Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

BioWare email is pretty disgusting.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#151  Edited By Commisar123

It is certainly dumb

joles434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By joles434

Oh boy, here comes to legion of BioDrones that are defending this.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By cexantus

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round
    You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round

But it's not really that big of a spin. Regardless of what you thought of the ending, it doesn't change the fact that:

A. Mass Effect 3 is a quality product

B. People liked it alot.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By doobie

@joles434 said:

Oh boy, here comes to legion of BioDrones that are defending this.

is someone that like ME3 a bioDrone. cos i think i might be one.

fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By fRAWRst

nice, bioware keepin it classy

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

It's not that bad... I've seen much worse...

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By cexantus

@joles434:

Yeah, because only "Biodrones" use common sense and realize that this is a practice used by nearly every company that advertises its product.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cexantus said:

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

But it's not really that big of a spin. Regardless of what you thought of the ending, it doesn't change the fact that:

A. Mass Effect 3 is a quality product

B. People liked it alot.

Nah, my point is that this picture was posted before the whole ending controversy (among other things in the game) blew up on the internet, and that they can still after that entire shitstorm release a pr statement that implies the very same thing. That's spin. 
    khidi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By khidi

I find the"over 75 perfect scores" funnier than the actual quote. How much those cost to EA? Just wondering...

I'd like to see those perfect scores, but then again anything can be perfect if you encourage reviewers with enough *cough* money *cough*.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By doobie

@khidi said:

I find the"over 75 perfect scores" funnier than the actual quote. How much those cost to EA? Just wondering...

I'd like to see those perfect scores, but then again anything can be perfect if you encourage reviewers with enough *cough* money *cough*.

i've always wondered why if its so easy to buy perfect review why every game doesnt have one. you'd think it would just be common practice and budgeted for.

or is it just EA cos there EVIL!!!!!

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By 9cupsoftea

@doobie: I'm sure if companies wanted to buy a review score they wouldn't just dump a bag of money on a writer's desk and tell them the number they want. I imagine by 'buying' people mean sending reviewer's swag, inviting them to the company buildings for a hype-briefing and to play the game in favourable circumstances (along with a bunch of other excited journalists), and just paying PR people to keep a close relationship with reviewers. It might not sound like much, but reviewer's seem like an impressionable bunch to me.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By doobie

@9cupsoftea said:

@doobie: I'm sure if companies wanted to buy a review score they wouldn't just dump a bag of money on a writer's desk and tell them the number they want. I imagine by 'buying' people mean sending reviewer's swag, inviting them to the company buildings for a hype-briefing and to play the game in favourable circumstances (along with a bunch of other excited journalists), and just paying PR people to keep a close relationship with reviewers. It might not sound like much, but reviewer's seem like an impressionable bunch to me.

but if its so easy why does any game get a bad review

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#163  Edited By Cloudenvy

Spinning at its best.

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By 9cupsoftea

@doobie said:

@9cupsoftea said:

Cause it's too expensive for most games. Some games can barely afford advertising.

Plus I think it gets tricky when you look at the games that get great reviews. You can't sell someone a broken, buggy, piece of trash and tell them to give it a great review score - it's too much of a stretch. But you can give reviewers a rehashed, polished-looking sequel that has plenty of chintz but is a bit of a chore to play and get them to give it a great review, cause superficially nobody can see how bad it is.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By doobie

@9cupsoftea said:

@doobie said:

@9cupsoftea said:

Cause it's too expensive for most games. Some games can barely afford advertising.

Plus I think it gets tricky when you look at the games that get great reviews. You can't sell someone a broken, buggy, piece of trash and tell them to give it a great review score - it's too much of a stretch. But you can give reviewers a rehashed, polished-looking sequel that has plenty of chintz but is a bit of a chore to play and get them to give it a great review, cause superficially nobody can see how bad it is.

how expensive is it?

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#166  Edited By ErgoProxy77

If Bioware had allotted a large portion of marketing funds to game development instead there would be no problem. But no, they had to market the fuck out of everything, its a damn shame.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#167  Edited By jonnyboy

*Slow Clap*

To the marketing peeps at Bioware, I salute you. This just made my day.

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By 9cupsoftea

@doobie said:

@9cupsoftea said:

@doobie said:

@9cupsoftea said:

how expensive is it?

How would I know that? What I do know is that publishers allocate advertising budgets accordingly towards the end of a dev cycle for most games, so if a game looks like shit then they're not going to pump much money into it because it won't get much back.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#169  Edited By Brendan

@9cupsoftea said:

@doobie said:

@9cupsoftea said:

@doobie said:

@9cupsoftea said:

how expensive is it?

How would I know that? What I do know is that publishers allocate advertising budgets accordingly towards the end of a dev cycle for most games, so if a game looks like shit then they're not going to pump much money into it because it won't get much back.

