Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

Most Satisfying Boss Fight QTE (spoilers duh)

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Whats everyones opinion? I was convinced that Zeus would be epic..but from the events before, i was just too detached and i didn't feel anything for it really. The game was switching directions too quickly at that time to really capture the essence of it. Anyways, my fav would have had to be Hercules. That little bitch...he deserved what we got. fuck yeah!!

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Gabriel

Definitely the Serial Killer walk when you go to cut off Hermes feet.

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By skunk

Absolutely loved all the boss finishers but my 2 fav's were:
    @Gabriel said:

" Definitely the Serial Killer walk when you go to cut off Hermes feet. "

This^

and Poseidon first person beat down with L3 + R3 finisher
    Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@Gabriel said:
    yeah that was a classic. Cutting off his legs was amazingly gruesome.
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DeShawn2ks

I killed Kevin Sorbo, I don't know if I am ever going to get over that.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By fugie7

i would have to say my favorite one was where you rip helios head off  with your bare hands. I also thought it was a neat idea that instead of throwing the head away you can use it as a tool for light when you get into dark places.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvilTwin

Hercules, Cronos, or Poseidon.  Damn, I don't know.  They were all pretty good.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By raviolisumo

Hercules

Ecinsiefil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ecinsiefil

Pulling off Cronos' fingernail

I cringed repeatedly

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aetos
    @Gabriel said:
    "Definitely the Serial Killer walk when you go to cut off Hermes feet. "
    This one for sure.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Afroman269

Cronos, Hades (Dude you're ripping off pieces of his flesh), and Poseidon. I enjoyed Zeus for just getting to punch his face in repeatedly.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quacktastic

You're right, by the ending I had seen too much stuff to be phased by the Zeus kill.

You disembowel Cronos from the inside,  you jam that Tower through his chin and then do a SoTC stab to his forehead while he's giving you sad eyes and his face is covered in blood.
    I was making weird faces at my TV through the whole thing.

@Gabriel said:

While Hermes is talking and Kratos is just staring at his boots got a laugh out of me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Afroman269 said:
    " Cronos, Hades (Dude you're ripping off pieces of his flesh), and Poseidon. I enjoyed Zeus for just getting to punch his face in repeatedly. "
    I was a little put off by the fact that the blood covers the entire screen after a few seconds. I wish there'd be a separate QTE that causes Kratos to wipe his eyes.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    " Cronos, Hades (Dude you're ripping off pieces of his flesh), and Poseidon. I enjoyed Zeus for just getting to punch his face in repeatedly. "
    I was a little put off by the fact that the blood covers the entire screen after a few seconds. I wish there'd be a separate QTE that causes Kratos to wipe his eyes. "
    That would have been hilarious.  But I think the point was to signify to you that you had sufficiently beat the crap out of him and could stop any time you felt like it.
    nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By nywt

Probably when I ripped the fingernail off of Cronos. That was so disgusting and satisfying at the same time.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By EVO
    @Gabriel said:
    While that was brutal as fuck, it wasn't that satisfying since Hermes was a little bitch and didn't give me any trouble. Zeus however, took me a while to beat so when I finally got to beat him to a pulp it was immensely satisfying.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Afroman269
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    I was a little put off by the fact that the blood covers the entire screen after a few seconds. I wish there'd be a separate QTE that causes Kratos to wipe his eyes. "
    That would have been hilarious.  But I think the point was to signify to you that you had sufficiently beat the crap out of him and could stop any time you felt like it. "
    lol I continued to mash the O button even after the screen was covered. I think that Kratos would be too pissed to bother wiping his eyes.  He just wants to focus on connecting his fists to Zeus's face.
    DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By DeadPan

Hermes

I cringed..

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

Hades by far gave me the most satisfaction.  I was having a rough time beating him(Titan difficulty).  It took a couple of hours of trying, trying, and coming back to it the next day before I could beat it.  When I dug my claws into him, and was slamming him on the ceiling I was literally yelling with excitement at the screen as I smashed him over and over again.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince

Hercules... Aww...

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By tebbit
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    " @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    That would have been hilarious.  But I think the point was to signify to you that you had sufficiently beat the crap out of him and could stop any time you felt like it. "
    lol I continued to mash the O button even after the screen was covered. I think that Kratos would be too pissed to bother wiping his eyes.  He just wants to focus on connecting his fists to Zeus's face. "
    Does anyone know what happens if you just keep wailing on him? I felt like I might be missing something important while I was seeing red, and lo-and-behold, the bastard has disappeared...
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Afroman269
    @Tebbit said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    " @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    lol I continued to mash the O button even after the screen was covered. I think that Kratos would be too pissed to bother wiping his eyes.  He just wants to focus on connecting his fists to Zeus's face. "
    Does anyone know what happens if you just keep wailing on him? I felt like I might be missing something important while I was seeing red, and lo-and-behold, the bastard has disappeared... "
    I think that either you can do for forever or it will automatically go to the kill sequence.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.