Your view of the current console race since launch?

• 179 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Obviously Sony was crushing it before launch but from someone who hasn't jumped on to the current gen of consoles, seems like Microsoft always had a better line-up of games. When I do buy a new console, I'll definitely get a PS4 but honestly, Sony in my view has not been doing that great. First party efforts, most ppl would agree, have been decent to bad but besides that, PS+ just hasn't been that great for quite some time. This month of course was pretty terrific but I didn't renew at the end of last year because month to month, their instant offerings were pretty weak. Also, weekly discount deals have been seriously lacking. Other than that, because they needed to have some cross compatibility across all the playstation platforms, I'm worried that the infrastructure of the ps network will always be hamstrung by outdated/bad design. Finally, UI is a major problem in all PS systems and I don't have much faith that they'll ever get it right. Sorry for the rant. I don't have the system so I'm probably making all kinds of wrong assumptions.

Like I said, I'll get a PS4 when I think the time is right cause I'm more of a sony guy but I'm wondering from more neutral ppl, how do you see the race now?

On a side note, I'm currently playing through tomb raider and I think it's a pretty big loss for sony. I'm not saying it's perfect, the uncharted moments, i think are particularly uninspired and boring but when it's doing its own thing, I'm having a ton of fun. I know GB was pretty cool on it but, all that PR stuff is so far in the distance that I think I'm playing it for what it is.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Since: the time after another period of time.

Sense: a faculty in which your body perceives outside stimulus or a feeling about something.

Anyway, PS4 still seems the most interesting to me. It has had the most interesting games since launch, and has games coming up I find most interesting (that I can't get on PC- console exclusives I guess I should say).

Neither really seem like good consoles, but there's certain console exclusives coming to PS4 that make it so I'll purchase one eventually. Otherwise I wouldn't buy either of them.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hatking

@cornbredx said:

Since: the time after another period of time.

Sense: a faculty in which your body perceives outside stimulus or a feeling about something.

Well, I see my work has been done for me.

EDIT: To not be a dick, I am one of the weirdos who was all over PS4 prior to launch and here it is in 2015 and I own an Xbox One and not a PS4. I'd say that's a job well done for the Xbox team.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Neither console has enough games to make them worth buying yet for someone like me who has a halfway decent (4-year-old) PC or better. The PS4 is especially lacking at the moment.

As we all know the Xone had a terrible pre-launch and then MS went into hyper aggressive mode to salvage the whole thing. I suppose we can be thankful for that because they have driven the price down quite a bit but on the other hand I do not have a lot of respect for just throwing money at something. (Granted, they also seem to be intent on making meaningful improvements.)

That being said if I had to buy either a PS4 or an Xone today I would buy a PS4. Just because of Bloodborne and The Last of Us Remastered. After all, hard exclusives are still the reason to buy a console.

I also still don't approve of having to keep paying to play online. Giving me free games as long as I stay a member will not placate me on that front either. I am very much against the idea of "games as a service".

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the PS4 is a superior console (though as a PC player I find myself wanting a Wii U most). Microsoft has been just making a mess of things until recently. Both consoles are under powered, but the Xbone even more so. They seem to be pushing games to come out of their first party devs before they're ready, have the indie launch parity clause, dropped kinect support, and I still don't understand how people value paying for Live when most games still use P2P. Then again Microsoft has tons of money they can throw at things. Microsoft as a company is completely willing to buy out a market from the competition so it will be a few years to see. Although the constant price drops aren't great signs, and the fact they lost money on the 360 which had come to light as being hidden by patent royalties.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@hassun: I think that is honestly the way games are going to go in the future. Not for awhile mind you but I think that is the eventual summit that the industry will reach. At least in the AAA games space.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Onemanarmyy

The only thing i would like to play on a console would be Bloodborne (probably, it could still be bad i guess). The console exclusives have been okay at best so far , so i don't feel i miss much. The majority of the games are on PC as well so that works out for me.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole generation has been incredibly weak so far for me. Having a high-end PC spoiled me at first which I guess is why the shine wore off on my PS4 earlier than expected. The only thing that's surprised me is that I've grown to like my Xbox One more and more and probably more than my PS4 because I'm getting more use out of the Kinect after my ladyfriend forced me to play Dance Central Spotlight.

