Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Knack II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 05, 2017

Knack is back with 2-player co-op (even though there was co-op in the first game).

Knack II releases September 5, 2017. How invested are you in the Knackiverse?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Knack II releases September 5, 2017. How invested are you in the Knackiverse? (171 votes)

I want, no, need, to live in the Knackiverse like those Avatar fans who are sad because they can't live on Pandora. Life is incomplete in our reality and the only thought that gives me solace is that one day I might be able to visit the Knackiverse through Playstation VR. 10/10 Knackiverse investment. 19%
    I have tattoos of Knack, Gundahar and Dr. Vargas. And not easy to hide shoulder tattoos or anything. Neck tattoos. Knack II will be going right on the forehead. 11/10 Knackiverse investment. 19%
    I bought Knack at full price. I will be buying Knack 2 for full price too even though it will probably drop to $20 by September 7, 2017. 12/10 Knackiverse investment. 11%
    I am Mark Cerny. As a tween I had a vision. Knack. Since then I have spent ever waking moment trying to realize that dream. Everything I did, from creating Marble Madness and Kid Chameleon to architecting the Playstation 4 (I call it the Playstation Knack) was done in service of Knack. Knack is the guiding star of my life and my entire existence has been nothing more than a journey to Knack. You might say that since I created Knack I am a god to him, but he has shaped me so thoroughly that he's like a god to me too, and yes, I do worship him. We are eternally locked in this relationship, like two stars orbiting each other, and when i die I want my ashes pressed into a Knack Blu-Ray so we can finally be merged into a single entity. 7/10 Knackiverse investment. 51%

Knack II will be upon us soon. The first game was a megaton bomb of excitement on the greatest console ever, the Playstation 4, and the idea of their making another game just fills all of us Knackyboys with delight and excitement. How invested are you, personally, in the Knackiverse and all its colorful locales and characters? Do you have Knack bedsheets? The Knack soundtrack playing constantly in your room? Have you called the Apple Store to ask whether they have any Knackintosh computers in stock? Have you had a bunch of tiny little Knack dreams that combine into one giant, full-sized Knack dream?

What are your thoughts on the Knackiverse and how excited are you to return to it?

• 
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I liked Knack a lot. More of a brawler than a platformer, the checkpoints were bad, and the game was just too long. But I'm really looking forward to a refined sequel because launch games are launch games.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art style still looks like shitty Canadian saturday morning CGI cartoon, but...since we're not really getting any other Sony exclusives besides Lost Legacy and Horizon DLC this year anymore I guess, maybe I'll give in. Definitely waiting on reviews first, though.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knack Souls II was the worst of the series. Only for casuals.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I wish i was knack

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sony has a knack for making quirky characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
    deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like your polls.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zaccheus

10/10 Knacks for this poll.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InternetDotCom

I have tattoos of all of my favorite Knack characters like Knack, Knock, Jim, Evil Knack, WaKnack, Kcank,

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I love the reverance games media guys have for Cerny and he's so into making Knack. I find it hilarious.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Knack 1 is a good game. I still stand firm in that belief.

Also, this is a quality thread.

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Knack was a fine launch title.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BrainScratch

you sure have a knack for good polls

No Caption Provided
    OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played knack but the trailer for this looked alright to me? I don't know

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, it was flawed in a few ways, but overall it was a fine title. I'm looking forward to more.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By whitegreyblack

Knack only started to click for me in the final 1-2 hours, but I traded it in after finishing it with no intention of ever thinking about it again. But now, in the last couple of months... I've been considering re-buying the game to give it another play through. I think that more than qualifies me as the biggest Knack fan on planet Earth.

In all seriousness, I am a little tempted by Knack 2 at the lower price but in the end the USD$39/CAD$49 price may do more harm than good regarding me ever buying it, since the game may not hit the <$20 sweet spot is has to reach in order for me to ever give it a shot (at least, before I can talk sense into myself and cross it off my want list).

Gundahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, my user name is Gundahaar. Soooooooooo... I'm genuinely excited, especially since they seem to be putting a focus on playing with 2 people (which is how I played the first one).

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Knack has been the guiding inspiration for my life.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't spend time playing it even if someone gave it to me for free. There are too many awesome games from this year I haven't had time to play.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

We're only a month away from our bringer of joy melting our beaming faces off when we open up the cases and get hit, Raiders of the Lost Ark-style. Let us all rejoice, as we are close to the freedom and cheer promised to us by Knack 2: Gettin' Knackier.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By glots

But will there be a new, made-exclusively-for Knack 2 song by The Heavy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I thought about choosing buying Knack 2 at full price for a 12/10 investment, but Idk that I'm thatinvested. I mean I have Knack tattoos and am ready for my Knack 2 tattoo, but full price for a video game? That's a little much for me.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: Everybody's Golf, Yakuza Kiwami, Gran Turismo Sport are all coming out this year and are PS4 exclusives. There's a couple others, but those are probably the biggest.

