Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alone in the Dark

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 24, 2008

A reboot of the Alone in the Dark series, once again following Edward Carnby in his fight against the vile creatures of the darkness.

Is there any game worse then...

• 74 results
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#51  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm sure that a lot of things that the Angry Video Game Nerd has reviewed are far worse than Alone in the Dark.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Absurd

Plumbers don't wear ties.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Grimace

Theres a little hack and slash game on PS2 called Raging Blades.

Avoid - it looks like it was made by a kid during work experience.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By keyhunter

Peter Jackson's King Kong Official Game of the Movie was ten times worse than any game you guys have mentioned thus far. I've played big rigs personally, and it's actually pretty fun. The trucks handle realistically, lots of customization options. But peter jaksons king kong official game of the movie...Holy shit. I've never had a worse experience. Everything in that game is fucking..Brown...And there's only one puzzle, but you have to do it 50 times, and the bugs! Oh the bugs! And I don't mean the one enemy you fight in the game, that game failed to run a script or someshit at the end of a level disallowing me from completing it, and that happened 100% of the times that I played the game. They did the impossible with King Kong, they made it 4 hours long, but 5 hours too long.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @keyhunter:

I disagree pretty heavily, I experienced no end of level glitches with King Kong at all, it was an enjoyable if lackluster 4 or so hours.

It's really nowhere near as bad as 'any game you guys have mentioned thus far'.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Shadow

As someone who just recently thousand pointed it, yes, there are far worse games.  Alone In The dark was actually not bad.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ArchScabby
    @The_A_Drain: are you including the wii?  Cuz if not I seriously doubt you could name 20-30 games worse than fucking Vampire Rain.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @ArchScabby said:
    "@The_A_Drain: are you including the wii?  Cuz if not I seriously doubt you could name 20-30 games worse than fucking Vampire Rain."

Well let's have a go shall we?

First the ones from the Xbox 360 metacritic rating less than Vampire Rain I noted above

Kengo: Legend of the 9
    Rock Revolution
    Hour of Victory
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Frogger 2
    Damnation
    Double D Dodgeball
    History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
    Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon
    Bomberman Act Zero
    Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
    Jumper: Griffins Story
    Crazy Mouse
    Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
    Yaris

There are no PS3 titles rated lower other than Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust

PSP

Dragonball Evolusion
    Winx Club: Join the Club
    Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
    Transformers RoTF

Now, even disregarding wii and DS, there are a ton more I personally think are worse than vampire rain by leagues.

Starting with 360 again

Cabelas alaskan adventures
    Cabelas african safari
    Cabelas big game hunter 2008
    Cabelas dangerous hunts 2009
    Cabelas trophy bucks

Call of Juarez (the original)

History Channel: Civil War Missions
    History Channel: A Nation Divided

Legendary

New Rally X

Onechanbara Bikini Samurai squad/Zombie Slayers

Rapela Fishing Frenzy
    Rapela Tournament Frenzy

That's just retail. And not even including barbir horse adventures, or me and my horse 1 and 2.

XBLA
    Cloning Clyde
    Band of Bugs
    Screwjumper
    Feeding Frenzy
    Feeding Frenzy 2

Edit: HEre's some more

The Golden Compass
    Moto GP 06
    Too Human
    Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
    A - Train HX

And i'm sure theres more, these are just the ones i've played, or friends have owned/played and i've watched, we could probably push that up to 200 if we include a whole bunch of shitty wii and ds games nobody ever heard of.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pazy
    @The_A_Drain said:

Hour of Victory

Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon

Whats wrong with these games besides being a bit generic? Ive played both of them and theres nothing especially wrong with them as such they are just average (or at least in the case of Destroy all Humans a rehash mostly). Theres not excessivly bad at least, certainly not vampire rain quaility. (though Vampire Rain has it fans, those who like classic stealth I assume where its pixel perfect and stupidly hard to learn)

@The_A_Drain said:

My Horse and Me

I have to defend this since I got my aunt it for christmas and she loves it :)

@The_A_Drain said:

Call of Juarez

And whats wrong with Call of Juarez? its not as good as bound in blood but its a damb good game really, it might not be your fancy but it rated well and seemed to sell well. Though it wasent the second (first?) coming of western shooters it was certainly competant and fun.

There are easily 200 games worse than Vampire Rain through time and probably this generation but I dont think your really picking the right targets. You seem to be picking games you dont like personally or middling and generic ones. Neither of these qualitys make them bad games. Though this is just my opinion, take it for what you will.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Pazy:

Well, Hour of Victory is short, very badly designed, very low graphic quality, riddled with bugs and glitches etc. That's not middling or generic, that's fucking terrible.

Vampire Rain is just badly designed, poorly written and voice acted. I would say the same about it as you would about the games you picked out, it's horrendously badly designed, but it functions as it should for the most part, has vaguely acceptable graphic quality, it's the low end of acceptable.

Also i'm not just picking on games I didn't like, I enjoyed Call of Juarez and many other games on that list (For example I played Cabelas alaskan Adventure to 970 points, and History Channel Battle for the Pacific to all of it's single player achievements)

I'm just calling it as I see it personall, and personally, I consider each game on that list to be of an all round lower quality than Vampire Rain.

Your aunt might love "My Horse and Me" but it's design, graphics, gameplay etc etc are far below an acceptable quality, the subject matter doesn't matter to me at all, it's just a badly designed and poorly implemented game.

I have a habit of enjoying terrible games, but like I said i'm calling it as I see it personally, games like Dark Sector, The Bourne Conspiracy, Lost, Prey, Stranglehold and Alone in the Dark are generic, middling/ average games. Everything I listed I feel is significantly worse than average.

My overall point though is not to call out specific games, but that for every game where somebody says "This is teh worst EVAR!!!" there are a bunch somebody can name that are worse.

Edit: Also don't blame me for hour of victory and destroy all humans path of the furon, those are from the metacritic list lol, ranked below Vampire Rain on aggregate reviews. Now, I don't take metacritic as any sort of precedant, I dislike it and it's system, but it's clear to see from it that a whole bunch of people liked them a lot less than they did Vampire Rain.
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By zyn
    @FrankCanada97:  Stupid ass game is torturing Alex!
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#62  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @DrainDeimo:  The fact that you posted this in the Alone in the dark forum destroyed any potential suspence you may have been going for with the topic title as the words alone in the dark were printed directly under it on the forum topic list. Anyways, that was pretty funny. Haven't seen a whole lot of this game, sounds bad. I should take a look. I like to stay informed even with the most crappy games.
    Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#63  Edited By Hector
    @MattyFTM said:
    " This one:

The
    The "YOURE WINNER !" screen.
    "
    Isn't this that Trick racing game where you go straight into backgrounds.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @DrainDeimo:  The fact that you posted this in the Alone in the dark forum destroyed any potential suspence you may have been going for with the topic title as the words alone in the dark were printed directly under it on the forum topic list. Anyways, that was pretty funny. Haven't seen a whole lot of this game, sounds bad. I should take a look. I like to stay informed even with the most crappy games. "
    It was moved from general.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#65  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @The_A_Drain said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @DrainDeimo:  The fact that you posted this in the Alone in the dark forum destroyed any potential suspence you may have been going for with the topic title as the words alone in the dark were printed directly under it on the forum topic list. Anyways, that was pretty funny. Haven't seen a whole lot of this game, sounds bad. I should take a look. I like to stay informed even with the most crappy games. "
    It was moved from general.
    "
    Ah ha... (is this our chance?)
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @DrainDeimo said:
    " Alone in the dark? This game is the biggest piece of crap I've ever play. Is there any game worse then this? "
    Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.
    benjamimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By benjamimmy
    @Snail said:
    " Two things:
    1. There is a typo in your title.
    2. If Alone in the Dark is the biggest piece of crap you've ever played, you haven't played nearly enough games.
    "
    I was thinking the same thing on both those points. :P
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By super_machine

Its already been said a dozen times. TC, you need to play more bad games.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#69  Edited By citizenkane

The trolling and flame baiting is strong with the original poster.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TwoOneFive

i thought this game was pretty fun when i played it on ps3

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#71  Edited By AndrewB

Than.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ArchScabby
    @The_A_Drain: That list kinda scares me, but a lot of the games you listed were arcade games, and even free ones like Yaris.  But you're right about the retail games on there.  Those games are hell, but I think most of them are about just as bad as Vampire Rain not really worse.

And Call of Juarez?  What the hell?  That wasn't the best game ever but it was alright.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @ArchScabby:

Ok, maybe Call of Juarez was a bad choice, but I really felt that the awful controls, bad level layout and design, terrible AI (and terribly designed sections dependant on AI, IE stealth sections) and etc made it less enjoyable an experience for me personally. But yeah i'm happy to take it back.

I still personally consider each game on that list to be worse than Vampire Raqin, but i'll happily concede that they are round about as bad, maybe not flat out worse. But i'd say a fair chunk of them definately are without question, worse.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By vidiot
    @The_A_Drain said:
    " @keyhunter: I disagree pretty heavily, I experienced no end of level glitches with King Kong at all, it was an enjoyable if lackluster 4 or so hours.It's really nowhere near as bad as 'any game you guys have mentioned thus far'. "
    Big Rigs Vs. The King Kong game? Good lord!
    Last time I checked, there were solid objects that you couldn't walk through in the King Kong game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.