Fantasia on Kinect isn't so bad either and judging by the first-party line-up I think I'm more inclined to like MS's games than Sony's. Only thing Sony has that grabs me is Uncharted so the PS4 basically being the third-party console this gen like the 360 was last gen is doing me zero favors when I'm almost always going to get the multiplatform game on PC

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JesusHammer

D4 is still my only reason for wanting an XBONE and that's pretty much dead. Meanwhile Bloodborne and SFV look amazing. Nothing the XBONE has coming has me excited besides maybe Scalebound, but that's still got nothing out there. Sony just looks to have the most promise. Also I like JRPGs and those aren't really an Xbox thing outside of a few weird cases.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both consoles are generally lackluster, and this "race" hasn't been very fast at all. There's just nothing in terms of exclusives that's appealing to me. It's sad really.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Neither console has decent exclusives to sway most people either way. PS4 is the superior console from a technical perspective. Bloodborne is out later this month, and may finally be the game the PS4 needs.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Corevi

PC>Wii U>Both current consoles, at least right now.

If I was forced at gunpoint to choose one of the two consoles I'd choose PS4 just because Disgaea 5 and a slightly better version of Persona 5, with the promise of more Atlus games.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I guess I can put it this way, I saved up enough money to buy one of them and a few games, and instead opted to get a new GPU for my PC instead after looking into them both a bunch.

There's just no games for either of them that seem even remotely interesting. It's all super generic stuff or more boring sequels. Anything interesting has a PC port and looks way better on PC anyway (I'll happily take Shadow of Mordor nearly maxed out at 1440p running at or near 60FPS on my PC over chugging along on consoles thank you). At this point the Wii U is more interesting than either of the two big consoles. Heck, the 3DS has had more interesting games in the last while than the PS4 or the Xbox One. I've put almost as many hours into my 3DS as I have into console games in the last year or two.

Both platforms appear to be severely underpowered for what they are trying to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the current consoles have been pretty underwhelming, at least for me. The Wii U probably least of all since it has a pretty nice selection of great exclusives.

I pretty much bought an Xbox One for MCC and because most of my friends either already had one or were planning on getting one. MCC is still broken, and I rarely even talk to my friends on Xbox anymore, so... yeah. Not to say I totally regret it as I know the games will come and when they do, I won't have to worry about missing them due to not owning the system to play them on, though if I could turn back time, I would have invested that money into my PC and gotten some better parts.

The only games I'm even remotely interested in on PS4 are basically enhanced ports of games I could play on PS3. Sony has really dropped the ball for me as far as their first party stuff goes.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Both are slow with exclusives, but I expect things to pick up as they always do. I have a ton of multiplatform games on them due to my lack of a great PC. I have more new games to play than ever before.

So I'm happy with the consoles, in short.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Quantris

Both consoles have their good points but I've yet to jump in on either of them yet. I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting a PS4 eventually (since I have PS+ on PS3 already). Currently have a PC, PS3, WiiU, and 3DS, and not enough time to stay ahead of my backlog (which stretches back at least as far as Killer7 on GC).

I do feel that there's not much especially compelling on either PS4 or Xbox One (given that I've got a decent PC, and hope to upgrade *that* in the next few months). Probably the only exception to date is D4 (love SWERY) but there's no way I'd feel justified in getting an Xbox just for that. But I won't be able to keep from playing KH3 or FFXV (assuming it is half as good as what we've seen so far suggests)...though I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the latter would see a PC release.

EDIT: all those in this thread saying they want a WiiU, I would recommend going for it (especially if you can find a deal for ~250 or equivalent-value bundle). There are several must-have games on there now; I haven't regretted it in the least even though there aren't many third parties on board. And I'm even hopeful that they'll continue to court some interesting indie games on to the system.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshwent

If the only thing setting either apart is which company wasted the most money on forcing what ever devs to limit the audience of their game to their console... we're all fucked.

