What's the nerdiest thing you've ever done?

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Meltac
@Kombat said:

" I did a report in the 8th grade on how to become a Super Saiyan....Yeah.  My girlfriend of five years (just a friend then) was in that class.  I'm surprised I still even know her, let alone the fact that I'm dating her. "

Hahahahaha, that's great!

EDIT: And just realized I quoted a 4 months old post :P
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#152  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Buying a paranoia agent t-shirt at hot topic and actually wearing it.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By Karmum

I thought wearing a Spider Man T-shirt outside was embarrassing (in the summer, none the less). Honestly, nothing "nerdy" comes to my mind.

Oh, well, talking about games out in public (especially when girls are having a different conversation nearby) can be...awkward. At least, in my experiences it was.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#154  Edited By citizenkane

I bought both the Presitge Edition of Modern Warfare 2 and the Limited Edition(or "Prestige Edition" as it says on the cover) of the strategy guide.  You can calculate how much that cost me yourself.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By izzygraze

I went to a yugioh card tournament at my local game shop. I was in highschool and everyone was younger than me except this one guy who looked like he was in his late 30s.

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Bobdaman18

Well i used to be way addicted to dark age of camelot to the point where i carried the strategy guide around with my everywhere i went. 

More recently, I just handed in a 7 page research paper on Eve Online for college that i have to give an oral report on friday...wish me luck
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By cstrang

Last night I was having a few beers at the bar with some friends of friends that I had just met.  We some how found ourselves having a discussion about web browsers.  While in mid-sentence I realized we were all engineers (and, subsequently, being inherently nerdy), so I stood up and walked away to go talk to my girlfriend instead (who was bartending).

kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By kingkorn69
@Green_Incarnate: I 2nd that!! I wish I have never done that now!
markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#159  Edited By markini6

I don't know if it's completely nerdy because it was kind of dangerous as well, but I once had a Harry Potter wand duel with my friend using lit roman candle fireworks. We were both having fun, shouting "Expelliarmus" and "Protego", until I stopped concentrating and shot a spark-thing at my friends head. He dodged it at the last second, but was pretty annoyed so he started aiming directly at me. I started to panic, so I lit another one and started firing them all over the place, dual wielding gangster-style. By the end, I'd managed to set his 6 year old sister's dress on fire and left scorch marks on a whole side of his house.

*EDIT* - I wish that I had waited to post this, didn't see the avatar of the guy/gal above

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160  Edited By GeneralTurkle

I said the answer to a question as "do a barrel roll!"

i also have said lately when me and my friend have to hurry, we are oscar mike

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@CitizenKane said:
"I bought both the Presitge Edition of Modern Warfare 2 and the Limited Edition(or "Prestige Edition" as it says on the cover) of the strategy guide.  You can calculate how much that cost me yourself. "
Same, but without the strategy guide, and I went out at midnight to get it. A fist fight almost broke out over a PS3 vs 360 argument. Yeeeeaaaaah....
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By crunchUK

39 in squad battle i guess

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Hitchenson

Urm, my whole life is nerdy as fuck. Although, I booked coursework deadline week off to play GTA IV at launch and thus failed oh so many GCSEs. Worth it, clearly.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#164  Edited By sjschmidt93

I have 10 GB of gaming podcasts on my computer.  

Need I say more? 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#165  Edited By crusader8463
@CitizenKane said:
" I bought both the Presitge Edition of Modern Warfare 2 and the Limited Edition(or "Prestige Edition" as it says on the cover) of the strategy guide.  You can calculate how much that cost me yourself. "
Sorry this was just too perfect of a set up to let pass, this is you isn't it.
No Caption Provided
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#166  Edited By artofwar420

I stood in line for a Wii, in the bitter cold... 4 weeks in a row, they were sold out.... I didn't intend on selling it.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#167  Edited By citizenkane
@crusader8463: You think that's me?!  Please....my military gear is way better than that guy's is.
LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#168  Edited By LeoMinor
@ververdan0226 said:
" I was 13 years old and I masturbated to Rikku from Final Fantasy X. So uhhhh, yeah...........

Who hasn't? 
crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169  Edited By crusnchill

I play Dragon Age: Origins and pretend to be an all powerful wizard in my head lol. "Mwahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!! Bow before me! Whelp!", "Do as I say! Or I will CRUSH you!" lol.
BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By BlackIrish05
@auspiciousqueue said:

"Oh yeah, and I've actually written a paper for a college class about the mythological aspects of Star Wars and it's application to Joseph Campbell's theories. Then held a conversation with a fellow student, for several hours, about said paper and topic. Uh huh, that is how I roll."

Awesome 
kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#171  Edited By kagekage

Making inside jokes with my friends about Giantbomb...
and yelling them in a silent room accidentally during lunch.
FML.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#172  Edited By beargirl1

that might go to watching 15 episodes of Anime in 1 sitting. i have done much nerdier, but i'm not willing to admit it here. 

mrhenry209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By mrhenry209

i'm not what you'd call a nerd...i play baseball and am not too smart, but i do spend an outrageous amount of time on mlb 09 the show

raegunz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By raegunz_
@Atramentous said:
" I have said 'lol" in real life. "
Ditto on that. Heh.

