Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Red Faction Demo Out!

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hector

If you liked watching Brad and Jeff blow shit up you also can now! Check it out, it's on the 360 marketplace and PSN.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Anyone have any early impressions?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Captain_Fookup

You blow buildings and shit up, magic hide behind cover sucking your thumb and wait for your health to recharge. A slap in the face for fans of the first two Red Factions, but a perfect rental for those who enjoy blowing shit up.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Coltonio7

Downloading RIGHT now.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrGetBonus

Well considering I think all games should have fully destructible environments, I think this game is pretty sweet. Not sure if it's worth full price though...

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By bwooduhs

Played the demo and goddamn im actually gonna buy this game.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diamond

I played the demo a few weeks ago.  It seemed really great.  I just wonder if the missions will have enough variety to hold up as well as the demo does.  The actual on foot combat isn't really fun at all, but the great destruction when you're in the robot just ripping through buildings, and the explosive combat when on the back of the truck are really good.

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Big_D

Yup, demo totally has me sold. tearing down a wall with a hammer = WIN

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Karmum

Got a demo code from THQ's website like last week, great demo.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ltcoljaxson
    Karmum said:
    "Got a demo code from THQ's website like last week, great demo."
    Same here.

It just has a completely different feel from the previous Red Factions. Which I don't know I really like, because the first game was just awesome for what it was...

But as a new take on the series, it seems pretty interesting.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

Ok I'm going to go download the demo right now, it looks like a lot of fun. 

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By MAST

Soooo... I think the demo was really great. It was just damned fun gameplay. Which a lot of games seem to be lacking nowadays. You know the part where you actually PLAY the game? Yes, some of these games have nice graphics, good voice-acting, and an ok story. But when it comes down to the actual play they aren't fun at all. Games seem like they are becoming nothing more then slightly interactive B-movies. From what i've played of this demo, RF:G seems to have nailed the "fun-factor" when it comes gameplay.

If the multiplayer ends up being fun, and polished. Then i'm sure i'll end up buying this game.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By Jedted

I played the demo and enjoyed it ALOT!  In the beginning i just ran up stole a vehical and then crashed right into the garage where the giant walker was, THATS WHERE THE REAL FUN BEGAN!!!!!

I realize it can't all be like that but if the story is good and there's a lot of different weapons then i might buy this game.

raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By raggedglory

I loved the first ones, and destroying everything with a hammer and walking through buildings in robots is rad.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By wrecks

It is a completely different type of game than the original (i dont really count 2), but still has the same theme and alot of the same mood and style. oh and demo is the tits. get it.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

absolutely amazing.

it looks like it's going to be very open. Also, it rewards you for destruction by giving you points to upgrade weapons n stuff.

even though it's nothing like the original red faction, i think it's going to be great.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Pie
    MrGetBonus said:
    "Well considering I think all games should have fully destructible environments, I think this game is pretty sweet. Not sure if it's worth full price though..."
    What do you mean? It's a massive open world with over 120 missions and lots of side quests with awesome destruction. (I dont work for volition)
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pweidman

The demo is very fun.  I like the balance between blowing all the EDF shit up and getting too much attention and too many enemies.  The controls worked great and there's obviously going to be much replay considering the endless options for destruction and still meeting objectives.  Also, it dawned on me as I played how freaking fun this game would be in co-op.  Not heard about any co-op options though sadly.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ltcoljaxson
    pweidman said:
    "The demo is very fun.  I like the balance between blowing all the EDF shit up and getting too much attention and too many enemies.  The controls worked great and there's obviously going to be much replay considering the endless options for destruction and still meeting objectives.  Also, it dawned on me as I played how freaking fun this game would be in co-op.  Not heard about any co-op options though sadly."

Yup and it almost makes sense getting an overwhelming amount of enemies sometimes. You are destroying so much stuff, so more enemies come. I guess it balances between having fun destroying stuff, and still having to concentrate on killing bad guys to stay alive. Very well balanced.

And yeah this would be great for co-op... since there is multiplayer... I assume there is some sort of coop is such a huge open world game.

I just hope they can keep the missions in the game fresh... and not just 4 different types of missions over and over again 120 times. Either way I will get this game because I enjoyed destroying stuff enough...
    rpommier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rpommier

Another game that got put on my radar because of  the demo.  I was waiting on Fight Night until I played UFC, and  had no intention of even giving Red Faction a shot.  Hec, I wasn't even going to download the demo, but I was bored today and decided to try it.  Glad I did.  The destructible environments put Bad Company to shame.  This is going to be a very fun game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By jakob187

I played the demo as the Music as a Weapon tour.  Not only did it kick severe levels of ass, but I also got free keychains of the Ostrich Hammer, a free t-shirt (that I gave to my brother because people REFUSE to make XXL promo shirts...GRRR), and freeze dried MRE neopolitan ice cream!!!  = D

Downloading the demo right now!
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PercyChuggs

This demo sold me on the game. Loved it. Bashing stuff was awesome, and it actually serves a purpose, as you collect the salvage to use for upgrades or whatever. The shooting felt super smooth, the physics are sweet, and the open world structure looks like it could be cool. Only complaints I have are, the shotgun seems a little underpowered, and the story will probably be super generic and terrible, although, if the gameplay is there, I don't really care too much about that.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Played the demo yesterday, and I am very very satisfied with the destruction. I was a bit worried because in the videos it almost looked to me like the buildings were barely supporting themselves and that a light tap would topple the entire thing over. The demo definitely has a good sense of weight behind smashing into stuff, very satisfying.

I'm hoping there will be some deal around the time of release to pick this one up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.