I'm broke, so I have neither one, but MS still just seems desperate. And them waving their bank roll schlong around to swipe up potentially cool games like Tomb Raider 2, makes me really grossed out. After their pre-launch orwellian bullshit, their post-launch sabotage of Kinect, and their speedy but still not that competative price drop, they just feel like the really popular jock who got way too drunk at their own "parents are on a cruise to get away from me" house party and shit his pants but he was too drunk to notice and still tried to make out with a bunch of people but then smelled the poo in his pants which made him puke on the person trying to avoid his gropes and then passed out and a goth guy stole his parent's TV and then the other popular kids at school stopped hanging out with them.

Sony has Adam Boyes.

'Nuff said.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By mike

@ben_h said:

I guess I can put it this way, I saved up enough money to buy one of them and a few games, and instead opted to get a new GPU for my PC instead after looking into them both a bunch.

Same here. I would like to thank Microsoft and Sony, thanks to their underpowered consoles I opted to skip both entirely. It's been great.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Well, I imagine for the casual audience that things seem pretty fuckin awesome regardless of which console you own. For the hardcore audience, specifically those who also game on PC, I would imagine that things seem pretty lackluster.

For me personally, I'm fine with where the consoles are at the moment. I do wish there were more exclusives, but the ones we've had have been pretty great for the most part and things look like they're only going to continue to pick up in the near future.

Oh, and I really wish Sony would step it up when it comes to updates and features, both big and small. In my opinion, Microsoft is just shittin all over them. Pinning apps/games, custom wallpapers, MKV support, suspend/resume games (how is everyone seemingly just glossing over this?), and a bunch of other nice little touches here and there. As an overall package, as in both a snazzy media and games device, I think MS handily takes the edge.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20 chaser324  Moderator

I'm sure a lot of people would look at the hardware specs and global sales numbers and say that the PS4 has pulled well ahead of the Xbox One, but the bottom line is that neither platform has really done all the much to distinguish itself as a definitive market leader. I've personally found a lot of the Xbox One exclusives more interesting (Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2), but it's still questionable whether or not they're enough to justify the cost of entry.

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple...I'm glad that I'm a PC gamer and always have been..... I do own some consoles (PS3, GameBoy, DS, 3DS) but only for games I could not get on PC.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HH

both seem to be doing just fine.

Darkest Dungeon is the only game that has pulled me away from my ps4 since i got it last October, otherwise i've felt no need to go back to my pc or older consoles, the games look great, run great, and present no hassle whatsoever.

on the down side i could do with some more customization options for the UI, also this whole connect with facebook shit has to go, society can do whatever it likes but allow me to leave my games machine out of it, wasting space with notifications to no-one about what i'm playing, it's insultingly patronizing and pointless and sad, a bit like those avatar things on the 360 last time, wtf was that all about?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone with a gaming PC and MGS5 coming to PC, very unlikely that I'll be getting a current-gen console anytime soon. Probably will eventually get a PS4, but that's years from now, when there are enough exclusives to justify the buy. Currently it's only Bloodborne and Persona 5, PS4 version.

Overall though, I feel as though Nintendo is currently ahead when it comes to the amount of major exclusives, despite being way behind in Wii U hardware sales. Both PS4 and Xbox One are going to find their legs this year, with some really major games (from my perspective) finally coming out.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I own a WiiU. I could not own a WiiU and I wouldn't feel like I'm really missing out on much just yet. I bought the system about a month before the PS4 came out.

I bought a PS4 at launch and I don't really regret. Could I have lived without it? Sure, but I've put in a ton of time on the system so far and have really enjoyed it.

I bought an Xbone at Christmas and I could not own an Xbox One and I'd be OK. I think that of the three I'd let my Xbox One go before the other two. I honestly think this system is a mess and I've actually made sure not to get games for it. I assume the next game I buy for the system will be Halo 5 though my wife might want to get Dance Central so there is that.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Both systems aren't much more powerful than last time, a significant portion of their power is reserved for features only a small percent need, and increasingly grandiose dashboard menu systems. Live from PS, for instance, only has like 100-200 streamers at any given time, and the majory are the same group of peaople that stream everyday trying to become YouTube famous. so dedicating that much power to recording gameplay, while those 200 folks would've most likely bought a hauppage DVR seems like a waste. People really don't need another Netflix Hulu player. The fact that Roku does so much more, or Apple TV, means people who even would wish their game system was an all in one last device needed type thing would use the Netflix built into the Roku instead.

