Explain your Giant Bomb username and avatar image!

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Mine is from a line from the Red vs Blue machinima. Not watched any from season 5 onwards though...

SJQPersonal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's me + Personal.

Picture is me.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My username is the username (in different variations) I've used since the late 90s, and I don't really remember why I started using it. My avatar is of Larry David because Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm are two of the best shows ever.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#154  Edited By poisonjam7

@fyrtail: nice!! I love Shirokuma Cafe!

@razielrioux: Damn right she is!!

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name is Nick.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minutemen.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technician - One of many nicknames I got in high school. The name is a reference to the song "Come Clean" by Jeru the Damaja.

My avatar is the cover of the album Ancient Future by UK rapper Cyrus Malachi. In my opinion it was 2011's best hip hop album. I think the cover looks cool and I'm a big hip hop fan, so I chose it as my avatar.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

One Kill Wonder is the third album by Swedish thrash legends The Haunted, and 99 is a song by them, although from a different record. My avatar is the logo for the Swedish band Soilwork. I like Swedish metal. A lot.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By Wacomole

In the simplest of terms, it neatly ties together my love of graphics and games with my nickname using a bastardization of the game "Whack-a-mole"

I also I get hit a lot in multiplayer FPS games, so there's that too.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BBOYS 2231. My brother, friend and I all shared an xbox 360 gold account when we first got the system. Our last name is Buckley, his was Blanchard. We started calling ourselves the "B-Boys". So we settled on that (come to find out it's actually a thing for break dancers). My brother's birthday is on Feb 22, mine's Dec 31. I picked Mario because it's the first game I ever played way back in the day when I was two ('89), and I guess it's a reminder that somewhere out there is my Princess Peach :)

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Old joke/nickname I picked up before high school. It's always been available on every site I've tried, so sticking with it makes it easy for me to not spread out on too many names. Besides, I'm attached to the name at this point.

As for the avatar. I used a chibi drawing of Auron from FFX for like 7 years, then between early 2012 and late 2014 I switched avatars every two weeks or so. This cutesy Mirana with a cat one is probably gonna be a close to permanent fixture now though. No reason other than it's light on the eyes, distinctive and non-offensive for my less comfortable skype/steam contacts. lol

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am aware that my avatar is a shitty looking hat.

I am not willing to divulge further information.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I am a huge Nine Inch Nails fan, Pinion is the first track on the album Broken so TheBrokenPinion and MGS is my favorite game so ya lol. Wish I had a more personal Avatar tho not just one from google kinda boring.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the manga series Battle Angel Alita and its main character. I cut the picture from one of the later volumes.

Ezekiel is my middle name and I like it.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Armaan is my name, 8014 is a random number i attach in case Armaan is already taken.

I loved the original Fable, so that's my avatar. It looks pretty sweet if I say so myself :P

fezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#166  Edited By fezz

My friend shortened my last name to Fezz and it stuck. My avatar is just a picture of Pikachu I like.

tiffanytryhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nickname I got on my high school basketball team for going a little too hard in practice and almost injuring a teammate.

Avatar is a famous and hilarious frame from Samurai Cop. Sadly, I could not fit all of the enormous lion head in with the actress' face.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

Got my nickname from a random name generator and stuck with it.

My profile is a picture of my favorite pro wrestler Finn Balor.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Hadoken101

My name was just something I pulled out of thin air when I was like 12, "I like Street Fighter and the 101 is like a basic course in school".

As for my avatar it's the logo for wrestling show Lucha Underground, it's kind of amazing:

No Caption Provided

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

My username and current avatar is billmcneal after Bill McNeal, the character played by Phil Hartman in the show "NewsRadio."

jjoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my username is the same username I made up for a game called adventure quest worlds. my picture is for my fave game carecter of all time, silver the hedgehog

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was an AIM screenname back in high school. I was (and am) a huge Soundgarden fan, and it seemed like a good idea to my teenage mind. Too late to change now, I guess.

Loading Video...

As for my avatar, Pignite is a wrestlng pig that breathes fire. That is one badass Pokemon.

No Caption Provided
rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By rand0mZer00

I'm a fan of Ryan Dunn and one of his nicknames was Random Hero. So, combined it into one, changed hero into zero, put an actual 0 at the end and bam! My avatar is the logo for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Username basically comes from a Fast Show sketch.

Loading Video...

