Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

Dear Blockbuster Clerk...

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Remember when I rented No More Heroes 2, and you asked me if I had a PS3 or an Xbox 360 as well?  I responded with yes, I had both, and you asked me if I was interested in pre-ordering God of War 3 or Bioshock 2.   I told you right off the bat I wasn't interested, but you still pulled me aside and gave me a ten minute long presentation about how my game trade-ins would help pay for either pre-order.  Even after this, I was still not interested, yet you insisted.  I said I didn't have enough money to pay for either of the games, and you told me I could just pay whatever I wanted to and you would make up the balance of the minimum five dollars.  Of course, I was lying, and I genuinely was not interested in the game.  After rejected you about six times to no avail, I eventually just decided to throw you five dollars, because clearly, your life was on the line about getting this pre-order from me.  Finally, today I get a call that my God of War 3 pre-order is in blockbuster, and SURPRISE, I still don't really want it.  Now, my question is, did it really save your job to force people into buying these pre-orders that weren't actually interested in the game?  Tomorrow, I'm going to go get my five dollars back, and sure, I'll feel like a dick, but that's what happens when you incessantly pester people into purchasing things they don't want to.  

So, point being, people consistently complain about gamestop shoving pre-orders down your throat every time you go to buy a game.  The difference here is that gamestop knows when to fucking stop, and you have assured that I will never patron your blockbuster again.

Sincerely- SecondPersonShooter.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when I rented No More Heroes 2, and you asked me if I had a PS3 or an Xbox 360 as well?  I responded with yes, I had both, and you asked me if I was interested in pre-ordering God of War 3 or Bioshock 2.   I told you right off the bat I wasn't interested, but you still pulled me aside and gave me a ten minute long presentation about how my game trade-ins would help pay for either pre-order.  Even after this, I was still not interested, yet you insisted.  I said I didn't have enough money to pay for either of the games, and you told me I could just pay whatever I wanted to and you would make up the balance of the minimum five dollars.  Of course, I was lying, and I genuinely was not interested in the game.  After rejected you about six times to no avail, I eventually just decided to throw you five dollars, because clearly, your life was on the line about getting this pre-order from me.  Finally, today I get a call that my God of War 3 pre-order is in blockbuster, and SURPRISE, I still don't really want it.  Now, my question is, did it really save your job to force people into buying these pre-orders that weren't actually interested in the game?  Tomorrow, I'm going to go get my five dollars back, and sure, I'll feel like a dick, but that's what happens when you incessantly pester people into purchasing things they don't want to.  

So, point being, people consistently complain about gamestop shoving pre-orders down your throat every time you go to buy a game.  The difference here is that gamestop knows when to fucking stop, and you have assured that I will never patron your blockbuster again.

Sincerely- SecondPersonShooter.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Three0neFive

FUCKING GAMESTOP

er, wait a second here...

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

and what was stopping you from leaving

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By weltal

Why would you give him anything? Tell the clerk to shut the hell up and ring up the game. That or simply walk out. 

Also if that bit of pressure made you give him five dollars are you really going to be able to get it back from them now? Good luck, sir.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @SecondPersonShooter said:
    " Remember when I rented No More Heroes 2, and you asked me if I had a PS3 or an Xbox 360 as well?  I responded with yes, I had both, and you asked me if I was interested in pre-ordering God of War 3 or Bioshock 2.   I told you right off the bat I wasn't interested, but you still pulled me aside and gave me a ten minute long presentation about how my game trade-ins would help pay for either pre-order.  Even after this, I was still not interested, yet you insisted.  I said I didn't have enough money to pay for either of the games, and you told me I could just pay whatever I wanted to and you would make up the balance of the minimum five dollars.  Of course, I was lying, and I genuinely was not interested in the game.  After rejected you about six times to no avail, I eventually told you to shut the fuck up.

The End.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @SecondPersonShooter said:
    " Remember when I rented No More Heroes 2, and you asked me if I had a PS3 or an Xbox 360 as well?  I responded with yes, I had both, and you asked me if I was interested in pre-ordering God of War 3 or Bioshock 2.   I told you right off the bat I wasn't interested, but you still pulled me aside and gave me a ten minute long presentation about how my game trade-ins would help pay for either pre-order.  Even after this, I was still not interested, yet you insisted.  I said I didn't have enough money to pay for either of the games, and you told me I could just pay whatever I wanted to and you would make up the balance of the minimum five dollars.  Of course, I was lying, and I genuinely was not interested in the game.  After rejected you about six times to no avail, I eventually told you to shut the fuck up.

The End.
    "
    you almost always make me laugh dude... you're good.
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911

Blockbuster is going bankrupt soon anyway.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

The minute that he pushed the issue a third time is the minute I would've told him that he needs to shut up before I fuck him and feed him fish guts.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeffgoldblum

You are a sad sad individual if you don't have the guts to deny a blockbuster employee a pre order. 
    Have fun being walked all over for the rest of your life.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shirogane

You know, this has never happened to me, nobody has ever asked me to preorder anything that i didn't ask for. Hmm, funny i only realised that now... 

