The Community Spotlight - 12/02/2017

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host this week. With the last month of 2017 upon us, the staff and community are in the middle of GOTY business. The staff is together producing and creating Game of the Year video goodness, and the community is putting the finishing touches on their nominees. If you took the time to create a 2017 GOTY list or blog, feel free to drop a link to it here and I'll promise to promote it on both Twitter and the next Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! With that out of the way, let's jump into the site related housekeeping.

2017 GOTY User Created Content

User GOTY Lists

GOTY Blogs and Threads

Should it be disqualified? Join our discussion!
Should it be disqualified? Join our discussion!

Will Giant Bomb Declare PUBG Eligible To Receive Awards?(By: @driveuplife)

Should PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds be eligible for Game of the Year consideration? Will it make its way in regardless? Join our exhaustive discussion about the place of Early Access games during GotY considerations this year.

Which Games Won't Be Discussed In Game Of The Year? (By: @alistercat)

There's always a few big notable releases the community feel get shafted during GotY because not enough staff finished the game. Which game do you think runs the highest risk of that happening to this year?

2017 Best Story/Moment Contenders (Limit Spoilers) (By: @imhungry)

"Best Moment" is always a community favorite category. With previous winners and nominees including Frog Fractions and Fez, which game provided the best "WOW" moment of 2017?

Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 A GOTY Contender? (By: @ninkendo)

Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 the sleeper hit of 2017, or is it being passed over for Game of the Year consideration for a reason? Join the debate NOW!

Author's Note: Did I miss your list, blog, or thread? Just drop a help link to the content in question and I'll happily promote it next week! I'm promoting Game of the Year content until the second week of January, so there's no rush!

Clip(s) Of The Week

Every Time They Nail a Dude in the Nuts in SUPERHOT VR (By: @jeremym)

From tonight's UPF, here's every time Abby hit someone in their "genital triangle" while playing Superhot VR.

Ranking of Fighters (Giant Bomb) Arcade Style Intro (By: bobbbackwards)

It was about high time Ranking of Fighters have a proper intro, and over on YouTube, bobbbackwards animated this Arcade style intro for Giant Bomb's in-depth ranking of every fighting game ever made.

Giant Bomb Galleria

Dilbrad Season #1 Is COMPLETE!(By: @oddparticle)

That's a wrap for season one of Dilbrad! Remember to support OddParticle by following him on Twitter @Odd_Particle.

Mario Brad, Final Fantasy X-2 Brad, and Star Wars Brad (By: @monkeyman04, @dr_mel, and @zzombie13)

To those of you responsible for the following images, thank you for the nightmares, but I love you all all the same.

Pixel Art Vinny (By: @buzz_clik)

As a test for an upcoming project, artist buzz_clik created this pixel art rendition of Vinny.

No Caption Provided

Tweets Of The Week

Community Activities

Santa Hat 2017 Extravaganza! (By: @mightyduck)

WHELP, it is that time of the year again! It's time for members of the Giant Bomb Community to adorn Santa hats to their avatar! Community members are willing to help if needed.

6th Annual GB AOTY Poll: "Is Neo Yokio Anime?" Edition (By: @dochaus)

It's also this time of year again, where the Giant Bomb community votes for their best animes and DocHaus scowl at their choices!

Best Of Blogs

I'm hoping for a blackout!
I'm hoping for a blackout!

I Made A GB GOTY Bingo Card! (By: @bladeofcreation)

BladeOfCreation created a Giant Bomb GOTY bingo card generator! Here's a link to his thread and a taste of what you can expect!

A Massive Sea Change Is Underway In The Gaming Industry That Few Seem To Have Noticed (By: @slag)

Slag has been looking at the numbers and explains why PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds's meteoric rise in China will bring forth a "sea of change" for the entire industry.

The Perks Of Being A Sunbreaker... A Fire-Forged Intro And Guide (By: @bvb_finn)

Bvb_Finn created an exhaustive and helpful guide on how to use the Sunbreaker Titan subclass in Destiny 2! Check it out and see if you've missed anything.

My Top Five Anticipated Releases Of December 2017 (By: @themist997)

It is the last month of the year, and TheMist997 is STILL excited about video games! Here are his most anticipated games set to release in December.

Bab_Finn asks you to reconsider what you already think about the Sunbreaker class.
Bab_Finn asks you to reconsider what you already think about the Sunbreaker class.

All-New Saturday Summaries 2017-12-02: GOTY Anxiety Edition(By: @mento)

Mento talks about not stressing GOTY season too much, as well as Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Alwa's Awakening, more PS2 games and two weeks of catching up with 2017's smaller offerings.

Join The Discussion

Did you get into the
Did you get into the "Christmas Spirit" by purchasing a loot box?

Which 2018 Game Are You Most Excited About? (By: @liquiddragon)

2018 looks to be a solid year for games! Which 2018 game are you most hyped to play? Share and discuss your games over here.

