- 3 time Sprint Cup series Champion: 2002, 2005, 2011
- 2 time Brickyard 400 winner: 2005, 2007
- 2009 All-Star race winner
- 3 time Sprint Unlimited winner: 2001, 2002, 2007
Sprint Cup Statistics
- Best points finish: 1st (2002, 2005, 2011)
- First win: 1999 Exide NASCAR Select Batteries 400 - Richmond
- Last win: 2013 FedEx 400 - Dover
- Most wins in a season: 6 (2000)
- Total Sprint Cup wins: 48
Career and other info
Tony is the only driver to win a championship under the old season-long points format and the current playoff-style chase format. Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte, and Matt Kenseth are the only other drivers who could possibly do this as each has a championship before the chase implementation and are still active full-time drivers. Tony is also the only driver to have won a championship with each of the three major sponsors of the Cup series: he won the "Winston" cup in 2002, the "Nextel" cup in 2005, and the "Sprint" cup in 2011. This is a feat no other driver can accomplish as the three aforementioned Winston Cup champs don't have Nextel cups and the only other two Nextel Cup champs (Kurt Busch & Jimmie Johnson) don't have Winston Cups.
Tony's 2011 championship marked the first time an owner-driver won the title since Alan Kulwicki did it in 1992.
Tony drove from 1999-2008 for Joe Gibbs Racing, winning two championships in the #20 Home Depot car. It's speculated the reason he left to form his own team was he was unhappy with JGR's decision to switch from Chevrolet to Toyota starting with the 2008 season.
Tony also competed in the Indy car series, taking the championship in 1997.