The nerdiest thing ever = When I was in high school, I participated in an IRL Star Trek RPG. And by IRL I mean... we actually went out and actively did things, along with pen and paper stuff... I can explicitly remember one occasion where were were romping around behind our "captain's" dad's house... it was ridiculous, but so much fun. I was CMO, and I had a file of everyone's personal medical history. I was an emotion-embracing vulcan named T`Para... (no, not Romulan. I was completely different.) I was the only girl in my group of friends, which was no big deal, but made me even more of a nerdling. Good times. Gooood times.

Oh, and once, a friend and I coreographed a lightsaber battle in my parent's front yard with toy lightsabers. Why? So we could do it in front of all the other dorks who were there on opening night of Episode I.

Who's bad?
I'm bad.
Don't forget it.
cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#175  Edited By cap123

played a year of wow

EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By EthanML

Anytime my IT teacher asks for a definition of the Internet, responding "a series of tubes". Never gets old. Maybe.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#177  Edited By Griddler

I haven't done any huge acts of nerdiness, I'm just consistently doing little things. 

Plus I do a fantastice nerd voice.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@raegunz_ said:
" @Atramentous said:
Ditto on that. Heh.

The nerdiest thing ever = When I was in high school, I participated in an IRL Star Trek RPG. And by IRL I mean... we actually went out and actively did things, along with pen and paper stuff... I can explicitly remember one occasion where were were romping around behind our "captain's" dad's house... it was ridiculous, but so much fun. I was CMO, and I had a file of everyone's personal medical history. I was an emotion-embracing vulcan named T`Para... (no, not Romulan. I was completely different.) I was the only girl in my group of friends, which was no big deal, but made me even more of a nerdling. Good times. Gooood times.

Oh, and once, a friend and I coreographed a lightsaber battle in my parent's front yard with toy lightsabers. Why? So we could do it in front of all the other dorks who were there on opening night of Episode I.  Who's bad? I'm bad. Don't forget it. "
Wow. I think you win.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#179  Edited By EpicSteve

Went to Sausalito to meet GB and went to Videogame Live.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#180  Edited By TimeWaffle

going  to PAX meeting the GB guys

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By 71Ranchero
@raegunz_ said:
" @Atramentous said:
Ditto on that. Heh.

Oh, and once, a friend and I coreographed a lightsaber battle in my parent's front yard with toy lightsabers. Why? So we could do it in front of all the other dorks who were there on opening night of Episode I.  Who's bad? I'm bad. Don't forget it. "
Is this you? 

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By crusnchill

How many times Do we get bored sitting near a sports nerd talking about how he'd form his football team if he were in charge of that team? TOO MANY. 
They ball and scream if you call them a nerd of sports but it's exactly the same as 2 gamer's talking about how they play their games. One's just accepted ALOT more than the other. Even though inevitabaly both group's of people just end up sitting around all day while not at work or with my/their/your girlfriend looking at a screen and enjoying youself/myself/theirself.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By crusnchill
@EpicSteve: Did you actually get to meet them?
Homer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Homer39

lets see... i had to do a book report in the 7th grade on jurassic park and we had to bring things in to help describe the story, so i brought some of my old figures from when the movie was released. lets just say i got a lot of shit for it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#186  Edited By Willy105

Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark using the Wii's Internet Channel, with my whole family.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Brunchies

I said "lol" and other things along the line of that in real life and I went to the Yu-Gi-Oh movie the first day it came out.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Willy105 said:
" Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark using the Wii's Internet Channel, with my whole family. "
The hell?  Did it actually stream well?  I'm sure it must have looked real crappy...
raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By raviolisumo

Went to Games Day (Annual Games Workshop Convention) Atlanta in 2006(I think it was 06). That was probably the nerdy highlight, aside from importing DS games. I don't know which is worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ValkyrieGoddess:
hahaha. liar......girls dont exist on the internet.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#192  Edited By rjayb89

Read and finish the seventh Harry Potter book the day of it's release.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#193  Edited By Yummylee

Done a 10 minute talk on the evolution of the RE games for a college project.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Willy105
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
" Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark using the Wii's Internet Channel, with my whole family. "
The hell?  Did it actually stream well?  I'm sure it must have looked real crappy... "
It was fine. The movie was great, too.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Willy105 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
The hell?  Did it actually stream well?  I'm sure it must have looked real crappy... "
It was fine. The movie was great, too. "
Oh wow, that's surprising.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By beargirl1
@Abyssfull said:
" Done a 10 minute talk on the evolution of the RE games for a college project. "
i think you're my hero. how'd it go? 
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#197  Edited By Black_Rose

Posting here. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#198  Edited By Yummylee
@AjayRaz:
Noso bad, but the majority of people in my class were hardly gamers themselves, u could tell them that microsoft made the ps3 and they'd go along with it without question =P 
It helped just as practise for public speaking though and I'm still proud of the detail I put into it 8) Even if noone knew wtf i was talking about.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By toowalrus

My text message alert is the "You just got spotted" sound from Metal Gear Solid. The rigntone is snake's codec.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Willy105
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Willy105 said:
It was fine. The movie was great, too. "
Oh wow, that's surprising. "
Not really. Simple streaming.