• 70 results
OptimumNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OptimumNinja

So I was kicking it back the other day, playing some E.T the Extra Terrestrial on my Atari and I realized how much of a piece of shit the game was so I decided to start this new topic on Giant Bomb. What do you think are the 5 worst games of all time? Mine are: Plumbers don't wear ties, E.T the Extra Terrestrial, Zelda: Wand of Gamelon, Custer's Revenge, and Barbie Adventure.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

1. SOCOM: Confrontation 
2. SOCOM: Confrontation 
3. SOCOM: Confrontation 
4. SOCOM: Confrontation 
5. SOCOM: Confrontation
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Red12b

Custers revenge, Rape Lay, Anything with barbie, Anything with The spice girls, Batman Begins. 

Nuff' said.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Big Rigs front cover
Big Rigs front cover
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

That I've played: Gods and Generals, Deer Hunter, Metal Dungeon, Battle Arena Toshinden, and Robocop.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Th3_James

resistance 2, any FF game, any children focused game, most wii games, and shaq-fu

CaptainCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainCowboy

F4 Rise of SS, Iron Man, Quantum of Solace, Superman Returns (PS2), and Transformers (not the movie game)

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Th3_James said:
"resistance 2, any FF game, any children focused game, most wii games, and shaq-fu "

...Wow just...wow. Did you read what you typed? I mean, seriously just...I-I-I can't believe what I just read.
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By beforet
@Bucketdeth said:
"
Big Rigs front cover
Big Rigs front cover
"
That's cheating! Besides, you can't fault Big Rigs for being Big Rigs!
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

Here you go:

My Top 10 Worst Games Ever.
My Top 10 Worst Games Ever.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Capum15
@Bucketdeth said:
"
"
That cover is way too awesome for that game.

Hell, anything is too awesome for that game.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By buzz_clik
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dalai
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By buzz_clik
@Video_Game_King: Cyborg Justice I can see an argument for either way -- it's definitely shoddy, but I still see something in it -- but you couldn't think of one more game worse than Black? Man, I loved that game and finished the shit out of it, including everything in Black Ops mode. You really hated it that much, huh?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5. Uncharted 2

#4. Half-Life2

#3. Halo: CE

#2. Assassin's Creed 2

#1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By buzz_clik
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shirogane
@Tru3_Blu3:
Somebody read the topic wrong...or did they? 

This doesn't include games i've made for fun or assignments does it? 
Although i don't think they could compare to big rigs...
Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By guerrilla_mason

Multiple lists of top worst games and Hour of Victory isn't on any of them? Well, I guess becasue that game was so broken it couldn't be played, it makes sense. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shirogane said:
" @Tru3_Blu3: Somebody read the topic wrong...or did they?  This doesn't include games i've made for fun or assignments does it? Although i don't think they could compare to big rigs... "
No, I did read the topic right.

(It's a joke)
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By penguindust

I had a dozen over in this Your Worst Game of the Decade thread, so this will be harder.  Okay, some of these are obvious, but whatever...

1. E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (2600) ~ This game was all about falling in holes and then wasting precious time trying to float out.  I didn't own the game but my cousin did, so I played it at his house.  I owed a not as bad but oh so boring game called Swordquest: Earthworld
  2. Drake of the 99 Dragons (Xbox) ~ Horrid on every level a game can be.  Shoddy controls, jerky camera, aggravating combat mechanic, tepid graphics and convoluted story.  Only E.T., whose awfulness had an effect on the games industry as a whole is worse than this game in my opinion.
  3. Superman 64 (N64) ~ Superman is supposed to be one of the most powerful characters in modern literature, and yet the whole game revolves around you being an errand boy.  When you are not performing mundane tasks, you're literally flying through hoops, walking through walls (unintentionally), and getting stuck on corners.
  4. Fugitive Hunter: War on Terror ( PS2/Xbox) ~ Painfully cliché and borderline offensive, this broken FPS was known for its ridiculous ending pitting your character against Osama Ben Laden in a street brawl.  Maybe on paper that sounds good but the execution was poor due to a broken melee system.
  5. Daikatana (PC) ~ If this game had a nice personality, it still might find a date for the prom, but it is dreadful in every conceivable way possible.  All the infamous hype aside, this game was ugly, paltry, and exceedingly dull.  You spend most of your time crawling through corridors killing mutant frogs...lots of mutant frogs.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King
@buzz_clik said:
" @Video_Game_King: Cyborg Justice I can see an argument for either way -- it's definitely shoddy, but I still see something in it -- but you couldn't think of one more game worse than Black? Man, I loved that game and finished the shit out of it, including everything in Black Ops mode. You really hated it that much, huh? "
No, there's nothing I could think of worse than Black. I couldn't understand any of the story, and while I don't remember much else about it (a criticism in itself), I do remember not enjoying it much.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By EpicSteve
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#25  Edited By Soap
@Th3_James said:
" resistance 2, any FF game, any children focused game, most wii games, and shaq-fu "
Have you ever.... picked up a controller in your entire life? 