Oh and where are the games? SHOW ME THE MONEY

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By geirr

Taking my own experience with the PS4 so far, and how I've never seen a particularly happy headline regarding the newest consoles (sans WiiU) - They kinda all seem like garbage fueled by broken dreams to me.

Still looking forward to Bloodborne though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

If I were to buy a current gen console right now, it would be a Wii U.

This is coming from someone who, for quite a while, wasn't too sure if Nintendo was going to really keep pulling through. But right now, the Wii U has more and better exclusives available. Outside of Bloodborne, there's nothing I feel I need to buy Sony's or MS's console for.

If I were somehow forced to pick between the Xbone and the PS4, I'd choose - and this is kinda painful to say - the Xbone. All that bullshit, all those stupid things they were trying to show off when they announced their console, all of that used games and online DRM shit really pushed me away from the console, but the PS4 has Bloodborne and might have a version of Persona 5 that's significantly better than the PS3 version. The Xbox One has Forza Horizon 2, it's getting Halo 5 and has the Master Chief collection, it's a little cheaper, they got rid of the Kinect and the shit that pushed me away in the first place seems to have disappeared.

But really, I'm not buying either. I'd like to buy a Wii U soon - not quite yet, but soon enough. If console exclusives keep trickling out at a snail's pace and everything continues to come to the PC, then I'll put that money toward a new graphics card and play whatever I missed at the end of the console generation.

So few of the big, expensive, new titles aren't interesting at all anyway.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By Sergio

Wii U is the best console in the current console race, but I doubt many people would actually take that seriously. I picked up a PS4 at the beginning of 2014 and an Xbox One at the end. Of the two, the PS4 was the better purchase. I got the Xbox One because it was a crazy special that I doubt Microsoft could actually do better, unless they really screw the pooch this year.

I have Sunset Overdrive and D4 for Xbox One. I found the former not very fun, but I'm still early. There are no games beyond those two in the foreseeable future that I'm interested in. I have a backlog of games on the PS4, with more that I'm interested in coming out. Some of that backlog is of course third-party, but I'd rather play multiplatform games using the DS4 instead of the Xbox One controller. Seriously, how does one go backwards from the 360 controller to the one they have now?

With the exception of the Vita (didn't own a PSP), the PS UIs have been better than what Xbox has offered. I guess some people just like the Fisher-Price look that Microsoft goes for these days instead.

S3v3nS1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own a Xbox One and a Wii U and I've barely played both. I kind of feel like I wasted my money on them. There's been very few games released on them so far and most of those were available on last gen, PC or were panned so I kind of wish I had waited and maybe picked them up a few years down the line when there's more games and maybe a price drop or redesign or bundle or something.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By discomposure

I've not gone current gen yet either, like you when I do it'll almost certainly be with a PS4 - well, unless Xbone gets some exclusives I can't ignore. The games are the most important thing to me by far, when either has enough non-cross-gen games I want then I'll be happy to get one, even if I don't really see either as being much of an improvement over their last gen counterparts. I'm not interested in most of the peripheral stuff at all, as long as they play games I want and can play blurays/dvds/netflix then I'm good.

I just think its too early to say much, neither Xbone or PS4 have that many games I'm interested in and the ones I am interested in are multiplatform anyway. For me the only 'must have' current gen game is Dragon Age Inquisition and I've got that on PS3, I honestly think it's pretty much the only game that could've 'forced' me to get a current gen console quicker if it was current-gen exclusive. The WiiU has a great catalog but I'm not a massive nintendo fan, atm I play on my sisters WiiU & while I do enjoy it I'm not sure if I'll get my own one when I eventually move out.

I can easily see it being another year or two until I enter this generation. I'm fine with this, by the time I get one there should be plenty of games out that I want for a nice price. I still have some last gen games I want to play so it's not like I'm just sitting here waiting for games to materialize.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By Humanity

Interesting to see people in 2015 still wear their lack of console use as a badge of pride - or common sense as I'm sure they would call it.

