Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Wikipedia has a section regarding the ending controversy

• 113 results
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Pinworm45

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@Napalm

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@Kevin_Cogneto

How do I form a petition to demand a less annoying fan base to Mass Effect 3?

I'll sign the living shit out of that. Regardless of whether it is a bad ending or not in my opinion, I will lose a tremendous amount of respect for Bioware if they retcon their artistic vision for this series because a bunch of whiny bitches don't like the outcome.

Retcon their artistic vision? The original ending retconned the entire fucking universe. There's a reason for the disappointment. It isn't misplaced.

Regardless of the circumstances leading up to it, Bioware released a finished, final product. Now if they decided as a part of their vision for the story that DLC would be released revealing it was all a dream or Shepard is in the matrix, or whatever, thats up to them (it's a shitty thing to do, mind). But if they turn around and go "ok guys, we'll rewrite the ending to be what you want, and yay everyone is alive and all is swell in the galaxy", that is completely destroying the integrity of their work, and is artistically bankrupt.

Did you care about the Arrival? Shadow Broker? What's the difference?

I also don't think anyone (at least not many people..) are asking them for a "yay everyone is alive and all is swell in the galaxy" ending.. Not only is that physically impossible (Billions die in the game lone..) but that disengenuously implies that peoples problem with the end is that it was "bleak.". It's not. That's not even close to what the problems with the ending are. It's horribly written, it's poorly executed, the ending videos are all EXACTLY the same minus a color change, the starchild is illogical and makes no sense, joker leaving battle with people that were right fucking next to you makes no sense, him managing to fly away (why was he even doing this?) makes no sense. None of your choices are ever addressed or expanded upon, the game makes ME1s entire plot make no sense (sovereign was pointless as the citadel was in control of itself. Why didn't it open for the reapers then? What the fuck was sovereign doing?). ME2 was pointless.

All of that are the problems with the ending, not that it is "bleak". I wanted a bleak ending. I did not want an ending that has all of the problems above, in edition to destroying the plots of the previous games.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By darkdragonmage99
    @Kevin_Cogneto:  I'm saying you're wrong it was EA's call anyone who knows Bioware's history and current state now can see that.
    Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By Liquidus

@Pinworm45:I gotta say I'd be totally down for a suicide mission storming Bioware HQ to get a proper ending to this trilogy that so deserves it :P

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Pinworm45

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45: I'm saying it's BioWare's call, and since this is obviously the ending they wanted, why in holy hell would they change it? If you really can't see the difference between you demanding that they fundamentally change their product, and me insisting that as the authors they have the right to control their own product, then really there is nothing that can be done for you.

It's not the ending the lead writer wanted. There's evidence that it's not the ending they are going with either (such as the twitter remarks implying that there's going to be more to it - in addition to the in game hints).

And again, I'm not "demanding" anything. I'm asking for it. No one here is asking that they "give up control of their product".. I mean shit, do you think that Mass Effect 2 was destroyed because they took out elevator sequences at the fans request?

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@Pinworm45 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45: I'm saying it's BioWare's call, and since this is obviously the ending they wanted, why in holy hell would they change it? If you really can't see the difference between you demanding that they fundamentally change their product, and me insisting that as the authors they have the right to control their own product, then really there is nothing that can be done for you.

It's not the ending the lead writer wanted. There's evidence that it's not the ending they are going with either (such as the twitter remarks implying that there's going to be more to it - in addition to the in game hints).

And again, I'm not "demanding" anything. I'm asking for it. No one here is asking that they "give up control of their product".. I mean shit, do you think that Mass Effect 2 was destroyed because they took out elevator sequences at the fans request?

Right. Trilogy ending, elevator sequences, same thing. This thread is bananas.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pinworm45

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

Okay, then explain to me at which point fans asking for changes becomes "demanding they destroy their artistic vision and relinquish control of their product"

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By napalm

@Pinworm45 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. STOP THE PRESSES. I want to know more about this. Please, spill all of the details you know. I... I must know. Who is the lead writer on this, and what did he want? So many questions. Pinworm, indulge me!