Resistance 2 is a good game, Final Fantasy games are some of the highest rated, best selling and most popular games of all time.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Mine would be, 

• Blast Corps (N64)
  • Tomb Raider (The very first one)
  • Quest 64 (N64)
  •  Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
  • Gun Boat (TurboGrafx-16)
allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By allprox  Online

Imagine: Babies/babyz
Imagine: Fashion designer
Imagine:dream wedding or wedding designer
Imagine: Interior designer
Imagine:teacher
Imagine: My secret world
Imagine: Fashion designer new york
Imagine: Animal doctor
Imagine: figure skater
imagine: fashion model
Imagine: champion rider
imagine: pet vet
   Imagine: Master chef
Imagine: Gymnast
Imagine: Rock Star
Imagine: Movie Star

Did you say 5... oh well.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Belonpopo
@OptimumNinja:
That I've played 

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 
Fusion Frenzy 
Mercenaries 2 
Ninjas vs Pirates dodgeball 
Extreme PaintBrawl
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By buzz_clik
@Video_Game_King said:

" No, there's nothing I could think of worse than Black. I couldn't understand any of the story, and while I don't remember much else about it (a criticism in itself), I do remember not enjoying it much. "

Oh, the story! Ha! I forgot it had those badly acted FMV things going on between all the shootering! Yeah, I had no idea what was going on either. Not a clue. And it didn't even intrigue me enough to look it up afterwards. Alls I knew is that the cut scenes were getting in the way of all the pew pew. And that bit I loved.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pie
@Soap said:
" @Th3_James said:
" resistance 2, any FF game, any children focused game, most wii games, and shaq-fu "
Have you ever.... picked up a controller in your entire life?   Resistance 2 is a good game, Final Fantasy games are some of the highest rated, best selling and most popular games of all time. "
Have you ever.... been on an online forum in your entire life?
(dudes a troll) :P
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#31  Edited By Soap
@Pie said:
" @Soap said:
" @Th3_James said:
Have you ever.... picked up a controller in your entire life?   Resistance 2 is a good game, Final Fantasy games are some of the highest rated, best selling and most popular games of all time. "
Have you ever.... been on an online forum in your entire life? (dudes a troll) :P "
I know I know, and usually I don't bite but..... damn, lol
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By habster3

@CornontheCobbe What is wrong with you?! Tomb Raider was awesome.

SpanxMcFranks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpanxMcFranks

These are the five worst that I have played and can currently remember in no particular order.

Superman 64
Dark Stone
Batman Forever (Gameboy)
Godzilla (Gameboy) 
Nightcaster: Defeat of Darkness

Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MeetThePyro
Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Solarus

I love seeing these topics, because people get so riled up by troll bait. It's like in Fighting game forums when people ask what's the worst tourney fighter ever. There's always a bunch of people who respond with Street Fighter 3 Third Strike and Soul Calibur, as though they'd rather play Tattoo Assassins or War Gods. Obviously it's the fast track to a 2,000 post topic.

Anyway, for my list, I can completely see where Penguindust got his list and could see myself agreeing with it. For me though, it's more like:

1. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing - It's so bad that it doesn't even have that "so bad it's funny" factor. At least When you play it yourself. Alex Navaro's review on GS was pure gold though.