Have You Bought A Loot Box Using Real-World Money? (By: @beachthunder)

Though they have become a sticking point today, have you ever bought a loot box using real-world money? Maybe it was Team Fortress 2, Hearthstone, Dota 2, or something else, but feel free to share nonetheless.

Game Suggestions For My 50-Year-Old Dad (By: @bloogsy)

Bloogsy's father is interested in getting back into video games after a long hiatus, but he's also fifty-years-old. What games would be an appropriate jumping point for him? Share and discuss your picks over here.

Has planetary colonization ever been done justice?
Has planetary colonization ever been done justice?

Best Games About Colonizing Planets? (By: @relenus)

Partially inspired by Mass Effect: Andromeda, Giant Bomb user Relenus questions if there is any game which has effectively tackled inter-planetary colonization and terraforming. Thoughts?

After 8 Years, Demon's Souls' Servers Shut Down (By: @gaff)

With its serves down, do you have any fond memories playing Demon's Souls? Feel free your favorite cathartic moments in the sadistic game that started it all.

Gatling-Gun, Chain-Gun or Mini-Gun? (By: @acidbrandon18)

So, what's the deal with this game?
So, what's the deal with this game?

IT'S TIME FOR A DEBATE! Gatling-Gun, Chain-Gun or Mini-Gun? Which is the "correct" term for the iconic gaming weapon in question?

Is Anyone Else Playing Million Onion Hotel? (By: @dudeglove)

Have any of you played Million Onion Hotel? If so, feel free to join our community discussion for Yoshiro Kimura's latest offering.

Multiplayer Only Games(By: @khaosbydesign)

Where do you stand regarding multiplayer only games? Are there plenty of good video game examples, or are they a weak value proposition for consumers?

Lovable Lists

I may have been the reason why RioStarwind, and many others played Doki Doki Literature Club. Don't judge.
I may have been the reason why RioStarwind, and many others played Doki Doki Literature Club. Don't judge.

Some Thoughts On Video Games November 2017 (By: @riostarwind)

Surprise! Video games are still great! Giant Bomb moderator RioStarwind uses this list of the games he played in November to talk about how plenty of fun to be had

Useful User Reviews

Afro_Stevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Brad tweeting that really makes me want to play Nier now.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Abby makes the world a better place, considering recent news.

mattcorb7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really wanna check out doki doki but i am scared

Doofcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

These GOTY lists are terrible, none of them have NieR Automata as number 1. >_>

Chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It wont happen but I want Giant Bomb to nominate Doki Doki Literature Club for Best Moment (x2?), or Best Story.

jeremym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh my god mars attacks dog rorie is very good

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm so glad there are already multiple supercuts of Abby punching VR people in the balls.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Kojima is Kojima if Kojima was good.

OddParticle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino Hey, just wanted to say thanks for regularly featuring Dilbrad in the spotlight for the past few months :). Much appreciated! Keep up the good work. Love seeing all the stuff that happens in Giant Bomb's orbit every week.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That bingo card is looking to be eerily accurate.

Genessee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Jeff == Ryu

Dr. Tracksuit == Akuma

shtapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By shtapler

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/shtapler/lists/2017-game-of-the-year/361130/

divisive

Dr_Mel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like those Bingo quotes are all just things Alex says on a regular basis. lol

Toparaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That headline though. I see what you did there.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg Abby Cosplaying as Rachel from Bladerunner is phenomenal!

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#16 Marino  Staff

That headline though. I see what you did there.

I'm very, very sneaky, sir.

@marino Hey, just wanted to say thanks for regularly featuring Dilbrad in the spotlight for the past few months :). Much appreciated! Keep up the good work. Love seeing all the stuff that happens in Giant Bomb's orbit every week.

ZombiePie puts them together. I just edit, format, and publish them. You're welcome all the same though.

jarorick01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alvarofaraujo: I'm out of the loop - what recent news? My heart can't take another depature...

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's always cool to get to a point where I can't imagine a GB without their newest hires (re Abby and Ben, sure it will get to that point soon with Jan).

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

It wont happen but I want Giant Bomb to nominate Doki Doki Literature Club for Best Moment (x2?), or Best Story.

Best Story is a stretch IMO, but it has so many strong moments that it could almost sweep the category. Getting the first ending (RenPy etc.), when what you thought you understood of the world just drops out from under you, is nuts, and it's the only game ever that has had me obsessively watching the filesystem for changes whilst playing. It's a hell of a thing.

(BTW: spoilers are vague, but if you're going to check it out -- it's free and only takes a couple of hours so everyone should IMO -- it's stuff you're better off not knowing)

XenturiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 19

Great Work Everyone!

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nengjanggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superhot supercut supergreat!

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By BladeOfCreation

Just noticed that my thread with the bingo card was included! I feel like a real duder!

Anyways, please check out that thread! I made it while bored one day and couldn't really think of any more things to add, but a few other people commented additions to it and someone ended up making it into a PROPER bingo card on a 5×5 grid with a free space and everything, so it was really a group effort.

Pest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for restlessspirits
RestlessSpirits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers