Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

I Love Aliens Vs. Predators (Everything, minus the movies)

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArcBorealis

I don't own a whole lot of games, so if there's a game I played recently, there's a chance I got to it by borrowing from a friend, or visiting said friend's home and playing the game. One of those games from a few years back was Aliens Vs. Predator. It actually had introduced me to both the Alien and Predator series, as I was unaware of them until then. Now I love the series, as well as the concept behind the cross over.

Already, among the many pre-E3 announcements, Aliens Vs. Predator is now one of my most anticipated games for next year. My excitement went through three stages. The first was curiousity when I saw the announcement, second was happy that it was in first person like the last two games, and the third made it for me, with the devs of the original PC game stepping up to bring this next game. A bit risky of me, considering Rebellion's track record hasn't been stellar as of late (Shellshock 2 anyone?), but if they're putting more effort into this than they did with their last games, I'll get behind them.

A couple days ago I had watched Gametrailers TV's pre-E3 episode, and they had a rather short (only a minute) section talking about AVP, along with advertising Deadliest Warrior (it IS on Spike, you know). Only footage of predator gameplay, but it already looks awesome in motion, and retains the authenticity of the Predator's gear and equipment, from the wrist blades, to the different vision modes.

But I gotta say, the one thing that made my jaw drop, was THIS.

No Caption Provided
    I never thought I'd see the day when an Alien's proboscis/inner jaw was ripped out.

I mean, I'm more interested in seeing how the alien plays, but now I wanna play as the predator more than ever just for THAT. Fingers crossed we see more great stuff come out of this from E3

*Dear God, please let there be a level where you play through the Alien's lifecycle. I wanna eat my way out of my victim's chest, despite how sick and gross that just sounded*
    ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ArcBorealis

I don't own a whole lot of games, so if there's a game I played recently, there's a chance I got to it by borrowing from a friend, or visiting said friend's home and playing the game. One of those games from a few years back was Aliens Vs. Predator. It actually had introduced me to both the Alien and Predator series, as I was unaware of them until then. Now I love the series, as well as the concept behind the cross over.

Already, among the many pre-E3 announcements, Aliens Vs. Predator is now one of my most anticipated games for next year. My excitement went through three stages. The first was curiousity when I saw the announcement, second was happy that it was in first person like the last two games, and the third made it for me, with the devs of the original PC game stepping up to bring this next game. A bit risky of me, considering Rebellion's track record hasn't been stellar as of late (Shellshock 2 anyone?), but if they're putting more effort into this than they did with their last games, I'll get behind them.

A couple days ago I had watched Gametrailers TV's pre-E3 episode, and they had a rather short (only a minute) section talking about AVP, along with advertising Deadliest Warrior (it IS on Spike, you know). Only footage of predator gameplay, but it already looks awesome in motion, and retains the authenticity of the Predator's gear and equipment, from the wrist blades, to the different vision modes.

But I gotta say, the one thing that made my jaw drop, was THIS.

No Caption Provided
    I never thought I'd see the day when an Alien's proboscis/inner jaw was ripped out.

I mean, I'm more interested in seeing how the alien plays, but now I wanna play as the predator more than ever just for THAT. Fingers crossed we see more great stuff come out of this from E3

*Dear God, please let there be a level where you play through the Alien's lifecycle. I wanna eat my way out of my victim's chest, despite how sick and gross that just sounded*
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

So do I. I live in hope with this new game. I love both film franchises but hate the AvP films with a passion. I recently caught the first film again to see if it had any redeeming aspects. I found none. I watched the film through every second thinking that idea is terrible, and the direction here is sh*t. It all angered me as a fan. Cheap muck.. it pains me as fan to watch these films. If there was one film I would love to make and I think I could make well, it would be Aliens Vs Predator.

I have yet to see that video on GT, so thanks for reminding me.

Would be cool to get a chest-bursters view of the world.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By delta_ass

Yea, sneaking around stealthily as a chestburster was pretty awesome.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArcBorealis
    Linkyshinks said:
    So do I. I live in hope with this new game. I love both film franchises but hate the AvP ... [more]

Yeah, the movie was plain shit, and the sequel didn't help it, and was worse (that predalien looked awful, why give it dreads?)

It's funny, I wanna play as a chestburster just like in AVP2, but seeing it in today's visuals, I'm not sure if my mind would take it. I mean, back then it was pretty early last gen graphics, like the halfway mark between 64 and 128 bit. Still wanna see it happen though.
    astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By astrozombie

I'm really looking forward to this game. Playing as the Predator and the Alien will be awesome. It kinda sucks out all the epicness of playing a marine though lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Man, eating out of the victims chest, that would be fucking awesome.

Newtime1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Newtime1

i feel for you man, the involvement of rebellion scares me as well.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

The game's looking good on the evidence of the latest trailer,  I'm actually confident the gameplay itself will be tight now, There were a few clues to as what the game might involve, and it will please Aliens fans.  Barricading up and placing sentry guns to fend of swarms should be fun, it could work very well as a online component..

On the other hand, the character models and textures can definitely do with some work. Some of the models look cheap and not what you would expect from a current gen game. Ultimately, the production values seem a little low for such a game today, I hope they can work on it all before release push the hardware more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.