Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is a remake of Mega Man X for the PlayStation Portable. The game features brand new 3D graphics, a remastered soundtrack, the ability to play as Vile, among many other additions and changes.
Upgrades and Differences
- Fully remade 3D graphics
- Anime FMV sequences
- Voice acting
- Remade script
- Features a 20 minute OVA: "The Day of Sigma."
- New playable character: Vile
- New difficulty settings
- New music
- Slightly restructured levels
- Ability to save; no passwords
- Energy tank, heart, and power-up stations rearranged
- Abitlty to escape a level before having completed it
Initially, Keiji Inafune had intended Mega Man Maverick Hunter X to be the first in a long line of remakes for the Mega Man X games. However, likely due to low sales, the subsequent remakes were never made.