Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 21, 2009

Skate 2 adds additional trick modifiers, a wide-open career mode, and a host of new multiplayer content to the original Skate formula.

Any thoughts on the demo?

HansCz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HansCz

I leave the floor to my Gold Membership brethren...

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By najaf
    First impressions are great for the demo except for the grab the world feature. Please just give us an option to manipulate the objects with a 'god hand'. I can't imagine what it's going to be like trying to set up an entire spot. Hell, setting up two kicks in the park was painstaking. 'Whoops, too much to the left, run awkwardly to other side; whoops back the other way; wait, why is it moving that way...' Drain on the fun factor.

I know there are some guys who are going to love the whole hands on moving stuff, but the controls were just frustrating when you want to go for the detailed measurements and movements.

On a related note, I'm glad the on foot controls are in, but lets face it; they are pretty rough. I plan on spending as little time as possible on the old sneakers. In my opinion, taking this rough portion and mixing it with the GtW is a mistake. It should be optional. 

It should probably be noted that I dumped more hours into creating parks in the Hawk series and Dave Mirra than I did playing 'their' levels by a long shot. I was hoping for a full blown park editor, and while I am glad to be able to change things, I would much rather have the option to copy, cut, paste, and rotate pieces than dragging s*** from around San Van. 

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful to have this demo and the full game in just a couple of weeks. It will undoubtedly be my most played game all year. I just wish creating spots was more efficient and fluid. 

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Burnout
    HansCz said:
    "I leave the floor to my Gold Membership brethren...
    "
    Yeah i'd tell you more if it wasnt fucking Gold only, i can not stand gold only demo's, to counter my own argument, im going to get it anyway, but still!

It could be worse, it could be a Killzone 2 demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.