Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

GOW III Easter Eggs (Spoilers)

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

I have to say I just had an incredible nerdgasm a moment ago. When Hercules emerged I knew I recognized his voice from somewhere. Listening for several more moments my childhood of staying up late to watch the awesomely cheesy Hercules: The Legendary Journeys came flooding back. Kevin Sorbo is the voice of Hercules in God of War III. That is just all kinds of awesome. Bravo Sony Santa Monica. You just made this awesome game even better for me.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

I never watched that, but I can understand the awesomeness of getting the same voice actor!

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By papercut

I didn't recognize it but when I found out I was all "o SNAP"

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By eclipsesis
    @CenturionCajun:
    This is the story of a time long ago, a time of myth and legend, when the ancient gods were petty and cruel, and they plagued mankind with suffering. Only one man dared to challenge their power: Hercules! 

Hercules possessed a strength the world had never seen, a strength surpassed only by the power of his heart. He journeyed the Earth, battling the minions of his wicked stepmother Hera, the all-powerful queen of the gods. But wherever there was evil, whenever an innocent would suffer, there would be Hercules!

Ah the memories

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @papercut said:
    " I didn't recognize it but when I found out I was all "o SNAP" "
    This.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive

that is pretty awesome. perfect casting. they were just like...why dont we get that guy who played hercules last time? done. 

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By skunk

This was pretty cool, reminded me of Harry Hamlin as Perseus in GoW2.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By RobotHamster

That's pretty awesome, never seen that show though.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CenturionCajun

For some other pretty nifty voice cameos we got Rip Torn as Hephaestus and Malcolm McDowell as Daedalus. While Hephaestus was a pretty big part Daedalus was just hanging there a couple of times and contributed very little directly to the story. Still, it shows just how big God of War has become that they are able to pull in legitimate acting talent to do voicework.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By MildMolasses
    @CenturionCajun said:
    "For some other pretty nifty voice cameos we got Rip Torn as Hephaestus and Malcolm McDowell as Daedalus. While Hephaestus was a pretty big part Daedalus was just hanging there a couple of times and contributed very little directly to the story. Still, it shows just how big God of War has become that they are able to pull in legitimate acting talent to do voicework. "

I think that just shows that they are willing to pay for named talent. That isn't to say that GoW isn't huge, but it's not as though this is the first game to have well known actors. 

Also, I think it would have been cool if every monster sounded like the monsters from the Mighty Hercules cartoon from the 60's
    broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By broqz

kinda on the same note (well it's about a voice actor in the game)  did anyone notice durring the credits at the end of the vioce cast they gave a special thanks the Elijah Wood.  can anyong think of how he was envoled?
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@broqz said:
    " kinda on the same note (well it's about a voice actor in the game)  did anyone notice durring the credits at the end of the vioce cast they gave a special thanks the Elijah Wood.  can anyong think of how he was envoled? "
    Yeah, I was wondering myself but forgot to look it up. But...I'm so sleepy. Maybe someone else can do it... 

*cough*
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun

Apparently when you are in the "Shadow Realm" near the end one of the far off voices says something along the lines of "A Spartan never lets his back touch the ground, right brother?". It seems to be a consensus in everything I've seen that this was Elijah Wood's voice. Now, this has led to rampant speculation that there is a segment of the game which was cut in which you would have met Kratos now almost mythical brother. Since this was cut out they couldn't list Elijah as a cast member so he got special thanks. Who knows how much of that is true though.

To continue the voice actor gravy train I just figured out that Michael Clark Duncan did the voice of Atlas. I knew that guy sounded familiar.

Ecinsiefil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ecinsiefil

Does anybody else find it amusing that Linda Hunt voiced Grandmother Willow in Pocahontas and the Mother of Earth in God of War 2?

All these big names... it makes you wonder why they couldn't find a decent actor for Pandora.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.