What's the nerdiest thing you've ever done?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#201  Edited By Akeldama

recovering fanboy here.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#202  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Willy105 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
" Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark using the Wii's Internet Channel, with my whole family. "
The hell?  Did it actually stream well?  I'm sure it must have looked real crappy... "
It was fine. The movie was great, too. "
Oh wow, that's surprising. "
Not really. Simple streaming. "
But the fact that it actually looked good.  You were watching it on a website through the Wii Internet Browser, correct?  Youtube videos have never looked good through that, and I'm very surprised a full movie did.
Avatar image for xcpx_bebi_primo
xCPx_Bebi_Primo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By xCPx_Bebi_Primo

either edit a wikia or explain how yu-gi-oh works.

BUT!!! hands down, the funniest nerd thing I have ever witnessed was in speech class. A girl got up and was making a speech about lord of the rings when another kid interrupted her and stood up, and did the whole "Clerks II" bit about how star wars is better.  So, in conclusion, on both parts there is an Epic Fail.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#204  Edited By DrRandle

I recently started playing POkemon Leaf Green (for like the 6th time, not counting the dozen times I've played Yellow/Red.) If that wasn't nerdy enough, I named my Pikachu Jenny Rater. :/

I'm sorely addicted to the main-stay Pokemon series. They're just great ways to sit back and pass the time. PLay 'em in bed before going to sleep or while I'm on the can, or maybe just while watching TV.

Avatar image for xcpx_bebi_primo
xCPx_Bebi_Primo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By xCPx_Bebi_Primo
@Wes899: importing DS games if definitely worse..
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#206  Edited By Willy105
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
" Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark using the Wii's Internet Channel, with my whole family. "
The hell?  Did it actually stream well?  I'm sure it must have looked real crappy... "
It was fine. The movie was great, too. "
Oh wow, that's surprising. "
Not really. Simple streaming. "
But the fact that it actually looked good.  You were watching it on a website through the Wii Internet Browser, correct?  Youtube videos have never looked good through that, and I'm very surprised a full movie did. "
It wasn't in HD, if that is what you mean.

It was like analog TV. Not as sharp as digital. VHS quality. A DVD version would definitely look better.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#207  Edited By Black_Raven

It's the things I don't do that make me nerdy.

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#208  Edited By NoDeath

I once spent a few hours thinking about how the mass effect field from, well, Mass Effect would actually work relating to real physics. Overall it wasn't that hard cause its a field you generate by passing a current though a wire made of element zero. So, seeing as you get a magnetic field from passing a current through a normal wire all I had to do was transplant the formulas across swapping out the magnetic field strength with mass effect field strength. Well, there was a bit more to it than just that but I won't go into it now. 

Teaching myself how to program at age 13 and watching vast amounts of anime are probably up there too, but for a single event the mass effect thing takes the cake.

Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#209  Edited By Vance_Helsing

Besides posting on a video game forum & teaching a lady friend "how to beat the Moon level in Ducktales", my most nerdy moment would have to be dressing up as the Prince from Katamari Damacy for Halloween 3 years ago. 

Seriously, I did the weird cylinder hat thing and a ball and everything.

raegunz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By raegunz_
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @raegunz_ said:
" @Atramentous said:
" I have said 'lol" in real life. "
Ditto on that. Heh.

The nerdiest thing ever = When I was in high school, I participated in an IRL Star Trek RPG. And by IRL I mean... we actually went out and actively did things, along with pen and paper stuff... I can explicitly remember one occasion where were were romping around behind our "captain's" dad's house... it was ridiculous, but so much fun. I was CMO, and I had a file of everyone's personal medical history. I was an emotion-embracing vulcan named T`Para... (no, not Romulan. I was completely different.) I was the only girl in my group of friends, which was no big deal, but made me even more of a nerdling. Good times. Gooood times.

Oh, and once, a friend and I coreographed a lightsaber battle in my parent's front yard with toy lightsabers. Why? So we could do it in front of all the other dorks who were there on opening night of Episode I.  Who's bad? I'm bad. Don't forget it. "
Wow. I think you win. "
That prize is bittersweet.
hoseph1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By hoseph1337

Understood every single joke on The Big Bang Theory. Even the ones that make no sense.  

I also dressed as Micheal Jackson and handed out lollipops to little children, does that count? 

And quoting The Rocky Horror Picture Show in common conversation.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212  Edited By tomte

told my gf that i was sick and couldn't meet her just so i could play some Uncharted 2.
also skipped school to stay home and play games and watch anime.

most embarrasing thing is probably when i skipped school on the day that Dirge of Cerberus was released, and on my way home from the store i met one of my teachers.

GI_Josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By GI_Josh

Played D&D.  It was (and is) shameful.

Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#214  Edited By Vance_Helsing

Oh, since someone mentioned it, I met some of the Giant Bomb crew- Jeff & Dave specifically,  at California Extreme earlier this year. I was the only one of my friends to know who they were (and I pretty much talked about them like they were celebs...which they totally are).  I'm pretty sure that's up there.