not make it a proper RPG. It'll be some weird kiddie game like Kingdom Hearts or something. More about being super approachable and simple with a smaller scale world. And it'll only have 150 Pokemon in it.

I'm sitting here playing SimCopter on my Win98 machine.. How about a new SimCopter? (Honestly though, anyone know of a fun/cool modern version of this?)

Still waiting for a proper MechWarrior game designed for VR. New Midtown Madness? Whatever From Software is working on. Maybe Dragon Quest Builders 2? Hopefully the Omega Collection was a water tester but a new WipeOut game? F-Zero will never happen because Nintendo sucks. Red Dead 2 should be great but not getting worked up about it yet.

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever Respawn is putting out next Titanfall 3 or Unnamed Starwars game. I really want a good single player AAA Star Wars game but the odds seem low from EA.

Forza Horizon 4. I have put soooo much time into 3 and would love to play another one although, I could wait 'till next year because of Paradise remastered.

Hitman Season 2 . I hope that IO manages to keep to the same level of quality now that they are independent.

That new 3D rpg from Obsidian Private Division. They have a rocky history with polygonal rpgs so, I hope that this one is finished and polished by release next year.

I would also like to see some long unedited sections of gameplay from RD2, That From Software Game, Metro:Exedus, Cyberpunk:2077.

I also want a bunch of cool new surprises that will be released this decade(looking at you Square Enix and Microsoft).

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

• A new Bethesda Game Studios IP (Starfield or otherwise) and a Fallout 4 or NV/3 Switch port from Bethesda.
  • Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding gameplay from Sony.
  • Left-field surprises from Ubisoft since it's too early for a new Assassin's Creed (...but an AC built on the Origins template set in South America, India, or China with expanded loot, crafting and Brotherhood-style management systems would be heavenly).
  • Virtual console news from Nintendo.
  • A PC Halo collection and Age of Empires IV information from Microsoft.
  • Hitman Season 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 information from whatever company has those marketing partnerships.
Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By clagnaught
  • Project Re Fantasy: Who knows when this will see the light of day, but I would like to hear something about this game sometime, and not have to wait 18 years for the next Atlus game.
  • Hitman: Their plans may have changed with them becoming independent and all that, but hopefully we get at least some of Season 2 released this year.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for Switch: Just do it already you cowards.
  • Pokemon (Switch): As someone who liked Pokemon when I was a child and played Pokemon Blue / Yellow way back when, I am curious to see what the next Pokemon game is.
  • Life is Strange 2: It may be too soon for this (I don't really know how where the divide is with Dontnod's various projects), but it's been over 3 years since the release of the first episode of LIS. I would love to see their next game soon.

Besides that...uh....I'm drawing a blank. Even the games I listed are not stuff I'm "super" excited about. Those are games that I would like to see. My real hype list is stuff like Persona 6, a spiritual successor / a follow up to Shadow of the Colossus, and other stuff I know either A) Will never happen, or B) Won't happen for like 5 more years. Plus there's plenty of stuff that I want to play like Yakuza 6 and God of War that's coming out before E3. I'm sure I'm drawing a blank on some stuff, but the second half of 2018 feels empty to me.

Hells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My hopes/dreams/Pseudo-Analysis for E3 2018: *long read sorry*

I want Cyberpunk 2033 to blow me away-- Graphics, Gameplay, Immersion, Everything. I want to see CD Projekt Red go hard on this game and show that they can completely surpass the Witcher 3/Skyrim/GTA V in terms of Open-World SandBox games. I want it to be the type of game that makes me want to build a new PC or buy a new console just to be able to experience it at its full potential.

