What's the nerdiest thing you've ever done?

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Sabata
@Green_Incarnate said:
" Choosing computer science as a major. "

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By sgjackson

I made an Excel spreadsheet to figure out what order I wanted to buy PvP gear in WoW. I calculated this by figuring out how much I valued one point of each stat (Strength, Crit, Resil, Stam, whatever), then seeing which were the best deals per honor point.

I know stats are calculated in Pokemon, and I've trained Pokemon to take advantage of this fact.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Optiow

I said lol-a-coaster once when my friend said a joke...it just slipped out.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

I bought the Yu-Gi-Oh movie on VHS.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By ververdan0226

I was 13 years old and I masturbated to Rikku from Final Fantasy X. So uhhhh, yeah............

And then I did it again the next week.

And then maybe once or twice more after that.

Maybe even more than that.

I'm a sad individual.  :(

P.S. Other than that I have typical nerd interests (other than comics which I don't read, except for Watchmen), except never to message-board fanboy excesses, as well as a deep like for such things as game design, movie cinematography, classic film and 70's and 80's sitcoms. So, there ya have it.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By Hamst3r

Everything I do is nerdy.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Seedofpower

I haven't done anything really nerdy that I could recall, not saying that I'm super cool or anything.

Just my mind doesn't want to remember that I am a nerd.

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By turbo_toaster

Yikes, that's a tough one. I think I'll go with the time I decided to make my boyfriend's faux white brick wall a little more interesting. When I saw the white rectangles, my mind immediately jumped to Mario 3, hopefully for obvious reasons...

2 years and he's still at it.
2 years and he's still at it.

It's been there since 2007, neither of us can bring ourselves to take it down  :B
GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By GTCknight

I've done alot of "nerdy" things in my life (all 20 years of it).

1. being a kid and trying to play Mechwarrior 3 (honest).
2. owning all five seasons of Red Vs Blue on DVD.
3. owning the Megazone 23 DVD (all three parts).
4. I've always wished to one day find a good old arcade.
5. and after having found said arcade, I would spend most of my time playing Street Fighter ll.
6. I own the soundtrack for the anime Gurren Lagann.
7. I own both the manga (still looking for volume 4 as of right now) and the anime for GhostTalker's Daydream.
8. My favorite videogame of all time is (even to this day) Descent: Freespace - The Great War.
9. I have seen all three episodes of the anime Bus Gamer via the internet.
10. I watch alot of anime online on the internet (both subed and dubed).
11. I'am a member of this site.
12. I have been playing videogames since I can remember (that means from 8bit all the way to today).
13. and I'am a member of steam.

So as you can clearly see, I have led a very "nerdy" life. But personally I think its entirely normal (for me, anyway).

AZ123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AZ123
@Kombat said:
" I did a report in the 8th grade on how to become a Super Saiyan....Yeah.  My girlfriend of five years (just a friend then) was in that class.  I'm surprised I still even know her, let alone the fact that I'm dating her. "
Hot damn!  That is freaking awesome. I knew a guy who did a report on DBZ in 7th grade.
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GunnBjorn

I once went to a medical lecture with a friend of mine who was a med-student at the time.
I didn't understand any of it.
It was about our bonestrucucture and calcium hydroxyapatite and stuff...

Yeah, whatever.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I held the top spot for off-topic forum posts for the couple of days or so of Giantbomb's existence. Other than that, I moonwalked a fun run-fuck yeah.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#63  Edited By Pepsiman

Well, I'm about to post some deranged Shift-JIS art right here, so that probably counts for something.

/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\
 /     ●  ●、
 | Y  Y     \
 | |   |    ▼ |
 |. \/   _人_|
 \_    ____/ // Type!
   /======|     /(O)   Type!
   /   ̄/~|つつ /   |
  (  ̄ ̄  | | (_____|
"´゙"`'´``"´゙´`"''´゙"'゙'´`゙゙´`"'゙`""'
Apparently 2chan stole our Peanuts icons a while back.
Dilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Dilbert

Piss mah pants on a meeting.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Biggest Nerd things:  I used to play Magic:The Gathering heavily & paid quite a bit for a few cards back in the day. "
I use to play Magic the Gathering with a few guys before school and sometimes they didn't like getting there asses handed to them by a girl so then i'd  have to re-play them after school.
euge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By euge

I used to play imperial conflict the online game. If you haven't heard of it I can't describe how simple but brilliant it was.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By penguindust
@gingertastic_10:  Thank you for reminding me of that.  God, I love Jeff Green and GFW is still the funniest podcast ever.

