Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage 2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2019

A first-person open world shooter developed by Avalanche Studios in cooperation with id Software that is the follow up to 2011's Rage. The sequel focuses heavily on open-world mayhem and destruction in a near-future, post-apocalyptic setting.

RAGE 2 leaked UPDATE

• 134 results
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Ooh boy, I am not into the vibe of that teaser aaaaat all.

I always liked Rage from a distance for having driving stuff and looking damn good. When I finally played it, it sure was pretty, but gameplay-wise it didn't really hook me. First impression was it wasn't really bad or anything, it just felt kinda... by the numbers?

Curious to see the gameplay trailer!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By OurSin_360

@glots: looks real good to me, i am officially looking forward to it.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready to be witnessed.

No Caption Provided

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Unfortunately they kinda went that Watchdogs 2 route that I was dreading.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#107  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm curious if it'll have hooks for long-term players, like loot or similar systems, but as it stands, it looks neat.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's something about the "Punk Rock Murder Party" aesthetic that just works on me. If this game turns out to be "Doom + Sunset Overdrive" I'm all the way on board.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avalanche developing it has me all the way on board. A game with Just Cause-style craziness and Id-assisted gun mechanics sounds awesome.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@humanity: In game world through the trailer seems to be lacking a lot of character; something the marketing is pushing heavily. I both do, and don't like that aspect.

Like, because I'm not too much of a fan of how hard the marketing is pushing that goofy tween 'tude, but don't like because along with that specific 'tude, there's nothing in place from what I'm seeing. It feels bland, in-game.

Quick trailer, though, showing off the action, so hopefully there'll be more to see to draw me in. If nothing else, it's id gunplay

That air juggle with the auto-rifle did look pretty damn dope, though.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Like the first RAGE, this looks like a fun version of borderlands. Hopefully it delivers!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@helicopterspy: Same. It looks super fun. Bethesda first person shooters have been knocking it out of the park too.

The part of me that dislikes Randy Pitchford for reasons I'm not fully clear on looks forward to seeing him introduce Borderlands 3 - because I've lost whatever amount of interest I had in that game since Gearbox have become the absolute shit-show they are.

@humanity - This doesn't give me much of a WD2 vibe. That game gave a vibe of wanting to be cooler than cool, modern, anti-establishment cause "fuck the man, man" and was based in the worst location on earth. This game seems much more like it's going after the same style in the recent Mad Max. The world is absolutely fucked, but there's no reason to not have colour just because everyone has become tribal maniacs. I also get the feeling it's going to be pretty all in on inclusiveness in a festive kind of way.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that gameplay trailer was awesome. I'm definitely interested in this.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. As someone who never played Rage or Mad Max, this looks like they were making a Mad Max sequel and then someone stepped in a suggested turning it in a Rage sequel because Mad Max looked bland?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@seikenfreak: Bethesda/id own the Rage IP they dont own Mad Max ;p

Also so many things have ripped off that theme that Mad Max popularized that it doesnt really matter. Same with Blade Runner. The Deus Ex games are basically that in a lot of ways which is one of the reasons I like them. (Also, I realise Cyberpunk fiction has been around before Blade Runner)

The gameplay looks good (not a fan of the music though and I like punk rock and metal) and after the disappointing Far Cry 5 i'm all for another open world havok based FPS.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By Mister_V

Yep that looks pretty great

If this just ends up being Max Max + Doom (2016) + Bulletstorm then I am totally in.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Seikenfreak

@boozak: Yea, but they don't own Avalanche either I guess? Not sure on that one. Thats why this seems weird to me. Like the Mad Max game didn't seem like a success to me (again, as someone on the outside of it) and somehow, for some reason, id stepped in and allowed them to or suggested they put the Rage name on it which allows them to make it a little more goofy.

And to me, this doesn't just have any post apocalyptic style to it, the vehicles look like straight copies out of Fury Road. The texture of everything has that look/color palette to it. I think putting the Rage brand on it, possibly later in development, just let them add some weirder, more unique enemies, stuff like enemy juggling, and allowed them to put some color and music over the trailer. I don't expect the actual game to look and play like the tone of the trailer or a sunset overdrive game. I expect it'll play like the Mad Max game lol

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Okay, yup, 100% all in now. That looks great.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#119  Edited By Humanity

@flashflood_29 said:

@humanity: In game world through the trailer seems to be lacking a lot of character; something the marketing is pushing heavily. I both do, and don't like that aspect.

Like, because I'm not too much of a fan of how hard the marketing is pushing that goofy tween 'tude, but don't like because along with that specific 'tude, there's nothing in place from what I'm seeing. It feels bland, in-game.

