Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Canyon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2011

The long-awaited full sequel to TrackMania is here! Drive fast and drift long in this crazy, physics-based fun racing game. Features gameplay similar to that of previous games in the series. The player can race on various tracks, with the ability to do stunts in various modes.

Giant Bomb Trackmania 2 Server

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pyide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By pyide
    Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#202  Edited By Lokno

@pyide said:

My track has been skipped over again, probably posting them at the worst possible time? Would appreciate an upload, or at least a reply saying it's not good enough :(

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/5320/

Admins said they would be busy, I think that's it. Not sure why Karsh/Jeff only added those three maps tonight, but maybe they only skimmed the page. It'd be nice to have a few more admins, but its cool to have a community server at all. Thanks to Karsh and Jeff for their time.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By mfpantst
    @DjCmeP: Your track is the oregon trail of tracks.  It's just too damn long.  Maybe if you made a couple tracks out of it it could be good, but with 6 min to do as many runs as possible this track is not very fun.
    @Lokno: @Lokno: Also this track creeped me the fuck out, and look at ways to deal with the underground righthand banked turn (already mentioned by Lokno) It's so dark and the rest of the map is so bright that you literally cannot see.  Other than that, kinda fun track.  also, Lokno, you make some of the better 'challenging' tracks, so no worries.
    Dagarik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#204  Edited By Dagarik

mfw someone votes for the next map when there is 1:00 left until it changes anyway.

No Caption Provided
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Ravenlight

Was anyone else not receiving LP after races last night?

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#206  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@stalefishies: Hey that is awesome! :D

I love this server so much! I lost HOURS last night, no regrets.

jyost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By jyost

@Ravenlight: Yes and it was a known issue. It appears to have been fixed now (although it is unclear if LP was retro'd, i don't think it was).

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Ravenlight

@jyost said:

@Ravenlight: Yes and it was a known issue. It appears to have been fixed now (although it is unclear if LP was retro'd, i don't think it was).

Awesome. Love playing on the GB server but no numbers going up was a bummer last night :P

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Insectecutor

Had a great time in TNT and earned some great LP! Thanks everyone who played.

Soulblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#210  Edited By Soulblitz

Refreshed the server for the whole show tonight and didn't get the opportunity to play once, and there were tons of dudes in the chat in the same position. Seriously sucked not being able to play during the show, but at least the server is up all the time.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By buneroid

I just bought the game because this god forsaken website. Gonna try out the server as soon as it's done downloading.

zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By zanetsu

Is it possible to get the song list from the server? I actually really liked some of the music on there.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Lokno

@Zanetsu said:

Is it possible to get the song list from the server? I actually really liked some of the music on there.

I'll type /music list and see what I get:

• Lights by Klaypex
    • Where is my mind by pixies
    • No Sleep till Brooklyn by Beastie Boys (Wick-it Remix)
    • Rollin Mirrored Theory by Limp Bizkit
    • X-Files by Neo Geo
    • Jurassic Park by krookz
    • Sesame Street Techno House Mix
    • Believe by Cher
    • Call your Girlfirend by Robyn (Feed Me Remix) [I asked Jeff to add this one!]
    • Syndicate by Skrillex
    • E.T. (Katy Perry) by Klaypex

P.S. I had a great time on TNT! I made the Portal 2 themed track "I'm Different," so any feedback would be much appreciated!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Ravenlight

@Lokno said:

P.S. I had a great time on TNT! I made the Portal 2 themed track "I'm Different," so any feedback would be much appreciated!

Awesome track, duder!

I was lucky enough to be on the server during TNT and got to check this out live :)

Did notice a few things, though.

• The giant white portal signs are SUPER bright. I'm assuming it's just the lighting engine being wonky, but there might be a way to tweak that through the map.
    • You can't take the first loop just going straight, it's either too high or the boost isn't fast enough; toward the end you just drift off the track and it's difficult to adjust your facing on the downhill slope.
    • Doesn't have any Portal music attached to the track! C'mon, man, add some Still Alive in there ;)

Other than that, it's badass. I'd love to see more "Test Chamber" maps.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Lokno

@Ravenlight said:

@Lokno said:

Awesome track, duder!

I was lucky enough to be on the server during TNT and got to check this out live :)

Did notice a few things, though.

• The giant white portal signs are SUPER bright. I'm assuming it's just the lighting engine being wonky, but there might be a way to tweak that through the map.
    • You can't take the first loop just going straight, it's either too high or the boost isn't fast enough; toward the end you just drift off the track and it's difficult to adjust your facing on the downhill slope.
    • Doesn't have any Portal music attached to the track! C'mon, man, add some Still Alive in there ;)

Other than that, it's badass. I'd love to see more "Test Chamber" maps.

Yeah, the lights are bright! It's the night mood and I closed off the entire skybox so it would seem like it was underground. That made things really washed out, and I'm not sure more lights will help. I'll see if there's something special I can do, but the HDR system is basically normalizing the range of visual light to the full range like an eye would, so it just makes everything brighter! You should have seen it when it was day mood with that roof, every light was like a high beam! There are only 4-5 blocks that have dynamic lights, 2 that are not billboards, and the only one that is oriented down is currently not supported by the dedicated server. I don't have much to work with here.