He's trying to call you out for assuming that review scores are paid for. I agree with him. You are a paranoid internet person without a clue. You probably call out many review scores you disagree with as being "paid for". Your little quote up there about polished sequels? Maybe you simply don't like those as much as the average person does, so your opinion is in the minority. Introspection first, my man. Introspection first.

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By 9cupsoftea

@Brendan: I don't think review scores are paid for.

khidi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By khidi

@Brendan: While there might be some review scores that are actually bought, I was pointing out the "funny" fact that while ME3 is a good and even a great game, 75+ "perfect" scores just seems fishy IMO.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#172  Edited By Jimbo

"Potentially devastating and deadly consequences from each decision" is pretty good too. Potentially.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#173  Edited By Dagbiker

Some more quotes for Mass Effect 3

"Mehhh Ehhh Ehhh" - Jeff ( ME3 Quicklook )

"Pretty Much Trivial" - Jeff ( ME3 Quicklook )

Sgykah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Sgykah

@mordukai said:

@Sgykah said:

Damn you Bioware! Stop giving us free content for a multiplayer the fans never, ever wanted (although quite a few have begrudgingly agreed that it's pretty decent).

Dopamine. It's called Dopamine.

:( I'm too stupid to know what you're trying to say... :( Are you referring to Dopamine excess? Which would cause psychosis? Also amenorrhea and lactation in men... Are you saying Bioware is lactating in their ad? Or do they not have enough dopamine, and so they're experiencing Parkisonianism? Or maybe it's systemic effects of dopamine like vomiting and nausea. Help. I need help.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#175  Edited By mordukai

@Sgykah said:

@mordukai said:

@Sgykah said:

Damn you Bioware! Stop giving us free content for a multiplayer the fans never, ever wanted (although quite a few have begrudgingly agreed that it's pretty decent).

Dopamine. It's called Dopamine.

:( I'm too stupid to know what you're trying to say... :( Are you referring to Dopamine excess? Which would cause psychosis? Also amenorrhea and lactation in men... Are you saying Bioware is lactating in their ad? Or do they not have enough dopamine, and so they're experiencing Parkisonianism? Or maybe it's systemic effects of dopamine like vomiting and nausea. Help. I need help.

My god you took my comment to parts unknown.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By cexantus

@9cupsoftea:

Oh boy--this shit again.

I like how it's only games that people have turned against (Halo, Call of Duty, and now Mass Effect) are the ones that are apparently capable of "buying reviewers off."

OH RIGHT!!! I forgot this only applies when people like games "you" don't--because that's terrible.

If Bioware had allotted a large portion of marketing funds to game development instead there would be no problem. But no, they had to market the fuck out of everything, its a damn shame.

I don't even....

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doobie said:

@khidi said:

i've always wondered why if its so easy to buy perfect review why every game doesnt have one. you'd think it would just be common practice and budgeted for.

Yeah, I'm getting really sick of the "zomg all reviews of a game is bought and paid for" conspiracy theory bullshit. Nobodies ever had any proof of an exchange of funds over such things. You'd think such a thing would be a big controversy that somebody, somewhere, would've written about for fame and fortune, no?

Let's face the facts, even if the ending of ME3 sucked, the game itself was fun. Critics liked it, critics scored it based on their enjoyment of it. There was no evil shadowy exchange of cash involved. e.e

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@allworkandlowpay said:

@doobie said:

@khidi said:

Yeah, I'm getting really sick of the "zomg all reviews of a game is bought and paid for" conspiracy theory bullshit. Nobodies ever had any proof of an exchange of funds over such things. You'd think such a thing would be a big controversy that somebody, somewhere, would've written about for fame and fortune, no?

Let's face the facts, even if the ending of ME3 sucked, the game itself was fun. Critics liked it, critics scored it based on their enjoyment of it. There was no evil shadowy exchange of cash involved. e.e

I'm not saying that any of the reviews were paid for, but I'm wondering where the hell these supposed reviews are. As I said earlier in this thread:

And I count about 15 perfect scores on Metacritic, so where are they pulling the number 75 out of their ass? Are they counting user scores? Are they counting You Tube fan reviews made before the game was even released? Did they ask BioWare employees to write up a short paragraph about the game, and then give the game a score between 9 and 11?
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By MideonNViscera

@JeanLuc said:

No Caption Provided

I don't care what your opinion is on the endings, you have to admit this is really shitty. This is marketing spin at its worst, or best depending how you look at it. BioWare I love you, or at least I want too, but shit like this isn't helping you.

Well, it's true. Also, it wouldn't have happened if we all didn't love Mass Effect, and beat the 3rd game.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By TheHumanDove

I lol'd

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#181  Edited By MrSlapHappy

Yeah, it sure looks like marketing to me.

otzlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By otzlowe

I'm getting the sense that you people don't realize that a controversial fan reaction to the ending that is this strong indicates the amount of investment (and thereby quality) of the rest of the fucking game(s). If Mass Effect was just bad and had a bad ending, that would be the end of it. No one would talk about it. You people bitch because you love it otherwise.

