Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Achievements

Concept »

Achievements are extra challenges added into video games that sometimes carry a point value or unlock bonus material, and are sometimes solely for bragging rights.

Achievement Update #102 - Birthday in 2 Days!

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By Xandurson

Well this is shocking, isn't it? I'm late again with my Achievement Update by more than a week! College has been sucking up my time so don't think that I have forgotten about you guys. So without further ado, LET'S DO THIS!

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS:
    GUITAR HERO 5
    80/1000 Points
    8/49 Achievements

Name:
    You Want More?
    Description: You completed 5 encore gigs
    Acquired: October 14, 2009

Name: Rising Star
    Description: Collected 101 Stars in Career

GUITAR HERO: METALLICA
    600/1000 Points
    30/50 Achievements

Name:
    The Unforgiven II
    Description: You won an online Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more
    Acquired: October 7, 2009

Name: The Unforgiven
    Description: You won an online Face-Off match

CURRENT GAMERSCORE:
    21,331 Points

So this was a Guitar Hero-themed week (or weeks). Also, my birthday is on Friday! I turn 18 for those wondering. To be honest, I don't really care. The only thing I can't wait for about it is the fact that it will be easier for me to get a job now that I'm 18. I did have an interview at Wendy's today though so hopefully that comes to pass. If not, I just try again. Another good thing is that I might get some games, movies, and most importantly cash! I will be getting at least $50 which I will be using to pay off the rest of my $80 MW2 pre-order. The rest will be used for my tough, tough decision of Assassin's Creed 2 or Borderlands. However, I have just about no time for games right now so I may just save the money until I have time to play some games again.

Until next time, expect a blog on Friday (my birthday)!
    -GamerGeek360

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Xandurson

Well this is shocking, isn't it? I'm late again with my Achievement Update by more than a week! College has been sucking up my time so don't think that I have forgotten about you guys. So without further ado, LET'S DO THIS!

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS:
    GUITAR HERO 5
    80/1000 Points
    8/49 Achievements

Name:
    You Want More?
    Description: You completed 5 encore gigs

Name: Rising Star
    Description: Collected 101 Stars in Career

GUITAR HERO: METALLICA
    600/1000 Points
    30/50 Achievements

Name:
    The Unforgiven II
    Description: You won an online Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more

Name: The Unforgiven
    Description: You won an online Face-Off match

CURRENT GAMERSCORE:
    21,331 Points

So this was a Guitar Hero-themed week (or weeks). Also, my birthday is on Friday! I turn 18 for those wondering. To be honest, I don't really care. The only thing I can't wait for about it is the fact that it will be easier for me to get a job now that I'm 18. I did have an interview at Wendy's today though so hopefully that comes to pass. If not, I just try again. Another good thing is that I might get some games, movies, and most importantly cash! I will be getting at least $50 which I will be using to pay off the rest of my $80 MW2 pre-order. The rest will be used for my tough, tough decision of Assassin's Creed 2 or Borderlands. However, I have just about no time for games right now so I may just save the money until I have time to play some games again.

Until next time, expect a blog on Friday (my birthday)!
    -GamerGeek360

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Happy birthday! (in case I forget)

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xandurson
    @natetodamax: Why thank you!
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

Happy early birthday!! Maybe I will remember via Twitter. Still, I want to try out Guitar Hero 5 myself just for one song. The one, the only....Sultans of Swing. Yeah....

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xandurson
    @RHCPfan24: Really all of the songs work for that game. As much as I was hoping "Play That Funky Music" wouldn't be good, it kinda, sorta is. And thank you.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @GamerGeek360: Wild Cherry!! Yeah that song must be fun to sing as well.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

Happy early birthday.  Also, save that money for eggs and bread, sir.  I will guarantee you that eggs and bread will make a huge difference when you run out of food.  It's quick, easy, and if you've got a little cheese laying around, then you're good to go!!!  Unless your family is loaded and/or you are just living with the family still...because that means you're lucky as shit. 

THEN AGAIN...I smoked a fuckload of pot in college...so I was always broke outside of money for bills and pot. 

As for achievements, I broke 38,000 this week.  Don't know if you've gotten to play ODST yet, but that's some good achievement points to pull.  I haven't done my Legendary run yet, but then again, I've got a ton of games going at once.  How you feelin' about those GH5 achievements?  It seems like they won't be nearly as difficult as they have been, and I'm generally pleased with that list.  I haven't gotten as far into the career as you have, but I'll pick up on it eventually. 

Piece out, achievement brethren.  May the cheevs be with you.  Nanoo nanoo.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

I had a really productive achievement week, S ranking Pure. Now I'm working on Nuts & Bolts (925/1250).

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
    @StarFoxA: DOOD!  I think I'll need to pick that game up so we can whore the multiplayer cheevs!!!  I've just gotta buy another copy of it. 

Also, how hard is Pure to S rank...and why haven't you S ranked RFG yet?!
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarFoxA
    @jakob187: Pure just takes some time and effort, but it's not that difficult of an S rank. X360A has all the information you need.

And dude, I have all of the Banjo-Kazooie multiplayer achievements except one, which requires the DLC.

Oh, and RFG? One word: Revolutionary
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xandurson
    @jakob187 said:
    " Happy early birthday.  Also, save that money for eggs and bread, sir.  I will guarantee you that eggs and bread will make a huge difference when you run out of food.  It's quick, easy, and if you've got a little cheese laying around, then you're good to go!!!  Unless your family is loaded and/or you are just living with the family still...because that means you're lucky as shit.  THEN AGAIN...I smoked a fuckload of pot in college...so I was always broke outside of money for bills and pot.  As for achievements, I broke 38,000 this week.  Don't know if you've gotten to play ODST yet, but that's some good achievement points to pull.  I haven't done my Legendary run yet, but then again, I've got a ton of games going at once.  How you feelin' about those GH5 achievements?  It seems like they won't be nearly as difficult as they have been, and I'm generally pleased with that list.  I haven't gotten as far into the career as you have, but I'll pick up on it eventually.  Piece out, achievement brethren.  May the cheevs be with you.  Nanoo nanoo. "
    I'm living with my parents right now but once I get a job, then I'll be moving out. Congrats on 38k! As for GH5, the achievements look really easy so I'm happy with that.

@StarFoxA said:
    " I had a really productive achievement week, S ranking Pure. Now I'm working on Nuts & Bolts (925/1250). "

Congrats man! I wish I had more S ranks but I guess 4 isn't a bad number since two of those are Call of Duty 2 and 4.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StarFoxA
    @GamerGeek360: I only have four retail S ranks myself: Call of Duty 4, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, The Bourne Conspiracy, and Pure. I have five arcade S ranks, though.
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xandurson
    @StarFoxA: Oh well, that's better than me. I have 3 retail S ranks and one arcade one. So congrats go to you good sir.
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TheGamerGeek

I don't care how good Borderlands looks, GET ASSASSINS CREED!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.