Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

Two bad GoW3 glitches in the first two hours

Rizla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rizla

Ok so i just started GoW3 and in my first 2 hours of play things have been a little rough. I won’t spoil anything here everything i talk about has been in trailers and the Quick look. My first glitch was after being judged by king Minos and the other guys i missed a jump and died however the check point that was set somehow made me a appear in mid air everytime just before i fell in the hole... so i would restart at last check point and instantly fall to my death. This means i had to return to my last hard save, around 20 mins i had to re-play which is ok because i needed to get used to the combat again anyway but still a bitch. Now i just beat the boss of that area and got his weapons. I wanted to save the red souls to upgrade the first new weapon i get so i went to upgrade and whenever i get to level 2 the game freezes up, im taking a break now to write this so not sure if its gona do that everytime or just 2 times i tried.  

Having said that.... Wow what a game just a pity my start has been slightly tainted by these difficulties, wondering if anyone else has been having problems. 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

The only glitchy thing I ran into in GoW3 was that activating the save points was sometimes hit and miss, like I'd have to walk away from the area then go back to it in order to get the R1 prompt. I didn't experience any of the bugs you mentioned.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

I finished the game a couple of hours ago, and didn't run into any bugs whatsoever. 

Well, aside the one where the game turned into a boring, disappointing, thoroughly mediocre mess. I ran into it when I pressed "New Game", and it didn't disappear until I had watched the credits... does anyone know if they're going to patch that?

MoeQawama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MoeQawama
    @Icemael: Sorry, u seem to be the only person I know with that problem
    BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BionicMonster
    @Icemael said:
    " I finished the game a couple of hours ago, and didn't run into any bugs whatsoever.  Well, aside the one where the game turned into a boring, disappointing, thoroughly mediocre mess. I ran into it when I pressed "New Game", and it didn't disappear until I had watched the credits... does anyone know if they're going to patch that? "
    Sarcasm isn't always the best way to express an opinion.
    Monoxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Monoxide
    @MoeQawama said:
    " @Icemael: Sorry, u seem to be the only person I know with that problem "
    QFT!
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Icemael
    @MoeQawama: Guess they aren't going to patch it, then... bummer. I was really looking forward to this game, too... it's like, the demo was awesome, the footage looked fantastic, and the review scores were stellar, and now that I've finally gotten my hands on the game, my entire experience is ruined by a bug that probably isn't widespread enough to warrant a patch? Man, this sucks

@BionicMonster said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " I finished the game a couple of hours ago, and didn't run into any bugs whatsoever.  Well, aside the one where the game turned into a boring, disappointing, thoroughly mediocre mess. I ran into it when I pressed "New Game", and it didn't disappear until I had watched the credits... does anyone know if they're going to patch that? "
    Sarcasm isn't always the best way to express an opinion. "
    Sarcasm is totally always the best way to express an opinion.
    FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FrankWeidner

I hit a bug in the first screen of gameplay, which was pretty ridiculous. I killed all of the enemies, and then... nothing. Just  a single area I couldn't leave or interact with anyone in. After a couple of minutes, I restarted the game, killed all the baddies again and was immediately thrown into a cutscene and was able to proceed. 

I've loved what I've played of the game, but it was a total bummer to hit a bug two minutes in to playing.

Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Xanth93

I haven't experienced any bugs.

And sarcasm is not the best way to express an opinion.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zombie2011
    @Monoxide said:
    " @MoeQawama said:
    QFT! "
    No not really, the game does get boring 3 hours in. Then extremely boring about 5 hours in.
    giancarlo123x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By giancarlo123x
    @zombie2011 said:
    " @Monoxide said:
    " @MoeQawama said:
    QFT! "
    No not really, the game does get boring 3 hours in. Then extremely boring about 5 hours in. "
    In your opinion.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike
    @zombie2011 said:
    No not really, the game does get boring 3 hours in. Then extremely boring about 5 hours in. "
    I feel exactly the same way. It would have been a better game if it was three hours long and ended with the Cronos segment.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Only two bugs that I have encountered-