Now that some time has passed we can see that some things never change. Microsoft keeps steadily updating their system, adding new features and tweaking the interface. Sony while swept up in overwhelmingly positive sales became instantly just as arrogant as they were at the beginning of the last generation and have managed to do very little with their system, outright failing in some cases. I own a PS4 and I don't necessarily regret the purchase, but I'm disappointed that the team at Sony is still just as slow to innovate as they were last gen. The much tauted suspend mode isn't even on the horizon yet and several aspects of the XMB could use some serious refinement. There is a "big" update coming soon so we will see what that brings.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the exclusives have not been great on ps4, as a console I'm very happy with it. PS+ games have giving me 100's of hours of playtime, the UI is smooth as silk even when you're doing stuff like Shareplay and games generally run without any problems.

While it's totally fair to be dissapointed in the lack of exclusives and the number of AAA games launching broken, compared to the clusterfuck the start of the last generation was, these consoles are a hundred times more reliable, better running and fully featured. The games will come eventually, having a well build and reliable machine from the get go, is at least as important.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thus far. Playstation 4 is alright, still lacking a killer app.

Nintnedo Wii U is somehow the worst console in the world ever despite having the best games this generation. It takes some next level fucking up to make that the case, dat library should be a cause of celebration.... but instead the WiiU manages to be terrible.

The XboxOne is the PS4 with a slightly stronger line up but some how manages to be worse.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

'I told you so', pretty much.

Everyone was jumping on the PS4 just because it didn't require an online connection. When they rolled it back, people said 'the damage has been done' and 'this is the first time a generation has been decided before it even started'. I'll never forget how stupidly people reacted to this with statements like these. Completely ignoring the fact that Sony barely had any exclusive games to show, while Xbox had their entire briefing dedicated to it. Ignoring how Sony's online services were less than optimal before, where Microsoft's were rocksteady.

Here we are. Where PS4's online service has been not working regularly every 2-3 months, during which online purchased games often do not work because the servers are down and it 'can't find your rights to play the game'. Meanwhile, the only time Xbox Live was down was during the hacking over christmas, and they actually got their servers back up and running within 2 days. PSN took nearly a week to get it back up, even though the attacks stopped days prior to this.

That's all added to the fact that the Xbox has more games for it. As shown before and as is being realized right now.

So yeah, I told you so. Don't get me wrong, I like my PS4, but the ridiculous bashing of the Xbox and insane praise of the PS4 was more than unjustified.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think both PS4 and Xbox1 are a bit lackluster when it comes to raw performance. That being said I think they are priced pretty well for what they offer. They both really need to have a better software lineup though as it seems we've seen disappointment after disappointment so far. In any case I won't be buying either until they have build up a large enough library of exclusive titles I actually want to buy. I have both a PS2 and PS3 that I bought at he end of their respective life cycles. This way I have saved a lot on the actual games. I imagine things won't be different for this generation.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

That's all added to the fact that the Xbox has more games for it. As shown before and as is being realized right now.

That's actually not what a fact is.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mems1224

I was pretty set on getting a PS4 early last year because of all the hype but there was nothing interesting to justify a purchase. Then E3 came and their conference severely underwhelmed while MS's impressed me more. Then this past holiday the xbone had a pretty good lineup of games already available. Throw in the price drop and free games bundled and that made the choice pretty easy for me. Might pick up a PS4 a few years down the line once it gets a price drip, new console revision and some better games. For now Im sticking to Xbone and PC and getting a WiiU sometime this year.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BSw

I still haven't purchased a current gen console because of the small amount of interesting games for them, but it's starting to get interesting now. Since the One with Sunset Overdrive is currently the equivalent of $300 and the PS4 without anything the equivalent of $380, the One is currently more attractive. That comes on top of the battery time of the DS4, which I very much dislike. I'm waiting to see how Bloodborne turns out before making a decision.