Nintendo needs to show off Smash in action at E3, but Smash won't be enough. Nintendo needs to bring a new IP or reboot of a previous IP to the show, maybe even give Waluigi his own full featured game?!?! Also they need to show off the new online service and give reason for people to pay for it. Nintendo just slapping Virtual Console in won't be enough, they need to add leader boards / rewards to add incentive for buying and playing the old games. I don't know about you but having a Emulated Rom with save states just isn't cutting it anymore. Nintendo needs to come out guns blazing to prove that this year could be just as good (OR BETTER) than last year. Since Nintendo probably won't release a successor to the 3DS any time soon, I will gladly accept a GameBoy Classic for Holiday 2018. If we really want to get crazy with things that can be brought to E3/Nintendo Direct, they can reveal a Mother/Earthbound Compilation for Switch with a localized version of Mother 3 for NA/EU so Reggie can finally not have to answer the eternal question of "What About Mother 3?"

Sony isn't going to have much in terms of new content or surprises from their 1st Party teams, but 3rd Party Devs are going to lead the way in terms of showcasing the dominance of the Playstation Brand. From Software is going to reveal their next title that will most likely be PS4 exclusive, Rockstar will show just enough of Red Dead Redemption 2 that will make people want it even more than they do now and it would be in Sony's best interest to get that on their stage during their press conference, SquareEnix will most likely be shifting gears from Final Fantasy XV to Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7-- both games need to be shown and given targeted release windows; KH 3 Q3/Q4 this year and Final Fantasy 7 in 2019. Shenmue 3 will be shown and tagged with Q1/Q2 2019 release window with Sega releasing ports of Shenmue 1 and 2 in late summer/early fall 2018. And lastly we will get another Death Stranding teaser trailer and it will be hinted that the game is being developed to take advantage of the power of the next-generation PlayStation hardware. (Yes new hardware, hopefully by 2020 at the very latest. Thats a discussion for next year...)

Microsoft is the biggest mystery in terms of what they are going to do at E3 this year. They recently started to refocus on 1st Party Studios, but do they have anything thats far enough along to show off that will impress people. Besides a Halo, Gears or Forza announcement what can Microsoft announce that will make people want to play games on their Xbox Platform? Having the most powerful console in the Xbox One X is great but they need to take that same motivation to make the most powerful console and get the developers to make games that will impress people enough to want to switch from PS4 (and PS4 Pro) back to Xbox. Microsoft can lean on the likes of Blue Hole, Bethesda and CD Projekt Red to ensure they get the best console performance from their upcoming titles, but they need at least one stellar title of their own to swing people on to Xbox rather than PlayStation. My other side hope is for Sea of Thieves to be a runaway hit in terms of Rare fleshing out the core game in ways that keep people coming back for more-- things like new Islands or Islands that are change over time, new and exciting Voyages or quest types, a end game that changes or evolves over the development of the game, and the ability to turn on Squad Friendly fire (because sometimes you might just want to shoot your fellow squad mates or throw them over board lol)

Rapid Fire Hopes and Dreams for 3rd Party Developers:

• Ubisoft-- More of the Beyond Good & Evil tech demo will be shown off.
  • EA-- For the love of god show a New Burnout or SKATE 4 please!
  • SquareEnix-- Dragon Quest XI 2018 release date for 3DS, PS4.... and SWITCH.
  • Gearbox-- Borderlands 3. Don't you dare try to bring anything but this game to E3 Randy Pitchford.
  • Bungie-- Destiny 2 DLC that the developers will proclaim is a ground breaking new experience. (lol)
  • Sega/Atlus-- Persona 3/5 Dancing Moon/Star Night booth providing some good vibes for the people attending the show.
  • Bethesda-- New Open-World Sandbox game based off a brand new IP by Bethesda Game Studios and Co-op Multiplayer will be a key feature.

Realistically this year's E3 should be fairly tame. Developers will be returning to past reveals and giving them release windows by the end of this year or early 2019. Expect a few early glimpses or mentions of "Next-Generation" games. Microsoft and Nintendo have the most to gain this year with bringing big new games and IP reveals while Sony just needs to get out the games that they have been promising for the last few years while leaning on 3rd Party support to carry them through the next year or two before its time for new hardware again.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hope, any at all would be nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e25d72b6044
deactivated-63e25d72b6044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting for more information about WitchFire, game from astronauts studio. Looks great, something like painkiller mixed with dark souls. Can't wait.