Avatar is simply Tintin and Snowy, cause why the hell not.

LordAmpersand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By LordAmpersand

Lord Ampersand sounds like the sort of name a Lord of the Internets would have.

Are you impressed?

I thought so.

My avatar is known to those who are worthy of its knowing. He is a king of bikers.

Yeah, when I think of Maureen, I think of two things: asphalt... and trouble.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scrawnto is sort of a play on Squanto and scrawny. I'm not in any way Native American, but I am definitely scrawny. It was originally the name of an undead priest I made in World of Warcraft. That priest never made it past level 30, but I'm still using the name online.

My avatar is a drawing by Anthony Clark, who is my favorite cartoonist.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been meaning to get my username changed since I just use my real name everywhere now (I'm tired of coming up with different usernames), but Chango means monkey in Spanish, which was, for better or worse, my nickname growing up. And my avatar image is just a picture of Toshiro Mifune from Red Beard. I'll keep using Mifune avatars until I stop being lazy draw that portrait I keep putting off.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Rafaelfc

Username is based on my name.

Avatar is Spiderman, little known super hero

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

For the name, I wanted to come up with something really stupid, but not in a juvenile way. Based on Brad's reaction to my name on the Breaking Bradborne stream, I think I succeeded.

My avatar is an edit of a hilarious drawing of what some Deviant Art user calls "Sanic." I simply made it brown and gave it eyes. I think it's an accurate portrayal of what my name is.

My avatars elsewhere consist of Domo's face being photoshopped onto chibi anime girls because I think that's funny.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used this name ever since I first got XBL way back on the original xbox, used it near everywhere since and it feels wrong if I don't have it.

Avatar is just some Holo, because Holo is obviously one of the best girls.

hott8bitaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used this name when I first got an Xbox live account, has stuck around ever since. Avatar is may fiance and me sitting on a bench while waiting for class to start.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Willza92

My name, something cool to add to the end of my name to make it edgy or something, my year of birth (because Willza01-Willza91 were taken) and then I really, really, really like Nine Inch Nails.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Username is my first name backwards because it stuck as a nickname years back. Numbers that follow are a combination of varying interests/odd coincidences.

Avatar is from the GBeast QL of Cabela's African Adventures because that fucking face still makes me laugh.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I started getting into the internet around '96 and I was a huge fan of the musical Rent. I tried to get rentfan for an aim user name and it was taken so rentfn was born. My picture is from the second pokecrawl for PAX east. My buddy made the design and we made shirts and sold them to other team members and gave the money to child's play.

Shivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When I was in high school, I participated in a student film that myself and some friends made. It was called "The Pirates of the Seas of Time" and told the tale of a group of silly pirates who had a staircase on their ship that would randomly summon characters from different eras of history. The first mate on the ship was named Shivered McTimber, or Shivy for short, and he wore a baseball cap and wielded a golf club; both of which he found had materialized on the deck of the ship during one of the 'time storms' that made their ship special.

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helvetica is the best typeface. Avatar is my guinea piggy Gruden von Squeakycheeks!

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

User name: Xeno is taken from Xenomorphs from the Aliens movies and also from XenoGears. Nick is my name and I wanted my username to have it in there somehow.

The avatar is Leon face palming from a Resident Evil 4 flash parody. Found it super funny years ago and have just kept with it.

Loading Video...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

My initials/name and Ryan from a set of sprites I made of "GB Duders as LucasArts Adventure Characters". I don't know if it's visible in the thumbnail, but his shirt is a take on the "Fuck Ryan Davis" shirt Jeff wore on that one BLLSL, but his says "Fuck Jeff"

Some of the finished(?) sprites, along with the starting sprites, in-progress versions, and a few scrapped ideas (such as Ben/Jeff and Sam/Brad). I also threw in the dumb Luchadeer Glottis I made around the same time, when I was trying to figure out Photoshop.
Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been my nickname for aslong as I can remember. I really like Link for the avatar.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name here is taken from a character on a TV show called The Shadow Line. Look it up, it's pretty amazing.

My avatar is Wold Cup Willie, the mascot of the 1966 world cup. Changed it for Brazil last year and haven't seen any reason to change it.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#192  Edited By Joe423

It's my first name and some numbers I plucked out of nowhere - I'm terrible at making up usernames.