Interestingly, I never seriously considered the Wii U before reading this topic. Nintendo's line-up is of course very strong, especially regarding games I can play with my girlfriend. I might actually go for that instead and just keep my 360 on the side for the time being.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I periodically grow tempted to pick up a PS4, but then I see my stack of unstarted PS3 games that are easily keeping my game time filled with decent experiences and put it off again. I live in Korea and WiiU and Xbone aren't even an option. WiiU Korean release date has been pushed back indefinitely, is region locked and costs too much to import to be worth it. And Xbone finally came here a year later than everywhere else and costs $200 more than the PS4 which came out here the same time as everywhere else and has already had a couple of price drops. The market here is saturated by mobile and PC games and always has been. The PS2/Xbox and Wii/PS3/360 generations made some progress, but aside from a few people picking up PS4s, it looks like this generation is already a failure here. The rampant piracy doesn't help I'm sure.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have had my PS4 since launch and I love it. I wasn't planning on jumping in so soon but my girlfriend asked which one I preferred and I said PS4 so she pre ordered it for my bday. A lot of my friends also seem to be going the Sony route this time when picking up a new console. I honestly can't tell you the reason why but that is where I am at mostly these days so I am happy. Even if I didn't get a PS4 day one I would have went with them anyways.

Sure their "exclusive" line up right now hasn't been that great but looking down the road I rather play Bloodborne, No Mans Sky, Until Dawn, Uncharted 4 and Persona mother fucking 5 rather than another Gears of War or Halo. I might pick up a One when Quantum Break or Cuphead comes out but I don't know. I'm starting to hear that Cuphead might be coming to other consoles too so if that is the case I will do my best to wait. I've never been into racing games really so I could care less for Forza, I've never liked the Dead Rising series and about time Sunset Overdrive came out I was about burned out with open world games.

PC gaming I run hot and cold on. Been console gaming all my life and I just love coming home kicking my shoes off, sit in front of the tv and go. Never really seen the point to make the jump until maybe Star Citizen comes out. I know a lot of people say WiiU but i haven't liked a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. I'm not the biggest Mario or Zelda fan these days and the rest of their titles I'm kind of "meh" on also. I honestly don't know what happened. I just know some years back my Nintendo switch turned to off and I haven't cared enough about them to pick up their consoles on my own.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony does need to get their shit together with updates. I really want to be able to customize my own bar maybe have different folders or something. I would also like to remove stuff from my library. I can see that thing being a pain down the road.There is no need for a Destiny Beta, Destiny Alpha and FFXIV beta being in there since the games are now out.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fredchuckdave

It's like 70/30 right now, might eventually close to like 60/40 at some point in the future (probably at least 3 or 4 years).

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see it as a three-way tie for distant second place.

Kane_233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underwhelming.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Very dissapointing consoles. This is certainly the longest into a generation I have yet to buy one of the three active consoles. I'm usually a day one with at least one of the consoles. My PC gaming was waning at the start of last gen but I got back into it later and now that's how I'm playing games. The consoles haven't given me a reason to get one.

PS4 looks like the best machines but I don't have any interest in any of its exclusives. Xbox has a couple good looking exclusives and a few on the horizon but not enough to move the needle for me. Interested to see how Quantum Break and Halo turn out. QB, if it's good, is the game that'd make me get a console. Bloodborne is an interesting one too. I have some interest in the Souls games and it looks like tt's faster pace is something that could work for me. We will see.

Frankly though, I just have a "just come to PC" feel with all these. I feel kind of done with console gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

So yeah, I told you so. Don't get me wrong, I like my PS4, but the ridiculous bashing of the Xbox and insane praise of the PS4 was more than unjustified.

This is a bit of an unfair assessment; it was perfectly justified at the time. The Ps4 was just the objectively better deal at the beginning of all this. That the Ps4 has wasted its potential over the last year doesn't really make that no longer true.

The state of the Ps4 has been immensely disappointing though. I'm sick of their constant infrastructure maintenance, I'm tired of the exclusives consistently being clunkers. Is it the better console all things being equal? For me, a person that doesn't play multiplayer games all that often and prefers using discs instead of digital purchases, and it being more powerful, sure. But the Xbox is cheaper now, its infrastructure rock solid, its media apps less scammy than they used to be, and its exclusives at least less dull.

