Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment is a subsidiary of the Sony Corporation responsible for Research & Development, production, and sales of hardware and software for the PlayStation line of handheld and video game consoles.

Your expectations for PlayStation Showcase 2023?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear gamers in the Giant Bomb forums

Days, after Jeff Grubb posted a tweet about the next scheduled video game showcases that will happen this year, so I would like to see you guys share your thoughts on this.

My expectations:

• Gran Turismo 7 (PC version)
    • New Motorstorm installment
    • Next Resogun installment
    • Killzone series remaster for PS5 and PC
    • Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 for PC
    • Bloodborne remaster for PS5 and PC (A game that has a lot of people wishing to be ported to PC for a long time).
    noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't usually get my hopes up for these sort of things, but it would be cool to see the rumored MGS 3 remake. It's probably the only thing Metal Gear related I would welcome, since any MGS game without Kojima seems set up for failure. I also hope they don't spend too much time on psvr2, but considering it just launched and seems DOA right now, I imagine there will be some marketing announcements at the showcase.

As for expected announcements (again, I'm not getting my hopes up, but these are games they've already mentioned at some point so I would expect more info about them):

I think you're right about GT7 getting a PC port.

Spiderman 2 gameplay footage

Wolverine cinematic

We're 3 years off of Ghost of Tsushima. Are they ready to show the next Sucker Punch game? (Ghost 2, I assume).

Do we get God of War: Ragnarok DLC?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

This is the year for Suikoden and Wild ARMs VI, I just know it!

Okay, realistically, with the TV show coming I think it'd be a smart year to announce a new Twisted Metal game, even if it's a 2024 or later release. Gran Turismo and Ratchet and Clank PC would be cool. I say this every year but I still think some of the smartest money being left off the table is a modern Final Fantasy Tactics, and my only real question is if that hits Sony or Nintendo. Will that happen? No, probably not. But it'd be cool.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm actually pretty stoked on the notion of standalone TLOU multiplayer, so if they give an update on that i'd be down. honestly anything out of Naughty Dog would be cool since we're in that liminal space where they're clearly not ready to announce TLOU3, but also have stated they have a few projects cooking.

and +1 to anything that's not a remake. i'm not opposed to them (i've bought and enjoyed quite a few), but it feels like this year is extra heavy on that end of things so i'm not sure i'd be buzzing for more. give em some room to breathe.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThePanzini

I want to see a new IP, I really don't need to see Ghost of Tsushima 2 it's a know quantity likewise with TLOU3 I'm already there. It's been long enough to see something from Bluepoint & Bend.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noboners: Think they already ruled out DLC for Ragnarok around the launch. I’m not even sure what they could make, that wouldn’t require a massive amount of work.

I’m personally just ready to be surprised by something. I am very excited for Spider-Man 2, but I don’t think I need to see any gameplay for that (I’m sure there will be, think some rumours spoke of a trailer around spring/summer and then a dedicated SoP in August), because I trust Insomniac enough to deliver a good game. Also I might just prefer to keep myself in the dark for a big AAA release for once, so I can be surprised.

Actually screw that, I specifically want to see Tomba 3.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want something whimsy like Gravity Rush but I'm not holding my breath. I will be interesting to see what ND does with the TLOU multiplayer but it will need to be something really special to make me care enough to play for longer than a weekend.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noboners: It will be great to see Metal Gear Solid 3 & 4 to get remastered, so the newcomers and those who wanted to relive their fun memories can enjoy playing them, oh I wish Snatcher gets a remake as well.

GT7 on PC is going to be great and ideal for motor racing fans to enjoy.

@sparky_buzzsaw: I hope you will enjoy Suikoden and Wild ARMs IV by this year! Oh, for Twisted Metal series, I'm not a fan of that since I'm not into death game stories including Sword Art Online.

@thepanzini: I'm curious to see PlayStation's new 1st party IP is going to be like.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not a fucking remaster of ANYTHING. We don't need remasters, you can just go and play the original

How about some new IP?

Remasters are ruining the industry

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GTxForza

@sombre: Just relax, the remasters (For regardless of gaming platforms) are mainly ideal for those who haven't played the original or wanted to relive their fun memories.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ThePanzini

If we don't need remasters, then they wouldn't keep selling. 30% of PS5 owners were new to the platform which is the same every generation, even a remaster is new to someone.

HolyUmbrella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man 5

2 indie titles (maybe 3)

Final Fantasy 16

Bloodborne

Astros VR game

Mortal Kombat

Hogwarts Legacy DLC

Wonder Woman

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 25

Spider-man, spider-man, with not much else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.