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Napalm: Apparently theres some info on that here: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/somethingawful-the-plot-of-me3-changed-dramatically-big-big-spoilers.250066288/

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@Pinworm45 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

Okay, then explain to me at which point fans asking for changes becomes "demanding they destroy their artistic vision and relinquish control of their product"

If the fans had forced BioWare to remove the elevators from ME1, your comparison would hold water. Again, fans can voice whatever opinions they want, if that includes suggestions about the next game then fine. But that's not what this is, clearly. Can you honestly categorize your requests as simple feedback? This is more like the internet equivalent of Kathy Bates in Misery tying down James Caan and torturing him until he agrees not to kill off her favorite character in his next novel.

CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Kevin_Cogneto: That's a little over dramatic but I get your point (didn't that destructoid article give the same example?). But remember, some of us just want a better explanation. Not a total rewrite free DLC patch. But I do still think that Mass Effect deserved a better ending.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By dtat

I want to start a petition to DLC a new better ending. I'm not saying it's a good idea. I'm just saying that's what I want to do.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By napalm

@CaptainCharisma said:

@Napalm: Apparently theres some info on that here: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/somethingawful-the-plot-of-me3-changed-dramatically-big-big-spoilers.250066288/

Eh. That is just more speculation beyond the first post.

I was hoping @Pinworm45 would talk more about the Twiiter hints. I only heard of one off-hand from the producer.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@CaptainCharisma: I didn't see the Destructoid article, I'll have to look it up.

I mean look, If you think Mass Effect deserved a better ending that's perfectly understandable. But I don't go around demanding that every work of fiction I was let ever down by should now be reworked or rewritten just because I didn't care for it. It seems like the very height of arrogance to me. Imagine writing to Stephen King (I have him on the mind today apparently) and saying "Look, The Stand is a great book and all, but that ending... well, a lot of us were talking and we think it was unsatisfying, so would you might rewriting it for us? Thanks a bunch." Only a crazy person does that, but somehow with gamers people seem to think it's fine. And I'm completely flabbergasted by it.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Pinworm45

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

If the fans had forced BioWare to remove the elevators from ME1, your comparison would hold water. Again, fans can voice whatever opinions they want, if that includes suggestions about the next game then fine. But that's not what this is, clearly. Can you honestly categorize your requests as simple feedback? This is more like the internet equivalent of Kathy Bates in Misery tying down James Caan and torturing him until he agrees not to kill off her favorite character in his next novel.

Define "forcing them to do it"? I'm not physically forcing them.. I'm not demanding they do it without compensation (I've actively said I'd pay for it).. Hell, I'm not even threatening to boycott their products, even though that wouldn't be forcing them anyway.

Me expressing that I'm unhappy with their ending is, literally, in your eyes, comparable for me fucking torturing their employees until they change it? Are you for fucking real?

CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Napalm: I didn't even bother reading past the first post and what it hid in the spoiler tags. But sorry I couldn't help you out there.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By jorbear

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

Bioware can make that happen, but only if you buy the $15 DLC.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Pinworm45

@Napalm said:

@Pinworm45 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. STOP THE PRESSES. I want to know more about this. Please, spill all of the details you know. I... I must know. Who is the lead writer on this, and what did he want? So many questions. Pinworm, indulge me!

It's mostly speculation, but from what I've read, they changed the endings shortly after the game leaked (maybe because they didn't want it to be spoiled, who knows), but when they changed the endings, it was after their lead writer, Drew Karpyshyn, had been pulled over to work on SWTOR. The worst part about this is that he quit writing for games (I sometimes wonder if he quit writing for games because this situation upset him, but only he knows that and even if it's true, he'll never admit it) so even if they do make a new ending, it won't be from him.

As for the twitter comments, someone from bioware wrote something along the lines of - the day the controversy started - "hardest. day. ever. All I can say is hold onto your copy of ME3.. we have plans".

Edit: here's the comment I meant: https://twitter.com/#!/GambleMike/status/177942797880541185

Another twitter comment from one of their writers was something like "Can't comment on ending yet. Not enough people finished. Have plans though".

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@Pinworm45 said:

Me expressing that I'm unhappy with their ending is, literally, in your eyes, comparable for me fucking torturing their employees until they change it? Are you for fucking real?

I can't tell if you're trolling me now, or if you're literally incapable of understanding a simple metaphor. See, I used the word "literally" because I know the difference between literally and metaphorically.

