Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 17, 2015

Large-scale infantry Star Wars battles return in this reboot of the Star Wars: Battlefront series (from the studio behind the Battlefield series).

Early beta access for some! Footage out, what do we think?

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well I am insanely jealous right now. Seems like all three platforms have people playing through streamers and code give-aways. I'm pleasantly surprised after a flood of negative feelings recently from people, but I am still looking forward to giving it a try. I need to stop skulking around the internet looking for a ps4 code though....*rocks back and forth*

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Yeah it was hitting me today too that I really wish I was in on this. Turns out I'm in the mood for Star Wars and Battlefield. Been a while since I played a game involving either one. I am big Battlefield guy but skipped 4 after the launch issues.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same. Its going to be a bit unhealthy tonight searching for keys. If I was them I would just soft launch it now. We can hope right! Or if a generous duder hit us up. The sound on the stream seems suitably star wars which is a good sign.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cettu

You're both in luck, the open beta starts in two days:

When is the Star Wars Battlefront Beta?

• The Star Wars Battlefront Beta and Companion will be available on October 8 and will end on October 12. The Beta and Companion is open to players around the world, so everyone will get a chance to live out their Star Wars battle fantasies.

Can I pre-load the Beta?

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/the-star-wars-battlefront-beta-is-coming-october-8th

I'm planning on checking it out as well, it looks really cool.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cettu: Aye will be fun, just mentioning people have been given codes early :)

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super bummed that there is no server browser. Matchmaking is terrible in most games. It's almost a deal breaker for me. I hope it plays well.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@artisanbreads: Yep, no server browser, period.

EA issued some bullshit statement about wanting an "even ground" for all players, that's the reason it's matchmaking only. Nonsense.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: Yeah that's some shit. I don't get it considering they brought that even to consoles before (which was great if not an obvious expectation for those platforms). Obviously on PC that's pretty inexcusable.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Isn't it kind of strange that this game was marketed as a first person shooter, mentioning only briefly in gameplay demos that you could also play it in third person if you want, when playing the game in first person puts you at a distinct disadvantage? I've seen other shooters attempt this before, and it's the same result every time: playing in third person gives you way more situational awareness. Don't get me wrong, I prefer TPS's in general, but it just strikes me as kind of odd.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctordonkey: I would guess it is because there is just a bigger FPS market out there (the CoD and Battlefield type numbers they want out of this). TPS fans will know the game has it when they look into it.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this so far. Yes its a bit shallow, and a bit buggy with the graphics hitching up a bit, but I believe they have nailed the atmosphere.

I have not tried third person yet, i'll play a few matches and see how it feels.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Monumental garbage would be my impression - but that's a PC Battlefield players perspective.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strathy said:

Monumental garbage would be my impression - but that's a PC Battlefield players perspective.

You have to excuse Strathy here. What he means to say is "I did not enjoy it, so I likely will not be playing it once it is released."

And contrarily to his opinion, I think the game looks, sounds and feels pretty rad. I'm now looking forward to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.