My avatar is a cartoon Otto Von Bismarck and I have no idea why... I did write about him in an essay a few years back so maybe I just found it after making my account during that time period.

cocoonmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By cocoonmoon

Name I saw on the internet and liked and since I suck at coming up with names I also just took this one. I also have a thing for space stuff. The avatar I've used on all kinds of sites for years, even before I knew that it's Miku Hatsune. I just found it and liked it.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I came here hoping someone would explain there Judge Dredd avatar. I'm seeing it all over the internet. It's the most popular avatar I come across. Is it just because the remake was real good? Do people just like Judge Dredd that much? I feel like I missed something on the internet to spark people to using that for their avatar image.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my name is Coaxmetal which ive been using as my username in most places for a long time, and the image i have now is part of a poster for Peturbator's latest album that I thought looked cool/dumb

Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By physicalscience

My username is from when I was creating a new xbl account like 6 years ago and I was trying to think of a cool username. I just started looking around the room I was sitting in and I saw my sisters like 8th grade science book on the floor and it was titled "Physical Science". I thought it sounded really cool and I like science in general so I have just stuck with it.

My picture is a screen grab from the aqua music video for barbie girl.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My username comes from an inside joke. I was part of this total joke thing called 'Pepper Wars' that started as friends just shooting the shit while watching a food show. I forget which one, but someone said something about peppers being at war because a guy had a dish that was too peppery. We all found this hilarious and started this long running joke with various peppers in different roles. Things like Major Habanero, Admiral Ghost Pepper, shit like that. I came up with Don Chipotle as this crime boss selling spices to fuel the war effort. DonChipotle just kinda stuck because it still makes me laugh. Though now it just makes people assume I'm way into Chipotle the fast food joint which is untrue as fuck.

My avatar is Korean actress Doona Bae whom I adore. I sat through Jupiter Ascending because she had a minor role in it. She's more known in Korea because why wouldn't she be, but she had her 'Hollywood' debut in the movie Cloud Atlas as Sonmi-451 (which was my avatar back when that movie came out.) where she demonstrated that she's awesome in any language since she spoke Spanish in a scene as well.

Here is a clip from Cloud Atlas focusing on her and also some spoilers that won't make a whole lot of sense out of context:

Loading Video...

People might've first heard of her from The Host where she played an Olympic archer. I've watched Korean Dramas (if you think AMerican soap operas are melodramatic, you should watch some romance K-Dramas HOLY SHIT!) because she's the lead and she's always wonderful.

For context in this clip: Bae plays a Korean exchange student who was alone at school. She recently became friends with the three girls in the clip and is starting to become less lonely. The guy confessing tries speaking in Korean to impress her. In this clip she speaks both Japanese and Korean.

Loading Video...

The avatar is just because I'm a fan of her work and also because I like the idea of Bae Doona just always giving people a thumbs up. Like she's looking at what people posted and is like "Good job!"

You can see Bae Doona and a host of other people this summer in the new Netflix show 'Sense8'. She'll be playing a Korean martial artist so I'm bingewatching the fuck out of that.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name, at least the Remnant part comes from the Hebrew bible. It's a reference to a small group of Israelites who survive an invasion by an army and are later promised to return to the promised land. I thought it sounded interesting at least, and the lost bit I just added in the front to make it sound.....better I guess? Of course most people who have asked me about my name (it's my xbox live gamertag too) ask if I was just really into the Last Remnant and I've never actually played the game.

My avatar is Dan Smith from Killer 7 cause he's one cool dude.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My name is a contraction of my last name and also a nickname given to me. I feel quite privileged to have such a short user name here.

My icon, as most of you will be aware, is of course "Ressok", the "Himmuk" of "Mardok", from the 1989 PC game Bad Blood. It was one of the first PC games I bought for my 386 SX in 1990 and I ploughed many hours in trying (but failing) to complete it. I recently found out that it is practically unfinishable without a FAQ. It was also the focus of my first game submissions for the Giantbomb wiki.

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name was taken from a book written by Brian Jacques, if that means anything to anyone, and the avatar, although in no way video game related, I thought was too perfect given that it contains all of the Giant Bomb colors (also because Spiderman… of the Italian variety).

Avatar is a famous and hilarious frame from Samurai Cop. Sadly, I could not fit all of the enormous lion head in with the actress' face.

That's awesome. I hope you've seen this, because it's definitely worth watching (not to mention all of Best of the Worst).