Target - Buy 2 Games Get 1 Free

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, just in case you haven't heard about it yet, Target will be running an early Black Friday deal next week where you if you buy 2 games, you can get the third for free. The ad hasn't officially come out yet but it was leaked and numerous sites have started running articles about it so it seems legit to me:

http://www.destructoid.com/target-buy-2-get-1-free-sale-returns-in-time-for-fallout-4-319176.phtml

No Caption Provided

For me the timing of this deal is perfect since I was already planning on getting Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider next week. For the free game right now I'm thinking of getting Black Ops 3. I'll be getting Black Ops 3 on the Xbox One along with Tomb Raider. It's a shame that the new Mario Tennis and Star Wars Battlefront aren't out yet since I believe the promotion is for next week only (11/8 - 11/14), having those options would make the pick for the third game a lot harder to make.

The only question I have is whether or not I should get Fallout 4 on the PS4 or the Xbox One. It seems like PS4 would have the better experience, but if you think back to Skyrim, I remember hearing about the PS3 port for that game being really bad (I played it on the 360 so I didn't see this firsthand). I know the new consoles are very different and you can't compare them to the previous generation, but I'm personally just going to keep an eye out for any problems people are having with the game and see if they are specific to one platform or the other.

So what do you guys think? Are you interested in this deal? What games would you pick up? Do you think even better deals will come along as we get closer to Black Friday and I should be more patient? Is Black Ops 3 a bad pick for the third game? Let me know what you think. I couldn't find a thread about this so feel free to lock it if it has already come up.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Black Ops would be determined by what you want to play of it. If you will play it for a month or two online, then consider buying it. If you just want to play the story and some online, maybe a weeks worth (like me), the look for it on redbox.

The other games, pick them based on what controller you like to play that type of game with.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in Yon-Kai Watch, Persona 4 Dancing All Night and either Forza 6 or Rockband (ps4)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ripelivejam

yaay wwe 2k16, nfs, and pro skater 5 :rock:

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@none_braver: It's funny - my intention is to play online for a few months, but in reality I'll probably make it through the campaign and only play online for a couple of weeks (which is what happened to me with Advanced Warfare).

I get what you are saying about controller preference but I actually enjoy both controllers pretty much equally. I'm more worried about bugs and performance.

@skullpanda1: Is Yo-kai Watch out already/out next week? I didn't realize that. Also one thing to note is that one caveat with this deal is that I believe the cheapest game of the three is the one you get for free, which could have an effect on people mixing handheld and console titles.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm actually more happy that it applies to board games.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I would go with Xbox for Fallout because I think I remember hearing mods won't be supported for PS4 until a significant amount of time.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

I hope they have another B2G1 later this month. I really want to get Fallout 4, Mario Tennis, and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@none_braver: It's funny - my intention is to play online for a few months, but in reality I'll probably make it through the campaign and only play online for a couple of weeks (which is what happened to me with Advanced Warfare).

Did you play the beta? If so, it's pretty much the same thing. In five days of the beta, I already played Black Ops III more than I did in my entire time owning AW, so I loved it. Unless you mean that no matter how fun the mutliplayer is, it might not continue to interest you for more than a couple of weeks. That could be the case for some, but I know I'll be playing it for a while. Never bought Ghosts and didn't like AW, so it's been a long while since I spent a lot of time with COD multiplayer.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I missed out on the beta so I'm not sure how the gameplay feels but some of the things Jeff mentioned in his review have me interested (no one hit kills with melee, no boosted strafe). I'm not sure what it was about AW that didn't hold my interest but I certainly can get addicted to a good CoD game (I put unspeakable hours into MW and MW2).

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technician: Yon-Kai is out at my local target so unless they broke street it should be out for you.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I missed out on the beta so I'm not sure how the gameplay feels but some of the things Jeff mentioned in his review have me interested (no one hit kills with melee, no boosted strafe). I'm not sure what it was about AW that didn't hold my interest but I certainly can get addicted to a good CoD game (I put unspeakable hours into MW and MW2).