@humanity said:

Interesting to see people in 2015 still wear their lack of console use as some sort of badge of pride - or common sense as I'm sure they would call it.

Console warring is practically a crime and console port begging incredibly frowned on, yet flaunt how you only have a PC and how you just want everything to come to PC and it's not nearly as ostracized as it deserves being.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the weakest console generation thus far for me. Coupled with the fact the PC gets so many more ports than it did at the start of last gen, the PS4 and xbone are hard for me to justify purchasing. the Wii U is a hot turd of a console but it has increible games so I picked that up a few months ago and have have enjoyed that immensely.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By winsord

I thought for sure I would own a PS4 before an Xbox One, but it ended up not being true. The generalized media direction Microsoft was pushing things at E3 before the Xbox One came out, as well as just their complete cluelessness as to what people wanted before they pulled the 180 on a lot of their policies, I wasn't sure if I would ever buy an Xbox One. My 360 had been sitting stagnant for a almost a year (outside of Rock Band), whilst all the meanwhile I was playing a bunch of JPRGs, PS2 classics and SRPGs on my PS3, as well as GT6 almost daily. At the time, the only exclusives Microsoft had that I really cared about were Forza and Halo, but I wasn't even all that interested in playing a Halo 5.

Late last year though, I took a look at the lineups for both platforms and the Xbox One was beating out the PS4 handily for my interests. Sunset Overdrive, The Masterchief Collection, Forza 5, and Horizon 2 were all games that I wanted to play immediately, and I'm still looking forward to Cuphead, Ori and the Blind Forest, Forza 6, Phantom Dust (though that sounds like it's dead), and I'm a little interested in playing a new Gears of War or Halo game. With Microsoft putting an end to the Kinect-only SKUs, I went and picked up the Sunset Overdrive White Xbox One bundle, and I've been really happy with it.

Sony hadn't really had anything going for them for a long time, and even still the games I'm interested in playing there aren't actually out yet. Bloodborne, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, GT7 and Yakuza 6 (if that comes to exist in English) are the only games for me right now, and I couldn't even play any of those right now if I had a PS4. I'm sure I'll still get a PS4 down the line, if I'm lucky then it'll be in time for Persona 5, but right now it's just not a very compelling platform to me.

Both consoles continue to kind of bum me out, though. Neither of them can even handle parties and group matchmaking as well as the Xbox 360 was able to in 2007.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@marokai: I do agree with @zevvion that the initial reaction to the xbox had been hyperbolic. The always online thing wasn't even that huge a deal in the long run. In fact you can hardly tell the difference since when PSN was down for all of christmas a lot of people complained that they couldn't play their games, because most games are just that online heavy these days. The one disappointing thing is that the XB1 continues to underperform in cross platform games, something that is unfortunately a big deal to me. I was watching an Evolve video comparison and at one point the trees on the XB1 version just looked atrocious. I know how that sounds, oh boohoo not the trees! But honestly it does matter when the competition has better looking assets.

I also agree with you that the PS4 has been disappointing in many ways and I'm not even talking about the games themselves since thats one thing Sony actually doesn't have any control over. When I was playing Destiny regularly with friends, people from all across the globe, everyone had the same issues of messages taking forever to reach anyone, party chat dropping people, breaking, or blocking off audio because of Nat errors. The cross media bar sucked on the PS3 and it manages to be actually even worse on PS4. Everything is incredibly bloated for whatever reason. I'm on a nearly 60" TV and I can only view 5 achievements in a row? What? Why is everything so big? If you have to account for people playing on 15" monitors then for goodness sake add some scaling options.

I could go on but overall it has been a really rough time for both of these new consoles. Not sure why we all had such incredibly high hopes this time around when every single console launch had been a shitshow for the first 2 years, but waiting months on end for a single game to come out and then it turns out to be another disappointment is getting really tiresome.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that is tempting me to buy a current gen console is Bloodborne, and since I'm not exactly the wealthiest person at the moment, I probably can't justify buying a ps4 for only 1 game.