Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

Where is the best place to get the 1000 hit combo trophy?

sickboy024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sickboy024

is there a certain level or area where everyone is getting this? can i use the combat arena and just have a bunch of soldiers respawning forever? 

n e help would be appreciated 

EDIT: seems no u cant use the combat arena since i managed to get a 2000 hit combo and no trophy. i've played thru the game twice now and the most ive gotten is about 250 and the only reason it wasn't more is because everyone was dead

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ToxicFruit

Hercules is probable a good place or when you meet the centaur when you enter tartarus 

sickboy024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sickboy024

i got it. i just ended up cheating it with the Hades Claws. just find a good spot with a lot of foot soldiers and a wall, keep the claws level 1 and just keep ripping souls out of the enemies. it does no damage to them and u can even get hit a bunch of times without it breaking the combo. took about 2-3 minutes

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By jacdg
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By MildMolasses

I thought I remembered someone saying that you could do it on the scorpion, so long as you didn't use the cestus. I don't know if that would work, plus the dog rooms seems like a much better idea
    Elite_Jason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Elite_Jason

Last section of game was when I got it. I managed to loop a sequence and get it. 

After Zeus starts cloning himself... within Gaia
      1. Gather everybody close to the heart of Gaia, 
      2.  Spam the electric magic from the Clawed whip (Last obtainable weapon, if I remember correctly) 
      3.  As the clones start dying, they release a few magic orbs. Try to keep your magic meter 50% or better. 
      4. When Zeus goes down on one knee, ready for the Quick time event, keep attacking with magic and blades, 
      5. He will recover and release a bunch of orbs, refilling your magic to max 
      6. Loop this process, until you reach 1000+, may take a few tries.
    Signpost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Signpost

I got it in the area immediately after getting the Claws of Hades.  Once you swim up into the room and it tells you to use the souls of hades or whatever.  There are a lot of soldiers that spawn.  Use the L1+O soul grab move and just spam it till you hit 1000, I had a 1100 hit combo by the time the last guys died, and that is with accidentally grabbing a couple enemies and smashing them.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kazzurak

I did it on the scorpion boss, which is quite easy to be honest, all you have to do is to rush behind one of him "damage-able" legs and start hammering it (the scorpion will be stunned and he wont summon little scorpions - only if done right ofc)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.