Either way I've got better things to do than this, I've made my case.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By napalm

@Pinworm45 said:

It's mostly speculation, but from what I've read, they changed the endings shortly after the game leaked (maybe because they didn't want it to be spoiled, who knows), but when they changed the endings, it was after their lead writer, Drew Karpyshyn, had been pulled over to work on SWTOR. The worst part about this is that he quit writing for games (I sometimes wonder if he quite writing for games because this situation upset him, but only he knows that and even if it's true, he'll never admit it) so even if they do make a new ending, it won't be from him.

As for the twitter comments, someone from bioware wrote something along the lines of - the day the controversy started - "hardest. day. ever. All I can say is hold onto your copy of ME3.. we have plans".

Another twitter comment from one of their writers was something like "Can't comment on ending yet. Not enough people finished. Have plans though".

Holy shit. This makes sense. That's why the ending feels like a mishmash compilation of random scenes, and not exactly cohesive.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. C'mon BioWare. I'm gunning for you guys this time! I just know something is coming, but I'm not sure! But it seems like it!

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pinworm45

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45 said:

I can't tell if you're trolling me now, or if you're literally incapable of understanding a simple metaphor. Either way I've got better things to do than this, I've made my case.

How is "you are doing the internet equivalent of tying down their employee and tortuing them" "simple metaphor"? It's comparing what I'm doing (which is simply writing my opinion on the internet to torture.

What exactly is it metaphorical for? For simply writing my opinion? so you think that tying someone and torturing them is a good metaphor for writing my opinion on the ending?

You know, the way you're disagreeing with me, it's a lot like how in Aliens, Sigourney's Character disagreed with Burke so she threatened to kill him. This is the internet equivalent of that.

Seriously?

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By AlKusanagi

Dear complainers,

Go play through Final Fantasy 13-2 to gain some perspective on what an actual terrible, game-destroying ending is.

Love,

Al

CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Kevin_Cogneto: Bro that was a pretty extreme metaphor though. Either way, I doubt you'll change the fact that he wanted a better ending and is willing to pay for it.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@Pinworm45 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45 said:

I can't tell if you're trolling me now, or if you're literally incapable of understanding a simple metaphor. Either way I've got better things to do than this, I've made my case.

How is "you are doing the internet equivalent of tying down their employee and tortuing them" "simple metaphor"? It's comparing what I'm doing (which is simply writing my opinion on the internet to torture.

What exactly is it metaphorical for? For simply writing my opinion? so you think that tying someone and torturing them is a good metaphor for writing my opinion on the ending?

You know, the way you're disagreeing with me, it's a lot like how in Aliens, Sigourney's Character disagreed with Burke so she threatened to kill him. This is the internet equivalent of that.

Seriously?

I love how "this is like the movie Misery" somehow becomes "literally tying down their employees and torturing them" in your mind. You are a madman, seriously.

Speaking of torture: this thread.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Pinworm45

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45 said:

Seriously?

I love how "this is like the movie Misery" somehow because "literally tying down their employees and torturing them". You are a madman, seriously.

Speaking of torture: this thread.

You didn't say "this is like the movie misery". You said "This is more like the internet equivalent of Kathy Bates in Misery tying down James Caan and torturing him until he agrees not to kill off her favorite character in his next novel.".

Direct quote. You did not say it was "like the movie misery". You said it was like the torture in misery.

You've dug your hole, I suggest you simply follow your escape plan of supposedly "having better things to do" and leave at this point.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pinworm45

@Napalm said:

@Pinworm45 said:

It's mostly speculation, but from what I've read, they changed the endings shortly after the game leaked (maybe because they didn't want it to be spoiled, who knows), but when they changed the endings, it was after their lead writer, Drew Karpyshyn, had been pulled over to work on SWTOR. The worst part about this is that he quit writing for games (I sometimes wonder if he quite writing for games because this situation upset him, but only he knows that and even if it's true, he'll never admit it) so even if they do make a new ending, it won't be from him.

Holy shit. This makes sense. That's why the ending feels like a mishmash compilation of random scenes, and not exactly cohesive.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. C'mon BioWare. I'm gunning for you guys this time! I just know something is coming, but I'm not sure! But it seems like it!