2. Superman 64 - You know a game is bad when you can't get the color of the sky right and you're flying through rings for an entire level as a plot point.

3. Drake of the 99 Dragons - For a game that in screen-shots could at least seem mildly amusing, this game was unbelievably terrible. It was pretty much unplayable.

4.Plumbers don't wear ties - This blurs the line between video game and something I'd use as a Frisbee while wiping my ass with the packaging. 20 minute story-book with bad pictures and obvious photoshop fail = bad game.

5. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - The game's already famous enough for being bad. There's a landfill somewhere if you want a copy though.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FluxWaveZ
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By habster3

My list: 5. Okami (PS2)- Yeah, I know everyone liked it, and everyone will hate me for this, but I found the controls for the paintbrush busted, the voice chatter going along with the dialogue unbearable, and I just thought the game was way too Japanese, and I don't mind super-Japanese games. For example, I loved Shadow of the Colossus. I returned this game in less than an hour to Gamestop. 4. Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)- I bought this game just to see how bad it could be; worst mistake of my life. 3. Sonic Heroes (PS2)- TEAMWORK?! WHO CARES ABOUT TEAMWORK?! That is why this game sucks. 2. Shadow the Hedgehog (PS2)- Do I need to explain further just how bad Sonic games have been recently? 1. Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (PSP)- When I heard that the wii game was bad due to broken controls, I thought the psp version would be fine. I was wrong. This game has unbelievably small, short, and boring levels. And it was stripped of content from the other games!? No wonder I no longer have faith in this system.

EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EthanML
@Video_Game_King: Dude, how'd Devil Survivor get on there =[
mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mattysen
@Video_Game_King: How the hell can you hate Devil Survivor!?  

Anyway....I think this is covers all 5 slots.. 

Uhhhhhhhh
 Uhhhhhhhh
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheHBK

Superman 64.  Rented that with my brother.  I know that renting is cheap compared to buying and it serves a purpose in taking a chance on a game.  But damn, i felt so ripped off renting that game. Almost like the feeling you get from being raped in Peru.

Killzone 2.  I know people love it.  But when I bought it, I expected more.  The only real reason I wanted it was to see what it looked like.  But damn.  The weightiness of guns is not for games to try and imitate.  The characters were retarded.  Sgt. Sevchenko?  Fucking serious?  Just wanted to give the guy the name sev.  And then he is the one that makes the arrest at the end?  What the fuck?  Ok ok, but damn, fucking Rico needs to die, the enemies need to take less damage and not be so retarded.  The story sucked.  Unlike other games with not so deep but compelling stories (Halo, Gears, Uncharted) I really dont give a shit about what happens in the next one. Amazing graphics and lighting though.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Everybody who keeps questioning my hatred of Devil Survivor: 

The gameplay abhors strategy, it's ridiculously cruel, it freezes, the localization was crap, and half the bosses came with stupid limits (get him before he escapes, he can hit you wherever whenever) that often resulted in immediate game over (he escapes in 2 turns, you're dead in .34 turns).
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By l4wd0g
@Pie: 
I really didn't enjoy Resistance 2 all that much; however, I wouldn't say it's in my top 5 worst games ever. 

Resistance 2 made me realize that boss battle (in a FPS) are really a thing of the past.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#45  Edited By beargirl1
@Video_Game_King: dude.. black?! :( 
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Video_Game_King
@AjayRaz: 

Yes, Black. You have a better (worse) suggestion? Go look through my list and tell me which ones are worse than Black.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ryanwho

How long until people start naming competent yet popular games just to call attention to themselves?
Are we there yet?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ryanwho
@Tru3_Blu3 said:
" #5. Uncharted 2  #4. Half-Life2  #3. Halo: CE  #2. Assassin's Creed 2  #1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time "
Oh, there he is. Well hello there. This is me noticing you.
Citizenking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Citizenking
@Tru3_Blu3:  Haha, nice list.
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Th3_James
@Soap said:
" @Pie said:
" @Soap said:
" @Th3_James said:
Have you ever.... been on an online forum in your entire life? (dudes a troll) :P "
I know I know, and usually I don't bite but..... damn, lol "
:P there be no troll here