Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mad Max

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

An open world action game with an emphasis on vehicular combat, based on the Mad Max character from the series of Australian post-apocalyptic films by George Miller.

First Mad Max Gameplay Trailer!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nilazz

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Looks pretty radical! I was disappointed that Avalanche chose to work on this first instead of Just Cause 3, but now I'm really looking foward to play Mad Max.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

Man I am definitely looking forward to seeing how well they realize the car stuff (combat/traversal/openworld). Rage had neat Mad Max / Deathrace style cars but failed to really do anything with them.

Also it's prolly just me but it's a bit weird seeing the iconic Mad Max leather armor in a game of the actual thing that originated it, after seeing it for so long in the Fallout games that borrowed quite a few of their inspirations from that style of a post-apoc setting (mixed in with 50s sci-fi)

Loving how it all looks so far, pretty awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
    deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

same day as MGS 5 damn..

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That looks pretty fucking cool.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

same day as MGS 5 damn..

Yeah I think that's a horrible mistake...... Game looks great though and I can't wait to buy it on sale after I get MGS5 at launch.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a huge Mad Max fan; it's okay. This however does look pretty cool. At first, I was kind of hesitant because I thought they could do something with guns in the game, but the combat still looks good. I hope roaming the world is interesting too. I'm not sure about getting it first day and playing it though, I mean, MGS5 comes out then... I'd get it after, or play it after probably.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: ya even a week later would of been better, this game does look awesome but a movie game (or that's how most people will see it) going up against the biggest game of the year, bad move.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks really cool,but not completely sold yet.will need to see more.

hojufixter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is looking real good. Glad the Australian accents are still present too.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: ya even a week later would of been better, this game does look awesome but a movie game (or that's how most people will see it) going up against the biggest game of the year, bad move.

i'd bet any money that this will outsell mgs on opening week. the average joe doesn't even know what mgs is, and this is exactly the kind of game the average joe goes nuts for. it'll have all the hype, all the marketing, all the cod crowd.

it looks solid too.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks really awesome. As soon as i saw the part where Max is hunting the transports, my first thought was thinking how cool it would be if this game had a nemesis system like in Mordor.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

@thebrokenpinion said:

i'd bet any money that this will outsell mgs on opening week. the average joe doesn't even know what mgs is, and this is exactly the kind of game the average joe goes nuts for. it'll have all the hype, all the marketing, all the cod crowd.

it looks solid too.

I don't think you know how popular MGS is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh: No way Mad Max outsells MGS, I am guessing around 750,000 units for MGS week one Mad max around 250,000

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Holy shit it seems like this stiff narration of game play mechanics is the new thing.

Ever since that GTA V online trailer I've noticed it more and more.

Game looks really neat though.

Here's to hoping it's not Shadow of Mordor/Batman Combat w/ fetch quests in a desert!

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voshinova: Rockstar have been doing it since Red Dead Redemption, and more and more people have been copying it.. and if you ask me, it sucks.

The game looks promising though, although the gameplay gives me a very janky feeling. And the trailer seems a bit one note, with most of it being arkham/AC melee combat. I assume it's gonna be an open-world game (at least I hope so), yet it does very little to show interesting areas, places and people. The style is spot on though.

Avatar image for pixelsnthoughts
    pixelsnthoughts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I was ready to shit all over this game but I had faith in Avalanche. This trailer shows a superior Mad Max experience versus the NES experience.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HH

@thebrokenpinion: @manhattan_project: fair enough, but i'm gonna stick with my bet. last mgs was 7 years ago, and mad max is feeding directly off this year's movie, which, being made by George Miller himself, is gonna be better than the average reboot nomatter what, even if it's not that great, and the game is clearly a lot more than just a tie-in. i understand the reverence gamers have for mgs, i just think that world is insulated, and lesser in size and dollar value than the world of people who own consoles but don't care about the industry at all, and only pay attention when something visceral like this turns up.

HisHeroIsGone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was that the THUNDERDOME?

This game looks awesome

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGSV same day, and the good chance that Fallout 4 is coming this year, i'll defiantly be skipping this.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I think everyone had written this game completely off and it feels so nice to be pleasantly surprised. Who knows, maybe it will still completely suck, but that trailer gives hope.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit it seems like this stiff narration of game play mechanics is the new thing.

Ever since that GTA V online trailer I've noticed it more and more.

Game looks really neat though.

Here's to hoping it's not Shadow of Mordor/Batman Combat w/ fetch quests in a desert!

I'd play that.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@hh said:

@thebrokenpinion said:

it looks solid too.

You sir, are drunk. The name Metal Gear Solid probably has more cashé in North America and Europe than Mad Max does...unless you are over 35. Is that good? Hell no, because Metal Gear games are for people who peel lead paint of their windows to eat...severe brain damage people....but there is no denying it is known and popular.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42: word. It honestly feels a bit lazy to me. Like someone did a last minute trailer with a voice actor/tress and bullet point list of mechanics and it somehow stuck.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man this is looking great!

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@hh said:

@thebrokenpinion said:

it looks solid too.

You sir, are drunk. The name Metal Gear Solid probably has more cashé in North America and Europe than Mad Max does...unless you are over 35. Is that good? Hell no, because Metal Gear games are for people who peel lead paint of their windows to eat...severe brain damage people....but there is no denying it is known and popular.

I don't know if I should flag your comment or not.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I have never seen the Mad Max films before, even though my dad is addicted to them. But this looks pretty damn awesome and it looks absolutely gorgeous too! Never expected any less in the visual department from Avalanche though.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man this game looks pretty damn rad. I actually hope it gets delayed a bit so we have time to enjoy MGSV.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game looks fucking doooooope. The fact that they included slow beats like scavenging for food/parts/gas has me just as excited as the action bits; so many games don't do any sort of pacing. The combat (both on foot and vehicular) looks fun, exploration looks like it matters, there are RPG elements and the world reacts to your actions? Sign me up.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@deranged: You should watch Mad Max 2 and 3, they are real trippy. Basically the entire inspiration for Fallout, you know, the good ones anyway.. (1 and 2)

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@nilazz: I hope this feeds my desire for a Fallout style, "search the wasteland" adventure game. It looks cool, but I hope it isn't just a linear (or mostly linear) trek across the desert, then you kill Scrotus and go home.

esuing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After playing MGS: Ground Zeroes a couple weeks ago, if this and MGS5 come out on the same day, I'll probably opt for this game. Obviously, we have to see more, but the trailer has me hyped. I love that style of melee combat and if they can add in compelling vehicular combat (something that previous Arkham/Mordor/AC games didn't have) I'm all in. Avalanche does over-the-top action sequences very well, so I'm optimistic.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#34 sweep  Moderator

Hey gang, the staff have finally posted the gameplay video over here, so we're going to close this thread and ask that you use the "official" one instead to prevent duplicate discussions.

Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.