Quick trailer, though, showing off the action, so hopefully there'll be more to see to draw me in. If nothing else, it's id gunplay

I dunno the first RAGE had some cool levels with a lot of dread and even a bit of horror mixed in. This is all PARTY HARD in the apocalypse. There is no tension, no real discerning atmosphere - from what I can tell of the trailer anyway. Then again I thought the same thing between Watchdogs 1 and Watchdogs 2. There are times when I want to let loose, stop thinking, and just shoot shit while particle effects envelop the landscape. Then there are times when I want a more restrained, a more calculated and atmospheric approach. I was hoping RAGE 2 would continue what the first game started and simply craft a better story as well as refine the shooting mechanics now that Doom really set the bar for fast paced shooter action. Instead, they went in a completely different direction to the point where I wonder what the point of calling this RAGE 2 even is, cause it's not like that first game was a banger and it's not like this one seems all that related to it.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By BoOzak

@seikenfreak: That Mad Max game that Avalanche put out was much more about brawling than shooting but yeah I agree that the tone probably wont be similar to that trailer. It was even a bit jarring during the trailer to have the guy talk about grim wasteland life and then *bombastic music kicks in* action! All it really takes is some music to change the tone though. Like with Fallout 3&4 the game can feel very different depending on whether you have the radio on. (and I suppose the vault boy appearing and *cha ching* xp noises also contribute)

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By bybeach

INSANE ACTION!

Like others have said, a short premise of why things are fucked up, therefore why the player can be the same.

I'm not sure what the game really is. Well besides one thing ...

And it looks nice. Even a forested green section(?).

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Borderlands 3 i see what you did there 2K :D. Working with Bethesda to fool us all.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By hassun

Randy Pitchford must be sweating bullets.

... In a non-magician sort of way.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the exact same feeling, it seems very forced and edgy. They're pushing really hard for this wacky punk atitude but then the actual in-game footage seems like a generic wasteland shooter. Feels like they're being extremely flashy to cover up the blandness of the game. It's like if a bunch of executives in suits said "what if it was Mad Max... but crazier?"

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OTT tongue-in-cheek tone makes sense given Wolfenstein and DOOM doing the same thing, but I'm still far from convinced.

I'm sure the actual shooty bits will be fantastic (Rage 1 certainly didn't lack good shooting), but they've gotta have something big up their sleeve to make me care about an RPG-lite cah-razy wasteland FPS that isn't Borderlands 3.

That said, I'd be even less interested in a more serious Rage 2, so I guess there's that. And for the longest time, we thought nu-DOOM was going to be trash, so... *shrug*.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ha! Yeah, alright, that looks fun. Actually kinda reminded me of Destiny with that open hand melee and the double-jumping all over the place.

Gotta see more about what's going on with things though before I'm on board. We talkin loot shooter or what.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By MattGiersoni

This looks so awesome, watched it a few times. I actually played RAGE for the first time in 2017 and enjoyed it quite a bit! The tone here is a bit different than the first game, but I don't mind it. The first game had some crazy/less serious stuff too, like that TV show thing where you fight mutants. I'm sure it will be more balanced, like 50% serious, 50% crazy fun. I'm very much into it, plus it being open world makes me even more excited, I love this genre.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

Randy Pitchford must be sweating bullets.

... In a non-magician sort of way.

Honestly don't think they have much to worry about; Rage 2 is still coming after a game that didn't have a huge great reception while Borderlands 3 has a pretty big following, even after all the negative views towards Gearbox.

Plus this is likely singleplayer while B3 would be online coop focused. Hopefully this means Gearbox puts more effort into making their game even better though!

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameplay looked like a good time, the weird thing for me now is I’m hoping some of the first Rage is still in there. I really enjoyed the ai in Rage and the way they made the battles feel. I’m down to play this anyway. That box art is fucking garbage.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The gameplay looks fantastic. This went from something I could give two shits about to something I can't wait to play.

CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never changed my opinion so fast on a game! They should have just skipped that awful live action EXTREME announce trailer. The gameplay trailer looks fucking wild!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they find ways to make the human enemies as interesting to fight as Dooms demons. That said I am glad this is shaping up well. I wonder how the Doom engine handles wide open spaces though.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wheresderrick: Whether or not Rage 2 has co-op will definitely be an important factor.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By WheresDerrick

@hayt said:

I hope they find ways to make the human enemies as interesting to fight as Dooms demons. That said I am glad this is shaping up well. I wonder how the Doom engine handles wide open spaces though.

Its not Doom/IDTech engine, it's Avalanche's Apex engine.

The enemies in the first Rage were totally fine as they animated and jumped around the environment much like the demons do in Doom'16, though it didn't have the variety of enemies. Judging from the gameplay trailer, there seems to be a good variety this time around.

@hassun: If this has coop for the campaign and not just separate linear missions I would be pushed even further to getting this day 1.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wheresderrick: Oh that is interesting then regarding the engine. Hopefully it plays as well as Doom did.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

@wheresderrick: Whether or not Rage 2 has co-op will definitely be an important factor.

Agreed. This is a must have for me and if not I will be skipping.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.