• Game Disc in box with unique art
• Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
• "The Alan Wake Files" – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
• Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
• Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
• Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
That's for $80. I usually shy away from this kind of stuff, but this one seems pretty cool. It seems a lot different from the typical shiny case, behind the scenes video, in game item that get passed off as Limited or Collector's editions. So what do you guys think about this stuff for the extra $20? The in-game commentary seems like it would be pretty cool to throw on for a 2nd or 3rd playthrough of the game. The 144pg book also seems like it could be potentially pretty cool, as well as the soundtrack, depending on the quality of the music in the game (obviously). The free DLC is an obvious plus too.
This is why I hate these Collector's Edition stuff, if the book, FBI dossier things, and the soundtrack are all done well, this would be pretty easily worth the extra $20, but for all I know they will be some crap churned out in a couple hours before the game goes gold.