1.  Like somebody mentioned- the R1 prompt to save would not pop up till a few seconds later.
    2.  When you have to press O to grab Pandora from falling I did it in the last second.  She fell but the game kept going.  Had to restart.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By MildMolasses

No bugs yet, but anytime I play this game, the fans in my ps3 start going apeshit. The last time that happened was during U2, but that was 2 or 3 times out of the 3 times I played through it. So far this has happened everytime with GoW III, and after about 15 minutes. At this rate, I'm going to finish this game in a month. Oddly enough, I played through Dante;s Inferno a bunch and that never happened. I guess we know how much better GoW is

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By amir90

the only glitch my friend encountered was he got stuck on the ground during the first boss fight.

Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Blitzer

R not working properly.

Sound skipping, cutting out for a minute or 2 then coming back and still skipping.

Possibly a bad disc?

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @MB said:
    " The only glitchy thing I ran into in GoW3 was that activating the save points was sometimes hit and miss, like I'd have to walk away from the area then go back to it in order to get the R1 prompt. I didn't experience any of the bugs you mentioned. "
    I had this. Also, at some point in "HADES REALM!!!" I ran into a spot where I jumped and fell into a pit, over and over, even though I shouldn't have been falling.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

Beat the game without encountering any glitches.

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By TerraDelu
    @MB: I've had the same issue, but if I tap the Square button, then the R1 prompt shows up. 
    John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By John1912
    Levers can be hard to get R1 to show up, but I dont think thats a glitch so much as they had a really small spot you need to be on to get it to pop up.  Otherwise got knocked off my feet and stayed in mid air animation until I was hit out of it.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive

i ran into these problems once or twice in gow2, mainly the button prompt showing up at doors and save points

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By darkvare

i only got one fighting a boss he hitted me while dodging and kratos was left in his falling animation but then a small enemy hitted me and it fixed it

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By spankingaddict
    @MB said:
    " The only glitchy thing I ran into in GoW3 was that activating the save points was sometimes hit and miss, like I'd have to walk away from the area then go back to it in order to get the R1 prompt. I didn't experience any of the bugs you mentioned. "
    this...
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fenixrevolution

During the first boss battle when you go from hanging from Gaia's hand to being back on top of her hand, I got stuck in a tree or mid air, can't remember, and ended up getting killed by the boss because I wasn't able to move.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By MildMolasses

I got a weird one. Right after getting those Lion glove-things, you're in a cave with a bunch of those soldiers with the blue shields. I killed all but one, and for some reason that last one was invincible. No matter what weapon or special attack I used, no damage would be done. Luckily it wasn't one of those battles that need to conclude in order to trigger the next event, so I just ran away and jumped into the sewers and kept going
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EVO

When I returned to Aphrodite's I went back for seconds... you know how it pans over to those two girls? Well, there was only one; the blonde at the back. The dialogue and everything was exactly the same, only her mouth was way outta sync and she was feeling up thin air. When she fell over at the end I nearly pissed my pants. One of the funniest glitches I've ever encountered.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By canucks23
    @MB said:
    Yea this was the only problem i ran into.
    Mandiggidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mandiggidy

I would have to say even though they are not glitches that the invisible walls are bullshit in this game and somehow feel arbitrarily placed.  I think 90% of my deaths in this game were due to this sole factor. 
    as for real glitches I encountered 

-In Hades had the music start glitching and overlapping, then utter silence..... 
    -In the first battle with Zeus, he disappeared......and never reappered....leaving me wondering wtf was gonna happen next.....but nothing did..........reboot 
    -A few ragdoll glitchy moments due to invisible walls......fucking invisible walls.....

Not that big of a deal, but for a game that is that mainstreamed, i expected a bit more overall polish from it. 