But no, please, continue to complain at every opportunity.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Otzlowe said:

I'm getting the sense that you people don't realize that a controversial fan reaction to the ending that is this strong indicates the amount of investment (and thereby quality) of the rest of the fucking game(s).

I know I certainly realize that.

@Otzlowe said:

But no, please, continue to complain at every opportunity.

Oh, I absolutely will.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#184  Edited By Milkman

Anyone getting angry about this is being ridiculous. Explain to me how that statement is not 100% true.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MooseyMcMan: Yeah pretty much, it's scummy, but any big company can't let the urge go to exploit it.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By EmuLeader

No PR is bad PR, and the statement isn't a lie. Sounds dirty, but it's a smart marketing move. And when you think about it, the reason for the big reaction was due to the attachment to the game from the players and how much they had invested into the story. The statement is just saying so many people were so attached to the series and ME3 itself that when they felt the need to express themselves about the end.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By xyzygy

You're right. That is absolutely disgusting. Jesus Christ I hate what EA has turned Bioware into.

@Milkman said:

Anyone getting angry about this is being ridiculous. Explain to me how that statement is not 100% true.

No one is saying it's not true - it's just being placed out of context and makes you think that the fan reaction has been 100% positive.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#188  Edited By mazik765

I don't see why that's disgusting. If anything it takes something that was totally vile (the bullshit people did about the ending) and turned it against those very same people. Kudos to Bioware marketing.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#189  Edited By TheHT

"BIGGER, MORE INTENSE, AND EVEN SEXIER."

Yeah. They should fire their quote guy.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@xyzygy said:

You're right. That is absolutely disgusting. Jesus Christ I hate what EA has turned Bioware into.

@Milkman said:

No one is saying it's not true - it's just being placed out of context and makes you think that the fan reaction has been 100% positive.

Exactly.

There was a test today at my school, and I didn't get a single question wrong! ... Because I skipped class today.

Every time I have a first date, the girl always ends up in my bed! ... Thanks to this ether soaked rag.

Our game got 75 perfect scores, and provoked a massive fan reaction! ... Because the game is good, and the ending is fucking horrible.

Just because a statement is true, that doesn't mean that it's not complete bullshit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the next Mario game ends with him violently raping children so that tagline can be usurped.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By boboblaw

I think its less that they are saying the fan reaction has been 100% positive and more that the story/ending HAS to be seen.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#193  Edited By briangodsoe

@nintendoeats said:

Said journalist is %100 right. The ending HAS provoked a bigger fan reaction than any other game in history. The quote has just been taken grossly out of context. To the degree that it might actually be lawsuit worthy.

LETS GET EM BOYS!

SarjuTheRapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By SarjuTheRapper
    @briangodsoe: are you talking to me? cause for some reason I got that message in my pm box 

ah fuck it; im down
    815Sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By 815Sox

@Three0neFive said:

this just in, marketing exists

Yes. Don't know why this is a struggle. Far more controversial things have been done. Remember when tons and tons of oil leaked into the sea recently and F'd shit up bigtime and killed lots of animals? Remember, how the company at fault then declared that it actually really really loved that area of the country and was going to rebuild it? That same company kept grossly under-reporting the damage caused by the leak. Just a few days ago we see that it is still screwing up a very major food source for us.

You cannot say the "reaction was largely negative", you are taking a way too small sample size and generalizing it. Lots of people played the game and did not come on the internet to bitch about it. I also, have never heard one person complaining about the ending on multiplayer and that has always surprised me.

What do you want them to say? "A bunch of NeckBeards are pissed off at 10 minutes of the game and have started a "Hold the Line" campaign due to the ending!"

The ending was not great but it wasn't the abomination that some are making it out to be. It takes about 10 seconds of rational thought to see what they were trying to do with it. The ME series is/was a great series overall.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By hughesman

Its like they were saying on the bombcast. People care about the story, for better or worse this game has the biggest fan reaction in recent memory.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#197  Edited By Svenzon

Haha! Bioware, you guys are awesome. Don't ever let anyone tell you anything else.

815Sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By 815Sox

@briangodsoe said:

@nintendoeats said:

Said journalist is %100 right. The ending HAS provoked a bigger fan reaction than any other game in history. The quote has just been taken grossly out of context. To the degree that it might actually be lawsuit worthy.

LETS GET EM BOYS!

Its funny because frivolous lawsuits are becoming increasingly illegal. People in prison that are bored file them all the time. Filing a complaint about a video game ending will get laughed out of court at the very least.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By thedj93
    @815Sox said:

@briangodsoe said:

@nintendoeats said:

LETS GET EM BOYS!

Its funny because frivolous lawsuits are becoming increasingly illegal. People in prison that are bored file them all the time. Filing a complaint about a video game ending will get laughed out of court at the very least.

fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By fRAWRst

Yeah, id like to see any court system take this seriously.

You know how backed up legal systems are? You show them how your disappointed in a product and theyll tell you to shut the fuck up and stop wasting valuable time/resources.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.