The only similar experience has been when i bought my DS, and they were trying to get me to buy accessories, although that seemed more like they were messing around and trying to be funny rather then actually trying to get me to buy them.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Fallen189

I don't think he's reading, stop being so passive agressive.

Also, it's his fucking job, don't be such a dick. What stopped you from politely saying "Sorry friend, but I'm really just here for my game"

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ryax
    @jakob187 said:
    " The minute that he pushed the issue a third time is the minute I would've told him that he needs to shut up before I fuck him and feed him fish guts. "
    well i know id shut the fuck up if some one said that to me
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By sjschmidt93

You're not interested... in God of War 3?

WAT

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jams

I know I used to be reserved when it comes to speaking my mind when being pressured. Now as I age I have a lot easier time telling people to shut the fuck up when they start harrassing me. One time at guitar center the clerk kept trying to push a warranty on me. After the 4th time I ask him "what part of no don't you fucking understand?" then I said "Fuck it, I don't even want this anymore; way to lose a customer ass hole" then left.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emkeighcameron

Seems the moral of the story here is that you're a wimp.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Th3_James
    @emkeighcameron said:
    " Seems the moral of the story here is that you're a wimp. "
    this.
    ZipCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ZipCrash

I'd just like to throw up an opinion from somebody who has been on the other side. While I would agree that your experience was way over board I would say being on the other side is no fun as well. I use to be an Assistant Store Manager/Sales Manager at Blockbuster before I got laid off back in Nov 09. They put a serious amount of pressure on you about sales. It was my job to literally pass the pressure down wards to my staff. Our jobs were quite realistically on the line if we didn't sell and when we did? We got nothing, no bonuses, commission, etc. The upper management of Blockbuster makes it such an incredibly stressful environment for it's employees to "upsell" their programs and presales and did nothing to attempt to make it fair. They impose impossible goals on you and if you don't hit your goals you are written up and after several weeks of not hitting your goals you will be fired. I was under so much pressure I paid for pre-orders myself and turned around and sold them on eBay (loosing $10-$15 a pop) just to keep my job. So don't blame the poor employee for being such a dick to you, it's not his fault. I am no in way attempting to make excuses for his behavior, because nobody should have to put up with that kind of stuff just walking into a store. I'm just offering a second point of view from somebody in that exact position for the over 2 years.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

I am not interested whatsoever is what you should say. And then if he continues leave.

jedijay87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jedijay87

Yea, I've been working at Blockbuster at just around three years and they're getting more and more hard nosed about presales. Apparently they've started promising so many presales to companies and want to make good on it. With God of War it was insane the pressure they tried to put on us to get random grandmothers who could care less to put something down on it. Don't take it out on that dude I promise he was probably at the past the point of getting yelled at for those stupid presales.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By jonnyboy

I worked in EB (now GAME here in the UK) back in 98-99 and we were encouraged to get pre-orders, which were free, so we could be allocated enough copies by head office on release day. The fact that retailers now have deals with publishers to 'pre-sell' a game (a concept that still blows my mind) has resulted in turning your employees into street beggars. Good job.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By scarace360

dude i agree i hate it when they fucking pester you "I DON'T WANT THAT FUCKING GAME PISS OFF TELLING ME THAT IT'S A GOOD GAME ISN'T GOING TO MAKE ME DROP MY MONEY!!!!,"
    I think they need to train their employees to have some fucking dignity and not pester people if they don't want it.

xync4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xync4

Reminds me of a time I went into a clothing store just to check the prices on their pants and the clerk was not about to let me get away easily... 
    He all but barred the door & when I'd have enough I just had to sprint outta there never to return (I think it was a K&G but I don't want to incriminate that chain if I'm misremembering)... 
    At least at my job they just want us to sell gum or candy most of the time... 
    But I refuse to participate in this point of sale harassment unless utterly forced because of my experience.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

As an employee you've gotta have some scruples in how you treat the customers. When I worked at Target, we used to get bonuses for getting customers to apply for a store credit card, so if I thought I had a reasonable chance of selling someone on one (because signing up got you 10% off your first purchase) I'd ask. But eventually, they took the bonuses away from us and gave them to our managers for when we hit certain goals. Naturally, this led to my bosses trying to get me to pester every customer for a card, even if they just came in for a bottle of Coke or something. They even started putting people at the doors asking people when they came in, like some kind of evil version of the Wal-Mart greeter. I don't know what surprised me more: That they would screw over their entry level employees like that or that so many of them went along with it after being screwed out of the bonus.

Long story short, between my disgust of their hard sell tactics and them taking away my only incentive for asking, I pretty much stopped asking altogether. They threatened to fire me at least a dozen times, lecturing me and giving me written warnings and stuff, but they never did.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xyzygy
    @BigBoss1911 said:
    " Blockbuster is going bankrupt soon anyway. "
    ARE YOU SRSLY SRS

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.