Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Ryan  Staff
The movie started out well enough...
A little editorial here: I like to think that I'm generally pretty good about managing my expectations when it comes to film adaptations. I understand that you have to accept certain creative sacrifices to get stuff like video games and comic books up onto the big screen, so as long as it's still entertaining, I'm willing to look past the unnecessary love interest or the organic web-spinners.

Sometimes, though, it just goes too far, and while X-Men Origins: Wolverine certainly had its issues, what really stuck in my craw was what they did to Deadpool. Not to get too spoilery here, but it basically flies in the face of everything that makes the chatty mercenary such a compelling character in the first place, and it certainly makes the talk of an upcoming Deadpool movie spin-off a little confusing.

So it brings me great joy to hear, via IGN, that Deadpool, the real Deadpool, will be returning as a playable character in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. This isn't an official announcement from Activision, though the evidence--an ad that came with X-Men Origins: Wolverine prominently featuring Deadpool--is compelling enough. I thought the first game capitalized on his wise-cracker personality well, and with the heavier Civil War story line anchoring the sequel, it sounds like it might benefit from a little comic relief.

Deadpool joins Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Storm, Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Hulk, Green Goblin, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Songbird as playable MUA2 characters revealed thus far.
Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ryan  Staff
A little editorial here: I like to think that I'm generally pretty good about managing my expectations when it comes to film adaptations. I understand that you have to accept certain creative sacrifices to get stuff like video games and comic books up onto the big screen, so as long as it's still entertaining, I'm willing to look past the unnecessary love interest or the organic web-spinners.

Sometimes, though, it just goes too far, and while X-Men Origins: Wolverine certainly had its issues, what really stuck in my craw was what they did to Deadpool. Not to get too spoilery here, but it basically flies in the face of everything that makes the chatty mercenary such a compelling character in the first place, and it certainly makes the talk of an upcoming Deadpool movie spin-off a little confusing.

So it brings me great joy to hear, via IGN, that Deadpool, the real Deadpool, will be returning as a playable character in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. This isn't an official announcement from Activision, though the evidence--an ad that came with X-Men Origins: Wolverine prominently featuring Deadpool--is compelling enough. I thought the first game capitalized on his wise-cracker personality well, and with the heavier Civil War story line anchoring the sequel, it sounds like it might benefit from a little comic relief.

Deadpool joins Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Storm, Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Hulk, Green Goblin, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Songbird as playable MUA2 characters revealed thus far.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

Good to see Wade Wilson will be in Ultimate Alliance 2. Although considering he features in the Civil War story arc I would have been shocked if he wasn't included in the game. Hell even just for his basic popularity alone he should be added into the game anyway :P

Redfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Redfield

Well, if the game HADN'T had Deadpool I would have been seriously pissed. It was the first MUA that made me realize how awesome he is :)

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kennybaese

I played as Deadpool a lot in the first MUA game. Really liked the way he handled. The wisecracks were good too.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SpinCookie

You guys love keyword stuffing.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Death_Burnout

Deadpool rips! stuck with him all through what i played of the first too.

And oh...my...God, is that really the X-Men Origins version? Good Grief!

Damotello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Damotello

Agreed, I liked Wolverine but Deadpool had fuck all resemblance to his comic counterpart. NERD RAGE!

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By GobiasIndustries

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i605e3e8798d54f48b4640209b868af46

Unfortunately, they're making a Deadpool movie now.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MKHavoc

A lot of people would have been upset if he weren't in the game. 

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Deadpool was my favorite Character in the original MUA. I will use him once again in the sequel.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#11  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Still hopin' for my boys Cable and Annex. 

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MAST

Well, at the end of the Wolverine: Origins movie, there is a hidden scene at the end of the credits where Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) actually walks up to what you "though" was Deadpool, finishes the thing off, then looks at the camera and says "What the hell was that thing supposed to be?"

So, essentially they could make a movie and say that the "Deadpool" at the end of the Wolverine movie wasn't actually the real Deadpool (Wade Wilson).

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheKidNixon

Deadpool in MUA was easily the character I played the most. Between his ability to attack from long range, teleport AND have regenerating health? Yeah, he was pretty handy to have around. In fact, I kinda defeated Doom and his cloned minions at the end of the game with 'Pool alone, as the rest of my team was dropped almost immediately.

And yes, if Cable is also in this game, then great rejoicing will occur as comic's greatest pair can team up again.

