Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alice: Madness Returns

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Alice is back, and so is her fragile grasp on reality. She must journey through both Victorian London and the dark world of Wonderland to retain her sanity and find out the truth behind her family's deaths, in this long-awaited sequel to American McGee's Alice.

Alice: Madness Returns includes original American McGee's Alice

ExplodingTuba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ExplodingTuba

Just found this rather interesting tidbit of information and thought that this was extremely exciting, especially after hearing Ryan on last week's Bombcast talk about how utterly broken the original American McGee's Alice was. I sincerely hope this means that the controls will be redone  and possibly an HD makeover like Beyond Good and Evil. So far it looks like the original Alice will only be included on Xbox 360 and PS3 copies, no word yet on PC copies. Anyone think this is kind of exciting or just an unnecessary inclusion?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Sounds good to me, I wanna play the old Alice game, especially if it's improved

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By valrog

I think it's a good idea, for the people who haven't experienced it yet. Hopefully they do the same for PC, especially with the improved controls and all.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By htr10

it's always better to get something extra for free, but you couldn't pay me enough to play the original alice again after all these years.  the original was a really compelling game, but the gameplay is not something that I could deal with in 2011.
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands

Hmm... I played a good amount of the original - not to completion, got to a huge forest and a bunny got crushed and then I got lost - and I found the gameplay to be pretty average, not terrible. The hardest part of the game was figuring out what I was doing. Anyway, it's pretty cool if they are in fact adding it to the package.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That is fantasic news. I wanted to play the first and now I can - for free.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Eelcire

Hoping the PC version also qualifies for the bonus. Though, any word on what DRM EA will be using for the game?
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akrid

How generous of them!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By cornbredx

No, I think you misunderstood. First off, Vinny was the one who brought it up =P
    Anyway, the original game isnt broken- it works fine. By today's standards it has it's jank (especially in parts where it attempts physics such as climbing ropes) but it is a good game and an interesting take on the Alice story.

Also be careful how you understand the game from the Bomb Cast. I love these guys, but they don't seem to remember the original that well and a lot of stuff they say is not completely accurate. Vinny's view on playing it now, though, I'd say is accurate as the game most certainly feels like a first of it's kind (experimental if you will).

I still have an original copy. It's pretty crazy how much it's going for now so it's good they are going to include it with the new one. The game isn't bad by any means though.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By beforet

Great! Now I won't have to pirate the original. I'm not going to hell after all! =D

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By iamjohn
    @BenKweller57 said:
    " Just found this rather interesting tidbit of information and thought that this was extremely exciting, especially after hearing Ryan on last week's Bombcast talk about how utterly broken the original American McGee's Alice was. 
    "
    Ryan wasn't on last week. :P
    Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Gerhabio

WOW, this is really great.

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Synaptic

That makes me a lot more excited, the old one is really hard to find so I wasn't sure I'd ever get to experience it.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Solh0und

Damn, you beat me to it.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#15  Edited By Dimsey

Good to hear. I was just going to ignore the sequel as I'd not played the original and couldn't be arsed tracking down a copy.
    If I don't have to then all the better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.