Yeah, it also explains why it feels rushed, too. 6 months isn't a lot of time when you have to do animations, voice dialogue, making the scene (and the level with all the battles in the background definitely took a while), and still have time to test and get it on disk and certified and then copied. This is probably why there was no ending text stuff like in DA:O. They probably wanted to do it, wrap up some stuff you did in the previous games and this game, but simply had no time to write tons of stuff for all the variables.

it also explains why all 3 endings are exactly the same, just a color swap - no time.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @Napalm

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

But if they turn around and go "ok guys, we'll rewrite the ending to be what you want, and yay everyone is alive and all is swell in the galaxy"

Haha. You really think this is why people are upset? Because there wasn't a happy ending? Maybe you should do a wee bit more reading on the topic at hand and what the fans have said before you spout something as illogical as this.

It was an example, not the point of what I'm saying. (in saying that, there have been several posts on these forums alone lamenting the lack of a happy ending...)

Maybe you should do a wee bit of work on your reading comprehension? The quality and, indeed, contents of the ending are entirely irrelevant to the argument.

For the record, I think it's kind of stupid myself, and feels like Dragon Age 2 levels of rushed. Not the point.
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#78  Edited By Phatmac

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

Sign me the fuck up. I'd getting sick of these fanboys. My god..

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@Pinworm45: And yet somehow my simple metaphor about making unreasonable demands upon an author became you "literally torturing [BioWare] employees" in your mind. See, here is where you need to learn the difference between metaphor and literal truth. The comparison to torture was metaphorical. It is "literally" not that difficult to understand.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By napalm

@Pinworm45 said:

Yeah, it also explains why it feels rushed, too. 6 months isn't a lot of time when you have to do animations, voice dialogue, making the scene (and the level with all the battles in the background definitely took a while), and still have time to test and get it on disk and certified and then copied. This is probably why there was no ending text stuff like in DA:O. They probably wanted to do it, wrap up some stuff you did in the previous games and this game, but simply had no time to write tons of stuff for all the variables.

it also explains why all 3 endings are exactly the same, just a color swap - no time.

I am literally jumping out of my skin. Fuck.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By FreakAche

And it's already been edited out. Some people need to learn that Wikipedia is a place for objective facts, and not a venue for them to whine. Save that for the rest of the internet.

CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By CaptainCharisma

Just like the Bombcast GOTY deliberations, I hate how we're arguing over the ending of a game that was amazing up until the last ten minutes of a 30 or so hour journey.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Jesus, it's been out for a week. Why do people still give a shit about this? Just say 'meh' and move on.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Liquidus

@CaptainCharisma said:

Just like the Bombcast GOTY deliberations, I hate how we're arguing over the ending of a game that was amazing up until the last ten minutes of a 30 or so hour journey.

But the thing is that's how incredibly bad the ending was. It's like they were trying desperately to piss off the fanbase. Did ANY of your previous decisions matter at all in the end? Nope. Is there any closure for the characters we've grown to love? Nope. The characters, just like the story at that point, are literally stranded in the middle of nowhere. The entire fiction of the series is destroyed irreversibly. I wouldn't, and didn't, believe that it would or could be that terrible until I experienced it for myself.

CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Liquidus said:

@CaptainCharisma said:

But the thing is that's how incredibly bad the ending was. It's like they were trying desperately to piss off the fanbase. Did ANY of your previous decisions matter at all in the end? Nope. Is there any closure for the characters we've grown to love? Nope. The characters, just like the story at that point, are literally stranded in the middle of nowhere. The entire fiction of the series is destroyed irreversibly. I wouldn't, and didn't, believe that it would or could be that terrible until I experienced it for myself.

Don't worry. I absolutely hated the ending and felt sad for two days with it constantly on my mind (Spring Break gives you too much time to think I guess). And I would pay for a new ending for sure even though I think that's wrong to both want and expect. I just think the arguments getting a bit out of hand with us now bringing in torture and f bombs everywhere.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Liquidus

@CaptainCharisma said:

@Liquidus said:

@CaptainCharisma said:

Don't worry. I absolutely hated the ending and felt sad for two days with it constantly on my mind (Spring Break gives you too much time to think I guess). And I would pay for a new ending for sure even though I think that's wrong to both want and expect. I just think the arguments getting a bit of hand with us now bringing in torture and f bombs everywhere.