I used to travel to table-top role playing conventions where all us nerds who never met would gather around tables in the convention hall and play D&D, Axis & Allies, Battletech or whatever someone was running.  I ran some games myself.  I constructed a Die Hard scenario with lots of fabricated dossiers, maps, and accessories using one of GURPS rule sets.  People also LARPed at those conventions, but it wasn't called LARPing back then since it was a pretty new gameplay idea.  I didn't do any of that because by then I'd be drunk or too tired to keep going.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#68  Edited By JJWeatherman
@iam3green said:
" post on a video game forum :D i have to say waited in line for GTA san andreas. really only thing i can think of that was nerdy. your story is pretty badass. i went to see the movie with a friend of mine. i felt kind of weird seeing as there were a lot of kids in the theater. i use to watch that show all the time. i didn't get into the card game though. i don't get the newer episodes, that are on cartoon network. yogi isn't in the show. the other day i was watching it and they were dueling on like tron bikes. "
Oh OK. This reminded me of when I stood outside a Gamestop for a half hour for GH3. It was so ridiculous, there was a guy there dressed as Slash. There were really only like 20 people there due to me living in the suburbs, but I still felt like a total nerd. I actually captured 3 different videos of that experience with my crappy phone and put them all up on YouTube. Good god, they're still up now.   :P
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Biggest Nerd things:  I used to play Magic:The Gathering heavily & paid quite a bit for a few cards back in the day. "
I use to play Magic the Gathering with a few guys before school and sometimes they didn't like getting there asses handed to them by a girl so then i'd  have to re-play them after school. "
You know what really sucked is going into a comic store to play a sealed booster tournament & having your ass handed to you by these kids who do nothing but play Magic all day long, all summer long.  That was back in the mid to late 90's when the expansions really sucked too.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#70  Edited By Tireyo
@gingertastic_10 said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
"Nerds are delicious! What do they put in those candies anyway?"
I see what you did there. "
I didn't do anything! ;)
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By The_A_Drain
@alsnuts2 said:
"Posting on a Video game forum is pretty much me surrendering to my nerdy fate.I was seeing a girl a few years ago and I really liked her and I tried to get her to Watch Cowboy Bebop.... she got a "Real" Boyfriend soon after... She probably made a smart shoice"

What? Don't think like that dude. If the bitch don't like Cowboy Bebop you don't need her. She got no taste.

Anyway, nerdiest thing I ever did... Don't even fucking go there, i've done most of it from programming to modding to cosplaying to 100%'ing crazy long JRPGs and even tried my hand at tournament level gaming. Fuck, even outside of videogames i've been UK Yu-Gi-Oh national contender (3rd Ranked at best) tournament level MTG player, all manner of other card games, board games, participated in national level DnD events at all sorts of events and whatnot.

Almost anything, been there, done that, probably won the t-shirt.
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
I use to play Magic the Gathering with a few guys before school and sometimes they didn't like getting there asses handed to them by a girl so then i'd  have to re-play them after school. "
You know what really sucked is going into a comic store to play a sealed booster tournament & having your ass handed to you by these kids who do nothing but play Magic all day long, all summer long.  That was back in the mid to late 90's when the expansions really sucked too. "
I've never been to Magic tournament but i did play Mage Knight every tuesday afternoon at my local comic book store. I miss comic book stores.... :(
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jayge_

Shit I don't know, I do know that I've done way nerdier things than I remember having done...

Um... from what I remember... I don't know. Seriously. I must have repressed all these memories or something, lol. I do know I've done some fucking nerdy shit.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By super_machine

I graduated four years of college with an almost perfect GPA. Got a damn B+ in wood shop.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jayge_
@super_machine said:
" I graduated four years of college with an almost perfect GPA. Got a damn B+ in wood shop. "
Why the hell did you take wood shop in college?
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By tebbit
@Jayge said:
"@super_machine said:
" I graduated four years of college with an almost perfect GPA. Got a damn B+ in wood shop. "
"

Wood shop 103: Cutting wood and soiling yourself
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By super_machine
@Jayge said:
" @super_machine said:
"
Because I though it would be an easy A for my last semester. I had to take a BS materials and process class that I never took in my early years. I actually did alright in the class, but the teacher was kind of a douche.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#78  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I waited in line for Star Wars Episode 3, then fell asleep in the theater. :)

the_stig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By the_stig
@AZ123 said:
" When I was sixteen years old, I went alone to the movie theater on a Saturday at noontime for a showing of the Yu-Gi-Oh movie. Not only did I get a student discount for being in high school, but I also got a free promo "Pyramid of Light" Trap Card. To top it all off, I was by myself in the theater until these two moms, each with a son, walked in late during the movie. "

I did almost the exact same thing.  But I ended up going to the first Pokemon movie with a friend (we were both 17 at the time) on opening night to get the free promo thing and the theater was filled with kids and their parents.

I was also the sole videogame reviewer for my school newspaper.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By dbz1995

Talked to my friends mum how my lifes amibition was to grow four arms like Goro and then rip her sons head off. I then showed her the movie 'Mortal Kombat'.

Not the best idea.

