The Community Spotlight - 08/29/2014

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Special Thanks to @pabba for the Art This Week!
Special Thanks to @pabba for the Art This Week!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight, and I am your host as always! PAX Prime 2014 is happening this week! That said we still have plenty of great stuff to share that came from the Giant Bomb community. Danny may have finished his Half-Life charity live stream but that doesn't mean you can't donate to his cause if you missed the opportunity! Donate here to help "Project Open Hand" feed needy and malnourished children. Also catch the archives of all of his streams on the thread below...overall it was a "hoot," to say the least. Patrick was interviewed recently and talked about how he thinks developers should approach journalists when it comes to covering their games. Finally @rorie may be on vacation, but he has some big announcements for all users on the site! Firstly there is a new t-shirt from @buzz_clik for sale on the Giant Bomb Emporium. Subscriptions for first timers have been lowered to $35, and we have a new video to "encourage" users to join the premium club! With that let's get on with the latest edition of the Community Spotlight:

Awesome Art

Special thanks go to @maddenedman for the great logos for Giant Bomb West and East, @pabba for his pineapple super solider, and @vierastalo has created a PlayStation controller for Drew!

Clips of the Week

Ryan West on YouTube has taken Drew's challenge of making a timelapse of Episode 2 of Metal Gear Scanlon, but he sped it up by 2500%...it sure goes to show Drew died a lot to Ocelot. @turboman on the other hand has another great edition of his "Best of Giant Bomb" video series. This edition has all of the hilarious moments from the Velvet Sundown Quick Look!

Community Activities

• Community Steam Icon & Background Trading - Offer or Accept a Trade Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Special thanks to @hailinel and @bobafettjm for editing a bunch game that I have never heard of!

Best of Blogs

The top blog comes from N7 who details his conflicted thoughts on the current status of the Resident Evil franchise. thatpinguino discussed the use of lenticular art/level design in games, as well as The Swapper's use of individuality as part of its narrative. PerfidiousSinn's latest effort to get competent at fighting games online was for the incredibly daunting Ultra Street Fighter IV. Odie_Esty decided to bite the bullet and give No More Heroes a shot and blogs about his bewilderment. regularassmilk recently sold a significant chunk of his game collection, and explains why he's okay with a disc-less future. VincentAvatar struck Killer is Dead from his gaming bucket-list, whereas Vincentvendetta has created a number of awesome game boxes in the style of Criterion Collection DVD cases. bobafettjm has another great update on his activity on the Giant Bomb wiki. Finally, BlaineBlaine shares his Japanese playing card collection, while noahtheboa99 has started to play the first Silent Hill game.

Fantastic Forums

If you missed Danny's Half-Life marathon the thread below has links to all of the archives. MaddenedMan on the other hand has two great logos. One for GBWest, and the other is for GBEast, and he wants your input on them. Feel free to also share your opinions on the latest episode of The Walking Dead, names for your RPG characters, US box art that is superior to the bow arts of other regions, Metro 2033 Redux, and good games to play while listening to podcasts.

Lovable Lists

In an effort to look back on old video game hair Yummylee has a list of video game characters with slicked back hair. Our other list comes from wehrmacht who is working on chronicling every game that will use Unreal Engine 4.

Useful User Reviews

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I agree! I was just thinking about it earlier and you have been doing this regularly for a really long time now.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

You forgot my blog!

Just kidding, I didn't write one this week.

Good job, though.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh boy! A year after my last blog and I hit the community spotlight. Hope the fame doesn't go to my head.

Also: Does Buzz never not make really great shirts? Dude's pretty great.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Odie_Esty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I didn't catch up on any of this over the long weekend, and just realized I need to settle in and read most of these blogs. And I'm gonna recommend JadeGL's latest blog for next week's spotlight, too.

Avatar image for unstoppablebomb
UnstoppableBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UnstoppableBomb

Looks like Splinter cell

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thatpinguino  Moderator
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Good stuff folks!

I didn't catch up on any of this over the long weekend, and just realized I need to settle in and read most of these blogs. And I'm gonna recommend JadeGL's latest blog for next week's spotlight, too.

@hailinel said:

Thanks, ZombiePie! I've survived PAX Prime, and have a blog to tell the tale.

And yeah, these two are totally worth reading.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#12 Mento  Moderator

Just the second part to that Indie game thing I did last week. It got zero replies, so I've been spending this week thinking up new ideas.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

chooo chooo, on the move ZP

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of the Community Spotlight can be found here.