I'll see what I can do about the first loop, but I thought it was easy enough to go through. Problem is that hairpin turn afterwards is sort of awkward. I think this is a bit harder to solve, as looping back horizontally on the first loop is basically the premise of the track.

I was trying to get "Science is Fun" on the track, but my first attempt didn't work and I wanted it to be done for TNT. Glad I didn't get it right though, because it made for better TV what with that silly krookz Jurassic Park remix playing. I may make a portal-themed fullspeed, so I'll be sure to put music on that! I think if go back I need to add some crazy remix or something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhatwLeYoKo

drugged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By drugged

Server is starting to look good - plenty of tracks and plenty of players!

Just a thought - is it worth instating more admins from the site perhaps? I wouldn't have a clue of what I'm doing, but it'd be great if there were a few more people who were pruning the tracks that have terrible marks and adding new ones fairly frequently. I don't know how plausible this is, and also I'd like to say the people doing it so far are doing a fine job, so I'm not slagging anyone off - but obviously it's easier if the load is spread between people on such a busy server that's bound to have problems.

Also - we could do with some more songs adding - as much as I like "backing the fuck up while limp fucks this track up" I'm hearing it a bit too often! :D

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Lokno

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/4728

I updated "I'm Different," the last track from TNT, with some custom music and a few minor changes. I think the music is pretty cool so I hope you update it, but obviously that will reset its ranking (so sad). I tried messing with the loop and the first turn, but what I wound up with didn't feel better so I'm leaving well enough alone for now.

Music includes two songs in the same file which runs 5 minutes:

Will Bedford's original Portal 2 song Prometheus, which is very fitting given the track's name. http://goo.gl/FYhLT (I edited this slightly, removing the classical bit in the middle to keep things moving)

Science is Fun from the original Portal 2 Soundtrack http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.php

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Lokno

@drugged said:

Server is starting to look good - plenty of tracks and plenty of players!

Just a thought - is it worth instating more admins from the site perhaps? I wouldn't have a clue of what I'm doing, but it'd be great if there were a few more people who were pruning the tracks that have terrible marks and adding new ones fairly frequently. I don't know how plausible this is, and also I'd like to say the people doing it so far are doing a fine job, so I'm not slagging anyone off - but obviously it's easier if the load is spread between people on such a busy server that's bound to have problems.

Also - we could do with some more songs adding - as much as I like "backing the fuck up while limp fucks this track up" I'm hearing it a bit too often! :D

I'd be happy to admin, if its an option. Probably shouldn't give me it too me though, because I'd never delete my own tracks...

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#219  Edited By jeff
    Drazat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Drazat

Just bought this and love the GB server its a home from home on there.

gpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By gpink

Bought the game last night, and I quickly realized that I'm not very good at driving games. It feels extremely good when you do get a good run though. So good, I'll be putting in a WHOLE bunch of time to get better.

The dubstep is such a great fit.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By stalefishies

I've updated the GBSpeedway track: http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/5505

The dark banked turn that got the most complaints should now be much brighter. Also, I've added a wall after the first ramp after the banked section ends so it's easier to see where the two ramps end/begin since Jeff kept catching himself on the edge which seemed more annoying than anything. Plus, more turns before the loop because you can never have enough drifting. And, if I've set up the crazy .loc and .mux files right, there should now be track-specific music on there.

TigerDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By TigerDX

Have my first TM2 track here.

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/5797

I only made one other track like a year ago in TM: United, so this is kind of as much a learning exercise as anything else. If people don't like it, it'll just be down-voted and removed, right?

I spent some time making sure that you can still finish the track from every checkpoint, so hopefully people can still have fun with it even without making a "perfect" run.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Lokno

@stalefishies said:

I've updated the GBSpeedway track: http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/5505

The dark banked turn that got the most complaints should now be much brighter. Also, I've added a wall after the first ramp after the banked section ends so it's easier to see where the two ramps end/begin since Jeff kept catching himself on the edge which seemed more annoying than anything. Plus, more turns before the loop because you can never have enough drifting. And, if I've set up the crazy .loc and .mux files right, there should now be track-specific music on there.

Nice job lighting up the first right turn. Also, dubstep Cher.

Jimfear666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Jimfear666

i cant join gb server, its normal?

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Lokno

@Jimfear666 said:

i cant join gb server, its normal?

You should read the error you're getting, but it could be overcapacity; the largest number of people that can be on the server is 50 plus the admins. If the number is 50+, you're not getting in. Just try again later!

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#227  Edited By UncleDisco
    BLiNNeMaNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By BLiNNeMaNS

Hi all, just came on to promote my latest track. It's called Puppystyle and can be found here:
    http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/6015/puppystyle2
    It's a full speed track, finetuned for the biggest amount of online fun.
    As always it's around 45 seconds (just like my Driftigh track)
    anyways, here's a little youtube preview:

Hope you like it enough to run on the server. 

Greets, BLiNNeMaNS
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Ravenlight

I really wanna jump back on and try the new tracks but the past several nights, I've been unable to log in or wasn't receiving any LP from finishing a track.

