Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Advent Rising

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 31, 2005

In this third-person Sci-Fi action-adventure game, you take the role of Gideon Wyeth, an unlikely hero who unlocks the extraordinary power which lies dormant within each human, and must use his new abilities to defeat a powerful alien race... or face the extinction of humanity.

Sequel?

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Ross

Hey who would like to see the continuation of the trilogy?  Before when the creators (the Mustard Bros.) had their indie company, Chair Entertainment, they said that they would love to finish the trilogy but did not have the money to buy the license back from Majesco.  But now that they have been bought by Epic, do you think there is a possibility that with this next generation of consoles, and a few smaller successful games under their belt, that Epic would buy the license back for them?  Thoughts?

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Virago

Trilogies should always be finished, otherwise they cease to be trilogies!

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By brukaoru

Tommy Tallarico is needed again, if he's busy, the sequels cannot be done!

Also, a million dollars must be offered and never given away, again!

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ross

Dude Tommy Tallarico is an AMAZING video game composer and very funny game critic.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Lies

Do I really need Orson Scott Card to tell me the other two parts of Mormonism?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brukaoru
    Ross said:
    "Dude Tommy Tallarico is an AMAZING video game composer and very funny game critic."
    Yes he is. That's why the sequels cannot be done without him!
    Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ross
    Lies said:
    "Do I really need Orson Scott Card to tell me the other two parts of Mormonism?"
    I don't know much about Mormonism but I like the story in the game. 
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Lies
    Ross said:
    "Lies said:
    "Do I really need Orson Scott Card to tell me the other two parts of Mormonism?"
    I don't know much about Mormonism but I like the story in the game. "
    It's a loosely allegorical retelling of Mormonism.
    Jon_Rivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Jon_Rivera

Allegories and satires aside, Advent Rising's story should not end on an inconclusive note because a poorly developed game. I remeber being torn about this game when I bought it. I wanted to like it and enjoy it for what it was trying to do, but the technical problems that game had drained most of the interest out of me. I feel terrible about it, for I enjoyed the well scripted story as well as the games dynamic soundtrack. I would like Chair to finish the intended trilogy, and find a competant developer to work on the games.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Lies said:
    I wish Orson Scott Card would tell me everything there is to know.
    I want him to read me Atlas Shrugged as I go to sleep.
    Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Roger_Klotz

If they do make a sequal, I hope majesco doesnt produce it. Other than psychonauts they make some really horrible games. Whe I played the first one it was so buggy I couldnt even finish it.

Avatar image for theoriginalfish
    TheOriginalFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheOriginalFish

Lol, WTF.

SilentHunter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By SilentHunter7
    Roger_Klotz said:
    "If they do make a sequal, I hope majesco doesnt produce it. Other than psychonauts they make some really horrible games. Whe I played the first one it was so buggy I couldnt even finish it."

Majesco didn't make Psychonauts, they just payed for it.

I swear an Advent sequel developed by an Epic-owned Chair entertainment would be awesome. I'd be the first to go grab it.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187
    Ross said:
    "Dude Tommy Tallarico is an AMAZING video game composer and very funny game critic."
    He's a shitty game critic.  I remember when he gave Advent Rising a high review score (I believe an 8 out of 10, can't remember the Electric Playground reviewing scale and such, but I know it was the equivalent of this).  Now is that biased or what?  So fuck him.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world realized that this game was underdeveloped and didn't cut it at all.  The ideas were great, sure, and the story would've been AWESOME to tell.  However, we would need a remake (or at least a full non-bugged version) of the original before two more could be made.
    rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By rexualhealing

Remember when Advent Rising was rereleased as an extra for a Uwe Boll movie? (want to say it was BloodRayne 2, but I could be wrong).

I lol'd.

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By stafax
    @Ross said:
    " Hey who would like to see the continuation of the trilogy?  Before when the creators (the Mustard Bros.) had their indie company, Chair Entertainment, they said that they would love to finish the trilogy but did not have the money to buy the license back from Majesco.  But now that they have been bought by Epic, do you think there is a possibility that with this next generation of consoles, and a few smaller successful games under their belt, that Epic would buy the license back for them?  Thoughts? "
    From what I read, the Mustard Bros tried buying the license from Majesco, but Majesco didn't want to sell it to them for some reason, even though they don't want to continue it.

But either way, I would really love to see the conclusion of this story, especially with that last boss fight, I really wanted to know what happened next.... not some damned "to be continued" sign.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.