Born Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr, his nickname comes from his childhood when his mother called him Snoopy, because he looked like Snoopy from the Peanuts comics.
The Music of Snoop Dogg
Snoop made his breakthrough in Dr. Dre's song "Nuthin' But a G Thang" on Dre's album "The Chronic".
Snoop's style is known for being a mixture of the G-Funk style and the gangsta rap style. Snoop had hard rhymes but delivered them in a laid back style.
- 1993 - Doggystyle
- 1996 - Tha Doggfather
- 1998 - Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told
- 1999 - No Limit Top Dogg
- 2000 - Tha Last Meal
- 2002 - Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$
- 2004 - R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece
- 2006 - Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
- 2008 - Ego Trippin'
- 2009 - Malice in Wonderland
- 2011 - Doggumentary
- 2012 - Reincarnated (under the stage name Snoop Lion)
- 2015 - Bush
With Tha Eastsidaz
- 2000 - Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz
- 2001 - Duces 'N Trayz: The Old Fashioned Way