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Akeldama
    @MB said:
    " The only glitchy thing I ran into in GoW3 was that activating the save points was sometimes hit and miss"
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Binman88

I had some camera glitchiness when running side to side in the first sequence where you face off against poseidon. As I ran to the right the camera would kinda pop or zoom in a bit, and then pop back out when I went further right (same going from right to left).

soccerkid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By soccerkid82

I've been having a problem with anytime you have to hold a button down.  To open chests I hold down my R1 button, but the animation kind of resets itself (i.e. he'll reach for the chest, but then stands back straight as if i removed my finger from the button).  Same goes with holding X to use my icarus wings.  I double jump but the game doesn't register that I've held the button.  I thought it might just be my controller, but when I borrowed another controller, same problems arose.  Anyone else having this trouble?

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@MB said:
    Same.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vitor
    @spankingaddict said:
    " @MB said:
    this... "
    That and the sound and video for cutscene sometimes stutters before catching up with itself. 

I also have the issue whereby the game becomes mediocre 5 hours in post final Titan boss fight - which is a damned shame coes the 5 hours leading up to it were mostly quality stuff
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By JoelTGM
    @Icemael said:
    " @MoeQawama: Guess they aren't going to patch it, then... bummer. I was really looking forward to this game, too... it's like, the demo was awesome, the footage looked fantastic, and the review scores were stellar, and now that I've finally gotten my hands on the game, my entire experience is ruined by a bug that probably isn't widespread enough to warrant a patch? Man, this sucks

@BionicMonster said:
    " @Icemael said:
    Sarcasm is totally always the best way to express an opinion. "
    It's a god of war game.  It sounds like you just plain don't like god of war, so don't play it.  The only reason I say it like that is because I find it strange that I played the same game as you, and was totally amazed, whereas you thought it was... mediocre.  I don't know what games you've been playing to call god of war 3 a mediocre mess.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#35  Edited By citizenkane
    @MB said:
    That is the only bug I found while playing, too.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Icemael
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " @Icemael said:
    "@BionicMonster said:
    " @Icemael said:
    Sarcasm is totally always the best way to express an opinion. "
    It's a god of war game.  It sounds like you just plain don't like god of war, so don't play it.  The only reason I say it like that is because I find it strange that I played the same game as you, and was totally amazed, whereas you thought it was... mediocre.  I don't know what games you've been playing to call god of war 3 a mediocre mess. "
    I liked God of War II. It was a heavily flawed game with awful boss fights and even more awful set pieces (the pegasus-riding segment might just be the worst on-rails sequence I've ever seen in a game; the scholar segment is definitely the worst escort mission), but the core combat was pretty fun. I loved God of War: Chains of Olympus. The boss fights were a blast, it didn't have any stupid set pieces, and thanks to better enemy positioning, a superior control system and a great secondary weapon, the core combat was amazing.

This is not an issue of me not liking the God of War series (if I didn't, I would never have bought the game at full price, day one, and I would definitely not have considered getting the Ultimate Trilogy Edition, which I was dead set on buying until they announced the price); it's an issue of me not liking God of War III. The core combat is ruined by awful enemy positioning ("Hey, let's throw five hundred cannon fodder enemies on the screen, effectively making the game play like Dynasty Warriors!"), a convoluted control scheme and mediocre secondary weapons, and instead of being frustrating, the boss fights and set pieces are something even worse; mind-numbingly boring. Aside from the occasional "Wow, this environment/character model/special effect looks good" or "Hey, this fight is kind of fun. I hope the subsequent parts of the game are less like the previous ones, and more like this" (they weren't), the game didn't make me feel anything. It's one of the -- if not the -- most boring, uninvolving action games I've ever played. As far as I'm concerned, its only redeeming features are the graphics (which I don't really care about; I'm more of an art direction kind of guy than a "look how sharp the main character's goatee looks" kind of guy) and the puzzles (which are few and far between).

As for better action games I've played, there are the aforementioned God of War II and God of War: Chains of Olympus, as well as Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 3 & 4 and God Hand.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.