Hopefully this is stuff that the developer will iron out soon :/

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#230  Edited By Torrim

In the past few weeks the quality of tracks has been getting way better. There's some tough but fair tracks that seem to be surviving the cuts and I'm glad it's that way.

Also the server has attracted some high ranking players too over the few weeks. I'm regularly playing (getting destroyed by) mid 200 ranks.

Soulblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#231  Edited By Soulblitz

I'm starting to wonder how many people on the server are actually from here. I wonder whether a lot of random people are going on because it's always busy and want to compare times, instead of it just being Giant Bomb guys racing each other. Maybe we should have a clan tag or something >_>

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By stalefishies
    @Soulblitz: Yeah, I think that the server being popular for most of the day, which I'm guessing is fairly rare for an American server, is bringing a lot of people who aren't GB fans to the server. I've had at least one person asking who the giant images of Jeff, Ryan etc. on my track are, and I'm guessing that there are likely to be more who just don't want to bother asking. Though it's a pretty good, laid-back server, so I'm not surprised that it's popular irrespective of the fact that it's a GB server or not.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By jeff

Hey, is anyone having trouble connecting? The server looks like it's under capacity, but when I try to get on it just hangs at the loading screen. Might restart the server in a bit to see if that does anything.

(Also, adding PuppyStyle2 right now.)

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#234  Edited By Silver-Streak

@Jeff: Just tested, was able to connect without a hitch.

TroZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By TroZ
    MephistOMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By MephistOMG

@Jeff said:

@jyost: Nah, no need to directly send me cash or anything like that. Thanks for the offer, though. All I'd ask is that people at least consider signing up for a Premium GB account.

I was considering it for a while, but this tipped the scale. Thanks for doing all this.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By jeff

@TroZ said:

Looks like a new server was released that should fix the problems with some tiles (light on bottom blocks) not loading on dedicated servers and various other fixes.

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=6996

Awesome. I haven't been prompted to restart the server, not sure if the host I'm using has the new software in place yet.

MephistOMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By MephistOMG
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By jeff

@MephistOMG said:

Here's a map I made:

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/6703

Added. Also, since you've made and uploaded a map, do you know what the "Disp. Cost" field on MX means? Yours has a cost of 2444. Just curious, since every map has it.

MephistOMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By MephistOMG

i have no idea what that means. maybe it has something to do with how many blocks you used when building it. like how halo's forge had a budget...

Let me tell you how embarassing it is to get 11th on your own map.

MAD_JIHAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By MAD_JIHAD

Im guessing its display cost, I think its just in case some people complain about really bad fps on a track the server admin can say well lets take all maps off with a cost over X. It might also increase the cost allot more with custom 3D content.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#242  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I hope this never dies! I'm having so much fun just jumping in when I have free time!

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Lokno
    Do it again
    Do it again

Hello everyone! I made another map! This time its a fullspeed. Once again Portal 2 themed, sorry if you're sick of that but I guess Portal has been a bit of muse for me. This map isn't crazy like the last one (no wall rides or loops). It's just a single figure 8 with pit at the intersection. Very simple, hopefully that's not too boring.

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/6757

Banner on the wall was created by Minttu Hynninen (http://theminttu.deviantart.com/)

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By jeff

@Lokno: Added.

There will be a restart/reinstall in the near future, probably when I get home tonight. The host finally upgraded to the new version of the dedicated server.

Also, players, make sure you go into your player page on player.maniaplanet.com and opt-in to optional updates. It fixes some things relating to downloading other users' models and, unless I'm crazy, it made my car WAY SHINIER.

MephistOMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By MephistOMG

Is there a way to update my track, or do i have to re-upload to mania exchange?

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By jeff

@MephistOMG: You need to reupload. MX has some kind of track update procedure that lets you update while keeping the same page/ID, I believe. Let me know when it's up there and I'll grab it again.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Lokno

Based on the times I'm seeing on mania-exchange, I'm guessing you can short-cut my track "Do it again."

Therefore, people are refusing to "do it again," or in other words take the first turn twice as it was intended. I think this is fantastic.

Update: I can't figure out how its done! Emergence!

dawndus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By dawndus

@Lokno said:

Based on the times I'm seeing on mania-exchange, I'm guessing you can short-cut my track "Do it again."

Therefore, people are refusing to "do it again," or in other words take the first turn twice as it was intended. I think this is fantastic.

This track also locks you into view #2 as soon as you leave the start block, not sure if that's intended, but being someone that plays from view #1, its really annoying.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Lokno

@dawndus said:

@Lokno said:

This track also locks you into view #2 as soon as you leave the start block, not sure if that's intended, but being someone that plays from view #1, its really annoying.

I was noticing that, but its not clear to me why. Is view #2 what the clip editor refers to as "default"? I thought default would be the standard view. I'll see if I can fix it, I hope its not an unavoidable byproduct of a wait to GPS set-up.

Edit: Thanks for the clip! Man, that cuts off a lot of the track. Maybe I need to pull back the roof.

MephistOMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By MephistOMG

where can i go to watch some high-level play? like, esl and eswc players...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.