Loading Video...

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sombre

Animal Crossing

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

Realistically...

- Resident Evil 2 remake news

- FF7 remake news

- something new with Splinter Cell?

Totally not happening, but a guy can dream right?

- Socom 2 remaster or remake

- Return of Jet Moto

- Return of Syphon Filter

- Return of Colony Wars

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see some new stuff for that Call of Cthulhu game, the new Metro game, and the RE2 remake. As for long shots...Half Life 3 as always of course, and Konami re-releasing older games on PC(i'd even settle for just throwing the old PC versions of SH2 and 3 and MGS2 on steam at this point, just...something).

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pweidman

RDR2 gameplay and release info. Borderlands 3 anything at this point, pretty please. Halo 6 info/tease. Bethesda's next ES game and/or info. on the two major projects mentioned at E3 '17. More from Beyond Good and Evil will happen, hopefully it's coming along well. Cyberpunk 2077 should show it's face with more than a weird trailer, despite some very rough development issues. Also, hopefully, some cool surprises. And against all odds, please not a swarm of BR clones/variants.

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want some god damn advance wars. I've been waiting for so long. So long... So cold...

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aktivity said:

Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima and whatever that Pokemon on the switch is (please deliver on what I've been hoping for over a decade Nintendo).

Very much this. Also The Division 2, hopefully it plays better this time, Assassin's Creed if it's set in an interesting place, the Destiny 2 Fall Expansion, we'll see immediately if they did anything worthwhile, and off course red dead redemption 2.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not expecting any great surprises this year but really looking forward to seeing Cyberpunk 2077 and Bethesda's new IP and want gameplay from Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding and FF7. Their's so much good stuff coming I could make a page long list its a pretty amazing problem to have, I want more release dates so I can start booking holidays.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Persona 5 Arena & Devil May Cry 5 please

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm hoping for more interesting new IP that aren't loot shooters.

Out of existing franchises I would like to see a Watch Dogs 3 that tones down the wackiness they introduced in the sequel. I feel like WD1 laid out a solid foundation and instead of building on it they decided to make another Ubisoft game but add more "fun" to it. I actually enjoyed how bleak the story was in the original for better and worse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is something I'd like to see in action. I'm curious how they can surprised me cause I do want a sequel, but I'm pretty sure I already know exactly what it will be - fingers crossed that they'll come up with some fun new systems and gameplay mechanics that also aren't tied into an online model.

If Ninja Theory got a chance to continue what they started with DmC that would be amazing. That game already had a fun combat system that they could keep building upon. The art direction was amazing so I'm sure they could come up with something equally as crazy. The people that hate it can keep playing DMC3 remaster, but I'm happy to keep playing this new reboot.

Dead Space 4, I mean we all need to dream.

Cyberpunk would be nice to see and hopefully the gameplay is tight. I really enjoyed the Witcher 3 but the gameplay was definitely a little stiffer than I'd like.

That ninja game by the Infamous guys is a cool wildcard. First Son was a really great game and I always enjoyed the weird floatiness that franchise was built around. Curious how they'll handle combat and movement in what looks to be a very un-floaty type of setting.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

News on/ dates for:

- Cyberpunk 2077

- Borderlands 3

- The Division 2

- Doom II? Too early?

-A new Burnout?

-A new Bethesda open-world Skyrim-esque thing

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope to see something i am not expecting that will get me excited about games again. A new arpg (diablo like) would be great.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Halo 6 with an Xbox One X bundle. That's honestly all I care about right now, such a backlog going from last year that I don't need much new for another 6 months or so.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Whitestripes09

Ghosts of Tsushima and Shadows Die Twice are the top two games I'm interested in to learn more about. There hasn't really been an open world Japanese/Samurai game recently. I'm not actually that big of a fan of any of the infamous games though...their open worlds seem lifeless and constrained. If we can believe the trailer, the world looks very alive so here's hoping that's actually gameplay. Also if Shadows Die Twice ends up being Tenchu, Bloodborne 2 or even a new IP, I'd be pretty excited with any of those, just want to see more of it.