RollHard86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RollHard86

I was in a 14 day trial of Star Wars Galaxies and i wanted to join the empire.  i got into town but could find the recruiter so some guy ended up helping me find him.  After that the said something like "welcome to the empire, we don't get a lot of non human recruits"...  Then he wanted me to come see this "house" i said "why not".  As I rode with him in his land speeder to his house the shame of seeing a real role player set in.  I went and seen where he made ships and "pet" things... he said those tie fighter wings are not for sale, I looked.  Starting to feel uncomfortable i said i have to go to the starport for a mission (maybe i could get the role play off of me but blowing up some ships)  so he offers me a ride and i take it.  I get to the starport feeling weird I say "later" and jump into my ship and i see in the chat box "I launched my ship on accident" which i think was a lie. (you have to click through a few screens)  anyways that was the creepiest and nerdy thing ive ever done.  Dont go to a MMOers in game house!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Azteck
@expletive said:
" also referencing the endurance run, like in real life

"
Every time I see a watermelon in my house, I say, out loud, WATERMELON!?

Also, I named my other gamertag Charie Tuna and my Fable: The Lost Chapters save Charlie Tunaku.

I'm pretty lame.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a Cloverfield T-Shirt, from Hot Topic, and wore it to school. Yeah.....One of the best reactions I remember I got was "Steve....are you wearing a Cloverfield shirt?" Me: Yeah... Friend: "Well stop it. Now."

I've also bought a Watchmen shirt and have worn it to school, but the Comedian looks badass so I don't care. I got compliments on that one.

I've also referenced memes in real life, and I know that makes me a horrible person. When one of my friends was trying to get me to smoke weed for the first time one of his tactics was telling me it was "For teh lulz". You could say it worked, but not right away.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#84  Edited By gla55jAw

When I was in 6th grade we had a project to make a kingdom or world of our own and make it out of anything, I made midgar.

hamlaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By hamlaser
@Kombat: you win

My most nerdiest thing was probably in high school that I played with plastic army men in my room by myself for a few hours. I even made sound effects
SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#86  Edited By SubwayD

While I'm pretty much a big nerd, I have the feeling that attending those anime and furry conventions might have been the top most nerdiest things I've done.

Urgh.

AZ123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By AZ123
@gla55jAw said:
" When I was in 6th grade we had a project to make a kingdom or world of our own and make it out of anything, I made midgar. "
That's just the kind of stuff I love to hear.

Another time my best friend and I read Power Ranger comic books together in my bedroom closet. Here's the thing -- I was a senior in high school at the time. Oh yeah... bring on the ladies ;)
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Verdugo

I have a rediculously huge collection of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-oh!, Duel Masters, Yu-Yu-Hakusho, and Magic the Gathering cards.

I'm still fucking pissed at how much money I've wasted on these things over the years. Nobody within 1000 miles probably even plays these damn games anymore.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Expletive
@Azteck said:
" @expletive said:
" also referencing the endurance run, like in real life

"
Every time I see a watermelon in my house, I say, out loud, WATERMELON!? Also, I named my other gamertag Charie Tuna and my Fable: The Lost Chapters save Charlie Tunaku.I'm pretty lame. "
I was at the grocery store and with out even thinking about I yelled OH MAN, A WATERMELON!
Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Sprizmo
@AZ123: I have been the gamemaster (or DM if you like) to countless hours of various role playing games growing up, often with nerds as dedicated to the material as myself. Given the chance I would probably do it again, because despite the stigma, its a damned good time.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By angelkanarias
@gingertastic_10 said:
" @Tireyo643 said:
"Nerds are delicious! What do they put in those candies anyway?"
I see what you did there. "
rofl
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By angelkanarias
@JackiJinx said:
" My very essence breathes of nerddom. I can't think of a moment in life where I never felt or displayed (willingly or not) my nerdosity. If I started listing specifics, I think it'd be a sad day. "
QFT
alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By alsnuts2
@The_A_Drain:

Yeah that was meant to be funnier than it came across. yeah it was a clear warning sign that we might not be a match.. 2 differnet worlds, I like Cowboy Bebop where as she was a whore
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By angelkanarias

The nerdiest thing I've done, at least on public, is making every single Economics class projects about videogame companies such as Sony or Activision-Blizzard. 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#95  Edited By citizenkane

When I visited my friend in New Orleans, she and I named the species of dinosaurs in the box of dinosaur sprinkles she bought to put on our ice cream.

That's the most recent nerdiest thing that comes to mind.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By angelkanarias
@Dilbert said:
" Piss mah pants on a meeting. "
lol. that's just weird, not nerdy.
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By eric_buck

Did you know the word 'nerd' wasn't invented until Dr. Seuss (sp?) wrote the word in one of his books for lack of a better word.

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Hughes

I guess building a computer is pretty nerdy. That and going to college for Computer Science.

kyleboedeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By kyleboedeker

I would say for me it was probably learning c++ for fun, on my own time.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@ververdan0226 said:
"I was 13 years old and I masturbated to Rikku from Final Fantasy X. So uhhhh, yeah............And then I did it again the next week.And then maybe once or twice more after that.Maybe even more than that.I'm a sad individual.

Can't...Stop...Rofling...