I never played Knack. I got PS4 at release but never got around to buying it. It seemed fine. I've a few friends who tell me it's good. The only people who still seem to perpetuate the joke about not needing another Knack or nobody wanting another Knack or Knack being this thing that should not be seem to be on this site and mainly called Alex Navarro.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

truly knack 2 is the Destiny of our generation.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By glots

@glots: Everybody's Golf, Yakuza Kiwami, Gran Turismo Sport are all coming out this year and are PS4 exclusives. There's a couple others, but those are probably the biggest.

In my defense, Gran Turismo at least got dated after I posted that...aaand Everybody's Golf I have no personal interest for, but it certainly is coming out! Yakuza, tho, that I might even play myself if Beast In The East won't jump to it immediately. You're right about there being smaller games, of course. Matterfall from Housemarque is out just next week as an example.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I got my nephew to start playing PS4 and he is playing Knack right now since his mother got it for him. It's a kids game. It never should have been marketed to adults but Sony had nothing else to show. That's about it.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

These poll options are magnificent. I can't believe I missed the pure beauty of this thread until now.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By oldenglishc

Knack Souls is strictly for the core. Casuals need not apply.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my investment in the "Knackiverse":

What's Knack?

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Here's my investment in the "Knackiverse":

What's Knack?

Knack is a videogame. Some call it a way of life, but I'm not willing to go that far yet.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

As some other user said Knack is a totally okay challegning brawler with some bad checkpoints and occasional frame rate drops unfortunately. It's nowhere near the best game on PS4 but it's definitely not as bad as a lot of people say.

It's biggest crime is a bland cast of characters, a story that it is weirdly serious, long distance between checkpoints and frame rate drops. But the combat I actually found fun. It was super challenging but fair as long as you paid attention and knew when to dodge and when to attack. It totally works. It was also satisfying when Knack got bigger and you suddenly can one hit kill the enemies that used to one hit kill you.

Knack has a good satisfying core concept it's just sorrounded by some unfortunate downsides.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had fun with Knack. A more refined sequel could also be fun.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Knack 2 babbeeeeeee

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I literally have to remind myself every time it's mentioned that Knack 2 is a real thing and not a running joke that Austin and Patrick created.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just seeing the word Knackiverse makes me instantly check out.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: I will admit I didn't notice the age of your post or even this thread, sorry!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By glots

They just released a demo today, surprisingly enough, so I guess we can test the magic of Knack ourselves now.

Man, this game's tough. I guess those comments about the first Knack being surprisingly hard weren't just kidding. The enemies kicked my ass pretty good even on Normal, don't want to think about how it'd go on Very Hard. I'll say that it sure would help if I could target a specific enemy when fighting, don't really understand how the hell that is not a thing. Would especially make dodging some of those projectiles easier.

It played well enough, though the demo basically only consisted of arena fighting with some very light platforming in between. Just...I wish this wasn't Knack. I know I sound like a broken record, but the bland visual style would make my two-year old self embarrassed over how saturday morning cartoon-ish it is.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Can't wait!

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember liking some things about the first game. I even felt compelled enough to finish it. 100% of the time I was not exactly sober, (I'm assuming that's how I was able to finish it) but I remember that game making no sense.

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not like Knack at all and I do not expect this game to be any better. I would love to be proven wrong.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I very recently tried to play Kanck and couldn't get past chapter 4. It was mind-numbingly boring.

I am going to by Kanck 2 though because I really enjoyed playing the demo with my wife.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WheresDerrick

@pompouspizza said:

I very recently tried to play Kanck and couldn't get past chapter 4. It was mind-numbingly boring.

I am going to by Kanck 2 though because I really enjoyed playing the demo with my wife.

I gotta ask, is remember spelled incorrectly in your avatar on purpose?

I'm interested in a quick look of Knack 2, that's about as far as my interest goes.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wheresderrick: ...I honestly never noticed until you just said it. I've had it for years too.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched some of Brad's stream and apparently Knack can talk.

Knack should never fucking talk.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contrary to the reviews, I don't think Knack was a bad game.

Its problem is that it was a kids' game with a teen rating.

The story and art style were very engaging for my boy, who was five when he played, and completed Knack. He has since played through it every year and is looking forward to Knack 2.

I played through Knack, too, as there was not a lot out in those launch days of the PS4. I enjoyed it just fine.

I probably won't play through the sequel, though, as there are so many great games competing for my time.

It is, however, already pre-ordered for my son.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The first one came bundled with the PS4 I bought. I finished it and liked it, I don't see myself getting the sequel though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.