I'm almost more worried at this point about Cyberpunk 2077 than interested from the news about it. It seems like a really cool idea and I would have said Projekt Red was probably the best team to tackle a game like that. I just hope they improve and add on from what they learned from the Witcher 3 instead of making the same experience just in a science fiction setting, which is basically what Bioware did with DA:I and ME:A. Put me in the wait and see camp for it at the moment.

I really want Anthem to be more than another loot/co-op game, but that honestly seems like that is all it's going to be so can't really get that excited about it other than that the concept of having different Iron Man like suits in an RPG shooter sounds really fun.

Totally forgot... if we get a Devil May Cry 5 from Capcom I'm going to lose my mind. Whatever Bethesda shows, I'm sure I won't be interested in it. They lost any magic they had left with Fallout 4. If there's an Obsidian game made with them, they'll have my attention. I think I'd be disappointed if I didn't hear Todd Howard come and say "Get Skyrim on iOS App Store and Google Play store NOW!"

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Whatever Respawn is putting out next Titanfall 3 or Unnamed Starwars game. I really want a good single player AAA Star Wars game but the odds seem low from EA.

Forza Horizon 4. I have put soooo much time into 3 and would love to play another one although, I could wait 'till next year because of Paradise remastered.

Hitman Season 2 . I hope that IO manages to keep to the same level of quality now that they are independent.

This. All of this.

I'll throw in some pipe dreams: An old-school-style Splinter Cell or Rainbow Six game. The latter seems really unlikely given Siege isn't that old and actually seems to have found a bit of a fanbase, but I could see Splinter Cell making a surprise comeback with HITMAN being the hit it was. Also, I'd love to see some RDR2 story-centric gameplay that re-ignites my hopes for that game as a worthwhile single-player experience, but I'm guessing instead I'll get some Ubisoft-esque canned "multiplayer experience" video of (customizable!) buddies riding on (customizable!) horses together as R* barrels that GTA Online microtransaction train right into the Old West.

I'd also like to see a hot new IP from Microsoft. I think people really overstate the "lack of Xbox exclusives" thing with Sony and Nintendo having a good 2017 and from actively dismissing some great stuff from the general "fuck MS" days like Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Ori, and solid entries in the Gears and Halo franchises, but still, most of the best MS first-party stuff did come out a while ago, save Cuphead and some recent Forza games. MS delivered in a big way on the hardware with the One X, but they now need to show some exciting games, and I think they will.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MiniPato

Monster Hunter expansion and From's new game. Less excited for, but would still be pleased by new The Last of Us 2 gameplay and Death Stranding trailer.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk 2077

The next From Software game

Death Stranding

Ghost of Tsushima

FF7 Remake

Red Dead 2

Last of Us 2

Anthem

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@minipato said:

Death Stranding trailer.

Oh, good call, if for nothing else than the fact that there is a nonzero chance Alex's prediction of Norman Reedus birthing Mads Mikkelsen comes true.

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looking forward to hear what Valve has been up to.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Well it has already been confirmed that we will see TLOU 2 gameplay so I'm good.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

All I want to hear is that Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link is coming west

last year Nintendo surprised us with Metroid, so some Metroid Prime 4 news would be cool. I'd be over the moon if their surprise this year was F-Zero revival. I'd also like to hear good news about Virtual Console for Switch owners.

Capcom, please please please tell me Deep Down isn't dead. I've nearly lost all hope. I'll settle for Dragon's Dogma Online coming west. I know I'm going to be disappointed by the fact neither will be there.

I think for their sake, Microsoft better bring some serious exclusives. They've barely shown anything I've considered interesting in maybe 5 years or more, and what they did show either didn't ship or didn't end up that great. On a personal level I'm happy to not feel the pull of another one of these machines, but I don't think it's good for the industry to have Xbox fading so badly.