Oh yeah, this thread has gone bananas but at least there's still some sane people left. And yes, I'm on March Break right now and I pretty much have a whole week to try to cope with this. Anyway you put the ending currently in the game is terrible and feels like utter betrayal. I don't know if a new DLC ending would fix that because people would still remember how they felt by the end of that game. I was planning on playing through this game many times to see how differently things can play out but since I know, it doesn't really matter and the payoff is so shitty. I can't be bothered to even give it another go which will be a first for Mass Effect.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By darkdragonmage99
    @Pinworm45:  Yeah and That is my complaint about EA this is not like bioware bioware was a it will come out when it's done dev They are turning into it will release on this date finished or not dev like EA. EA does this to all of the developers they buy up.
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Liquidus said:

Oh yeah, this thread has gone bananas but at least there's still some sane people left. And yes, I'm on March Break right now and I pretty much have a whole week to try to cope with this. Anyway you put the ending currently in the game is terrible and feels like utter betrayal. I don't know if a new DLC ending would fix that because people would still remember how they felt by the end of that game. I was planning on playing through this game many times to see how differently things can play out but since I know, it doesn't really matter and the payoff is so shitty. I can't be bothered to even give it another go which will be a first for Mass Effect.

Yeah I started going through with my female Shepard and got to meeting the Primarch and it all just felt pointless. I've got four Shepards each with their own stuff from ME1 and ME2 and I feel no reason to continue. Great game though and it's funny how little the Wikipedia part of this thread has been referenced.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Pinworm45

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Pinworm45: And yet somehow my simple metaphor about making unreasonable demands upon an author became you "literally torturing [BioWare] employees" in your mind. See, here is where you need to learn the difference between metaphor and literal truth. The comparison to torture was metaphorical. It is "literally" not that difficult to understand.

"How is "you are doing the internet equivalent of tying down their employee and tortuing them" "simple metaphor"? It's comparing what I'm doing (which is simply writing my opinion on the internet to torture.

Seriously?"

Please show me in this post where I said "you said I am literally torturing Bioware employees".

It's really obvious you made a fucking retarded comparison and are now trying to get away with it by saying I am taking it literally. I am not. I asked you, straight up, how this was comparable at all, what it was metaphor for, and you didn't answer. Couldn't answer. Because it's NOT comparable. I am expressing my opinion on the internet. I loved their story, and I want more of it. That is not comparable to someone torturing another person, any more than what you're saying is comparable to Liam Neeson in Taken saying he's going to hunt down the kidnappers who kidnapped his daughter because he disagreed with them doing that. Comparisons don't work by finding 1 thing that is similiar and then saying "this is like that". That's ridiculous and nonsensical. I can't find a picture of you wearing a green shirt, and Hitler wearing a green shirt, and then saying "man, you're so much like hitler, right now you're exactly like him because you wore similiar clothing" And the fact that you're trying to make the discussion about that shows how little ground you have to stand on. Didn't you say you had better things to do anyway? Apparently not.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By Sooty

@CaptainCharisma said:

It wasn't that great, it's still a step back from Mass Effect 2 no matter which way you look at it. Less on foot exploration in the main story, clear shift to herp derp third person shootering and towards the end of the game, the game was nothing but single player horde mode. (waves, waves and more waves)

and let's not forget a serious lack of squad mate choice. 2 had far more character and to me Edi and James are a waste of 2 slots, you don't need Edi in physical form...what a waste.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Liquidus

@CaptainCharisma said:

@Liquidus said:

Yeah I started going through with my female Shepard and got to meeting the Primarch and it all just felt pointless. I've got four Shepards each with their own stuff from ME1 and ME2 and I feel no reason to continue. Great game though and it's funny how little the Wikipedia part of this thread has been referenced.

I will say I've never seen a game turn so hard from absolute epicness and perfection to an utter disaster in a few minutes. That's part of the reason why I was so in shock. And as far as the wikipedia article, I'm sure some official response from Bioware about this ending as more and more people finish the game. I'm quite sure the vast majority will just be, if not utterly outraged, at least displeased with the way things turn out.

CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Sooty: I thought it was better. Just my opinion though. I can see where you're coming from. When I finished the mission at Grissom academy I was shocked Jack didn't join me so I looked up who you get on your squad and got a bit disappointed. Not as disappointed with the Mass Relays being destroyed though.

Another thing. How could they completely drop that dark matter topic? I replayed ME2 recently and caught onto it and was ready for it to show up eventually in ME3. That's just weird.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Turambar
    @AlKusanagi said:

Dear complainers,

Go play through Final Fantasy 13-2 to gain some perspective on what an actual terrible, game-destroying ending is.

Love,

Al

FF 13-2 didn't beat its chest about how your choice will determine the out come of the story.
    Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Liquidus

@Turambar said:

@AlKusanagi said:

Dear complainers,

Love,

Al

FF 13-2 didn't beat its chest about how your choice will determine the out come of the story.

There's also not 2 other games riding on the ending of FF13-2.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By coaxmetal

I hate entitled fans. You aren't entitled to shit. If you don't think that game sounds like something you'd like, do what I did, don't play it. Don't whine about it though.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96  Edited By Sooty

@CaptainCharisma said:

@Sooty: I thought it was better. Just my opinion though. I can see where you're coming from. When I finished the mission at Grissom academy I was shocked Jack didn't join me so I looked up who you get on your squad and got a bit disappointed. Not as disappointed with the Mass Relays being destroyed though.

Another thing. How could they completely drop that dark matter topic? I replayed ME2 recently and caught onto it and was ready for it to show up eventually in ME3. That's just weird.

What really confuses me is how the choices wrap up at the end of the game, basically nothing mattered, also that war effort stuff doesn't seem to make any real difference either. The ending of 2 had quite a lot of variables and finished on a much better note, seems to be a plothole in the conclusion of 3 too.

CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Sooty said:

@CaptainCharisma said:

What really confuses me is how the choices wrap up at the end of the game, basically nothing mattered, also that war effort stuff doesn't seem to make any real difference either. The ending of 2 had quite a lot of variables and finished on a much better note, seems to be a plothole in the conclusion of 3 too.

Apparently, getting over 5000 on your War rating lets you choose the equally crazy synthesis ending.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By BlatantNinja23

The idea people think they even can change the endings is asinine.

Anyways what does changing it do? the 3 endings already exist and will always will exist. So if you didn't like them, having some new cut scene changed way later after you've finished the game really is going to make you happy?

I do love the idea of people complaining about From Ashes and then "turning around" to say somewhere else they would be willing to even pay for the "real ending"

I've always liked the type of endings where basically everyone dies, or "your" character dies whether it be sacrifice in some other means. Death, rebuilding, and even complete uncertainty is really all the "closure" I need.
    The choices I made in each game affected the journey towards the "end", and that's all I really wanted it to do.

the way jack was just thrown in as an enemy was a complete joke though.

Only thing I was disappointed about was that in 3 i felt like I couldn't be as much as a dick as I was in the previous games. Something KOTOR did well. Also felt like there was less convincing others to do or say things by the dialogue you choose. (maybe that's there I just missed it)

CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@BlatantNinja23: Yeah there was a lot more of Shepard talking without your input overall (which i disliked). But did you try turning on Mordin? Or not reading the the passage for Thane? Or convincing a whole civilization that there cure is fake? That's the epitome of being a dick to me.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BlatantNinja23

@CaptainCharisma said:

@BlatantNinja23: Yeah there was a lot more of Shepard talking without your input overall (which i disliked). But did you try turning on Mordin? Or not reading the the passage for Thane? Or convincing a whole civilization that there cure is fake? That's the epitome of being a dick to me.

I did the last which i really liked that I could do that. Mordin died for me in 2 so I didn't get to do that. The tali stuff would have been interesting too but she also was already dead so having her replaced with someone else but the same circumstance isn't the same i guess.

@darkdragonmage99 said:

@Pinworm45: Yeah and That is my complaint about EA this is not like bioware bioware was a it will come out when it's done dev They are turning into it will release on this date finished or not dev like EA. EA does this to all of the developers they buy up.

You really honestly think "the corruption of EA" had anything to do with the endings bioware went with?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.