PlatinumGames' online multiplayer game announced: Max Anarchy

#1 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19001 posts) -

Read about that earlier.  Definitely looking forward to see how this game shapes up.

#3 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
Here's some more information
 
Key stuff: 
  • It will be a "Multiplayer Melee Fighting Action" game supporting a large number of players, something that supposedly hasn't been done before (I'm not sure if that's true).
  • Development started two years ago.
  • There will be a variety of online modes, as well as a single-player story mode with a "solid story".
  • Worldwide release this autumn.
#4 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Don't care much for multiplayer focused game. Hopefully their next project will be more interesting. :(

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

I'm interested in anything PlatinumGames has to offer, but this just sounds a little too weird.  Hopefully, it does not disappoint us.

#6 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Anything Platinum Games makes is guaranteed to be both completely awesome and completely insane. Can't wait to see more.

#7 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
" Don't care much for multiplayer focused game. Hopefully their next project will be more interesting. :( "
Even if the main focus is on multiplayer, there'll still be a single-player story mode. 
 
The main thing for me is who's developing it. If Kamiya is involved, it'll be my most anticipated game of the year, and a guaranteed day one purchase. If it's the MadWorld dudes? Well... then I'll be less excited.
#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19350 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" If it's the MadWorld dudes? Well... then I'll be less excited. "
MadWorld's director, Shigenori Nishikawa, has left Platinum so that could do... something. I dunno. 
 
Max Anarchy reminds me of Devil's Third. Wonder how similar they'll actually be.
#9 Posted by Pie (7103 posts) -

A melee multiplayer action game with a ton of people sounds interesting I guess. 
But it's mutliplayer...

#10 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

Nooo... Platinum needs to make more action games like Bayonetta! Or even a sequel to Bayonetta! I think it would be cool playing a game featuring Jeanne. I thought she was a great character.

#11 Posted by Zippedbinders (998 posts) -

I love how, even on Giantbomb, reading comprehension is something reserved to only the title of the thread. Amazing. 

#12 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @CrazyChris said:
" Don't care much for multiplayer focused game. Hopefully their next project will be more interesting. :( "
Even if the main focus is on multiplayer, there'll still be a single-player story mode.  The main thing for me is who's developing it. If Kamiya is involved, it'll be my most anticipated game of the year, and a guaranteed day one purchase. If it's the MadWorld dudes? Well... then I'll be less excited. "
True that. As long as the single player is a good ride I have no problem with that. Just a bit scared when they flat out say "multiplayer focused game".
#13 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -

Okay, I've got some more info: the director is Masaki Yamanaka, MadWorld's art director, and the game will be called Anarchy Reigns in the West (I have to say, I think Max Anarchy is a much better name).
 
@xyzygy said:

" Nooo... Platinum needs to make more action games like Bayonetta! Or even a sequel to Bayonetta! I think it would be cool playing a game featuring Jeanne. I thought she was a great character. "
Anarchy Reigns is being developed by the MadWorld people. Hideki Kamiya and his dudes are working on something else (and if his track record is any indication, there's a pretty good chance it involves crazy over-the-top action).
#14 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

If it isn't on the same level of bat shit craziness as Bayonetta or Vanquish I'll be pretty bummed.

#15 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
#16 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@Icemael: It is called Anarchy Reigns it the west
Online
#17 Posted by Marcsman (3209 posts) -

Outstanding
#18 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -
Here's a teaser.
 
@kingofpeanuts said:
" @Icemael: It is called Anarchy Reigns it the west "
@Icemael said:
" Okay, I've got some more info: the director is Masaki Yamanaka, MadWorld's art director, and the game will be called Anarchy Reigns in the West (I have to say, I think Max Anarchy is a much better name).. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.