Yeah, as I said on the comments, almost every one of Jeff's multiplayer criticisms is something I love about the game. Maybe give it a Redbox rental, and then buy it later if it hooks you as much as it has me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

Oh, okay. I think I did see this thread. Anyways, yeah! I just got home from there and to my surprise, when I was buying Rise of the Tomb Raider and Fallout 4, I paid no attention at all to the post on the games case where it said buy two get one free, and so the cashier told me about it, and I ended up getting Assassin's Creed Syndicate, which would have been a game I don't know if I would have gotten, but free, definitely worth getting since I had some interest in it. Now I don't know what to play. What good timing to walk in and get two games, which I don't do too often. To the original post, about Black Ops 3, my brother got it on release, and as it turns out, I found that games campaign to be thoroughly enjoyable. That was a surprise considering I felt last years COD was pretty dull, and I wasn't a big fan of the previous Black Ops games. That said, most don't play those for the campaign I suppose, and most fans of COD like those specific games I mentioned, so maybe I'm in the minority.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up getting

Fallout 4 (PS4)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (XB1)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (XB1)

I'll probably start with Tomb Raider first, very hyped for the game.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm done you fuckers. YOU HEAR ME, I'M DONE!

i kinda want tomb raider *sobs*

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm done you fuckers. YOU HEAR ME, I'M DONE!

i kinda want tomb raider *sobs*

Well, Brad said it was about 25 hours. So it would be worth the price.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're a console gamer, you should really consider subscribing to best buys gamer club. I've had it for a few days and I've already broke even on the 30 dollar buy in. And it trivializes deals like this, especially since other deals stack with your membership discount.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

@rongalaxy: I use GCU quite a bit (the best deals being their pre-order 20% off + $10 reward certificate deals), though this deal was still pretty damn good. Some guys at Slickdeals figured out a way to stack some other coupons to get the cost down even further.

I ended up grabbing Tomb Raider, CoD: Black Ops, and Assassin's Creed for $104 after tax. Also, the trade value on Black Ops is $40 at Best Buy right now, so I may just blaze through the campaign, get rid of it at that point, and consider it a free rental.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cav829: Best buy had a promotion recently that allowed me to get halo 5 for 45% off (27 bucks plus tax) because I bought fallout 4, which I got for 20% off. Selling the copy of halo 5 on eBay for a profit. It's kinda ridiculous what you can do with this service.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck yeah, I can get Jenga and Clue and get Candyland for free.

Err, the video game part is pretty great too I guess

ElectricViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Coupled this with a $5 off a $50 or more purchase coupon floating around, plus a one time use 10% discount code available through their wishlist app, I picked up a free copy of Wonderful 101 with two other games I was going to buy anyway.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Target still carry PC games?

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeffrud said:

Coupled this with a $5 off a $50 or more purchase coupon floating around, plus a one time use 10% discount code available through their wishlist app, I picked up a free copy of Wonderful 101 with two other games I was going to buy anyway.

Where'd ya see the 5 off coupon?

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used this deal to pickup Fallout 4, AC Syndicate, and Tomb Raider. I have plans this weekend.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

@a_cute_squirtle: Check the link I included above to slickdeals. It has the $5 off code as well as how to get the 10% off coupon as well.

@barrock:They carry some - Fallout 4

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Nope, not interested. That's because I know myself after having taken part in similar deals in the past. I could get one game free now, or wait until I would actually get around to playing the games, and get three discounted games, so that it's closer to buy one get two free. About the only time I take advantage of something like this now is if there are three Nintendo games I want.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I have some extra scratch.

I ended up buying Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Witcher 3.

I was thinking about Until Dawn, but there wasn't delivery for it. Besides, I think that game will be on PS Plus at some point in the future.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weird I was at my local Target the other day because I saw the deal was online and they didn't have any signage up about it...maybe my target is just dumb -_-

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

CcFfBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad that the Target sale was mentioned again, so thanks for that. I decided to pick up Super Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Yo-kai Watch. Since Yo-kai just came out last Friday, supporting the release over the weekend felt pretty good. I don't get many opportunities to support games at launch anymore.