Nyahnyah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Nyahnyah

*Spoilers*

Yeah I really wasn't enjoying the way they used Deadpool in the movie, he's there as Deadpool for about 5 minutes and then he gets thrown away until the end where he's a completely different character.
spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By spiceninja

He was in the first game so I fully expected him to be in this one too. I expect everyone from the first game (including the DLC characters) will be in MUA 2.

XaiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By XaiaX
Well, at the end of the Wolverine: Origins movie, there is a hidden scene at the end of the credits where Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) actually walks up to what you "though" was Deadpool, finishes the thing off, then looks at the camera and says "What the hell was that thing supposed to be?"

Not in the version I saw. It showed Wolverine getting tanked in Japan, bar wench asks him if he's drinking to forget, and he says, "No, to remember."

You are a dirty pirate. :p

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheKidNixon
***SPOILARZ!!!***

XaiaX
said:
"

Not in the version I saw. It showed Wolverine getting tanked in Japan, bar wench asks him if he's drinking to forget, and he says, "No, to remember."

You are a dirty pirate. :p

"
ACTUALLY, there are two different prints of the film. One has the Japan ending, one has the "Deadpool is alive" ending. The midnight showing I went to had the latter, so it DID make it to the silver screen.
Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Dreamfall31

They did kinda mess him up in the latter half of the movie, but the short scene at the beginning was really cool and showed a bit of his comical side.  Hopefully the Deadpool movie will be good.  But I am definately happy that MUA2 will have him in it!

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought that they would consider not putting him in, that would have been blasphemous, almost as much what they did to him in the movie. 

Good news anyway, I'm kinda excited for MUA2, with it focusing on Civil War, and if they have an awesome cast like MUA did it'll be awesome.
Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Media_Master

goood news

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

whoever wrote the script to X-Men Origins: Wolverine deserves to be slowly tortured and then be-headed.

Vect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vect

I liked Deadpool in the first Ultimate Alliance game. He definitely was one of the big parts of the game. Wonder if he'd have any combo attacks with other characters like the other characters would (Likely one with Wolvie where they just leap around and cut fools up or one with Cable where they take out guns and blast apart enemies).

The movie one was pretty screwed up, though that extra scene does supposedly make things up only by the smallest margin. If they're going to make a Deadpool movie, it has to be at the least an Action Comedy.

taco484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By taco484

yea, I was totally bummed by his treatment in the second half of the wolverine movie...

Im very glad to see him return in MUA2, as well as the inclusion of Iron Fist...

Now to get Cable confirmed!! pretty sure I saw him in one of the trailers!

InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By InFamous91

I had the crappy secret ending for X-Men Origins....I didn't really enjoy the movie (also being a huge x-men fan) and they didn't promote Deadpool as much(also hearing that they're making a spin-off of deadpool) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this make me angry

but i guess thats great news that deadpool is in the alliance

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#25  Edited By Spiritof

So you're actually trying to tell me that the Deadpool in MUA2 ISN'T going to have laser beams coming out of his eyes, huge swords for arms, AND his mouth sewed shut?

No Caption Provided

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#27  Edited By mike
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By jakob187
MB said:
"jakob187 said:
"If that wasn't enough, Variety and others are reporting that a Deadpool spin-off film is already in the works with Reynolds reprising his role.

I'm officially psyched."
I just don't understand how any Deadpool fan could be excited about Reynolds playing the role, especially after seeing the laughably poor job he did in Origins."
I've always dug Ryan Reynolds, ever since I first saw him when Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place was on TV.  He's good at delivering dry humor.  Honestly, you cannot EVEN try to blame his portrayal of the role on HIM!  Did you HEAR the dialogue?  That script was absolutely WRETCHED!!!

Plus, he's a die-hard Deadpool fan...so if someone gave him the chance and made it a REAL Deadpool type of movie...I'm more than positive he would be perfect for it.
superwaynex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By superwaynex

ive seen the movie he may look cool but the old deadpool is so much better

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By Ineedaname

For a first post that's an epic bump.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ahriman22

*ahem*....
DEADPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!

Now that that's out of the way, it';s awesome to see him in MUA2, he was my favourite (If that isn't obvious enough) in the first one.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zityz

Like others I'm glad he's in the game. Now all they need to do is put in Cable, Bishop and Rouge and I got my team set!