Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 31, 2017

A prequel to the initial Life is Strange game, focused on Chloe's life.

Anybody play "Farewell", the bonus episode of Life is Strange: Before the Storm? (spoilers)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

I thought it was a pretty powerful (half) episode. It had a ton of great moments and perfectly hit that LiS melancholic nostalgic tone. A detail I particularly liked (and pretty sure was intentional?) was the line delivery by the returning voice actors of Max and Chloe, Hannah Telle and Ashley Burch. I'm not sure if they did this in the LiS Season 1 flashbacks (I don't think they did) but in this episode, they sounded a bit different, a bit younger. You could hear their voices but they were softer.

I'm not sure how I feel about the way the events unfolded at the end. The car accident happens the day Max reveals she's moving? She moves the day of Bill's (Chloe's dad's funeral)? Maybe they mentioned these things before and I'm just not remembering but it felt too neatly tragic. Nonetheless, the episode was moving and hearing Max through the tape recorder, watching Chloe listen to that, man...

Deck Nine did a really good job filling out Chloe's backstory with the entire prequel season. Sad I'm through with Arcadia Bay but I'm really glad we got to see more of the town.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I was apprehensive about this episode back when I first heard about it, and didn't feel much better due to not really liking the way that Before the Storm's main story played out and some of the decisions the developers made throughout. I was actually really pleasantly surprised, though, at how much I enjoyed this Bonus episode, and very glad that it fit in fairly well with the original game. Bringing back the original VAs was a nice touch, though I think all involved did a pretty great job.

The events taking place in such a small time frame does seem a bit contrived for maximum tragedy, but I felt like it was a pretty believable chain of events. They mentioned in the original game that Max's family moved shortly after the accident, and when you see the morning of the crash back in Life is Strange, the girls certainly aren't acting as though one of them is leaving town. I felt like it was a pretty smartly written addition to the overall story, and a much better way to leave things than BtS episode 3. That post-credits stinger was a real dick move!

So, yeah. It was a good ending. I'm happy with it, and actually glad that this is hopefully the last we'll really see of these characters. I'm a big fan of letting stories end in the right place, and this one certainly feels like it's wrapped up. I do look forward to whatever they're doing for Season 2, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.